House Price Crash Forum
US Citizen

Bradford & Bingley Staff Have A Choice.

More from my little birdie.

Yorkshire- God's Country. A green a pleasant setting just North of Bradford & Keighley is the UK HQ of Bradford & Bingley Building Society.

The staff are to receive an email over this weekend which they receive on Monday, that B&B are forging and intergrating their business more with Abbey National PLC under SANTANDER (SATAN DARE). They wish to cut cost and so they are offering some of their staff around 550 of them in the former savings division to either relocate (all expenses not paid) to London and take up a position there or volunteers will be asked for redundancy. They are keen to stress that their will be no compulsary redundancies at this time.

Looks like London's the place to be for banking. Twas it ever not the case.

Edited by debt-free

More from my little birdie.

Yorkshire- God's Country. A green a pleasant setting just North of Bradford & Keighley is the UK HQ of Bradford & Bingley Building Society.

The staff are to receive an email over this weekend which they receive on Monday, that B&B are forging and intergrating their business more with Abbey National PLC under SANTANDER (SATAN DARE). They wish to cut cost and so they are offering some of their staff around 550 of them in the former savings division to either relocate (all expenses not paid) to London and take up a position there or volunteers will be asked for redundancy. They are keen to stress that their will be no compulsary redundancies at this time.

there is also the IT dev head office sight of Abbey National (I think) in Bradford Centre near Interchange station, which people might hope to get a move to instead... clearly your insider info is better than my local info...

there is also the IT dev head office sight of Abbey National (I think) in Bradford Centre near Interchange station, which people might hope to get a move to instead... clearly your insider info is better than my local info...

I dont think their affected as it wasnt mentioned. Savings stafff were all that was mentioned.

Will this help to boost London house prices.

Lets have more people living in an already conjested area. Genius.

London becomes, Shiang Hai, Bangkok, Cairo ... just a little colder and wetter. But the same none the less. The urbanisation of a society. (Have we gone back 200 years or what ?)

I dont think their affected as it wasnt mentioned. Savings stafff were all that was mentioned.

yep - B&B IT staff may well get offers to go to Bradford which is no big deal at all, 5 or 10 miles away

savings business staff would of course have to go to whever the newly centralised savings function is centralised

If my experience of yorkshire people is anything to go by, they won't like moving to London, and they'll get the shock of their lives when they see how much organised and focussed they will have to work darn saaf.

Edited by Si1

Towns round there are basically like thecouncil estate part of Royston VAsey (it was based on exactly these) however, you CAN commute from the Yorkshire Dales very easily...

yep - B&B IT staff may well get offers to go to Bradford which is no big deal at all, 5 or 10 miles away

savings business staff would of course have to go to whever the newly centralised savings function is centralised

If my experience of yorkshire people is anything to go by, they won't like moving to London, and they'll get the shock of their lives when they see how much organised and focussed they will have to work darn saaf.

A very big +1

Definitely.

Mind you I doubt London, or anywhere for that matter, will warmly welcome a body of men that destroyed a once respected building society in the time it takes to say "self-certified Buy to let mortgages".

Definitely.

Mind you I doubt London, or anywhere for that matter, will warmly welcome a body of men that destroyed a once respected building society in the time it takes to say "self-certified Buy to let mortgages".

They wont tell, if you dont.

A very big +1

B@B hq is 5 minutes drive from Ilkley moor.

In fact within half an hours drive of B&B HQ, you are in the beautiful and completely stunning Yorkshire Dales.

Towns round there are basically like thecouncil estate part of Royston VAsey (it was based on exactly these) however, you CAN commute from the Yorkshire Dales very easily...

[did your mummy tell you that everytown above Luton is filled with naked angles covered in blue warpaint, ready to behead southerners and rape and pillage the village?]

Wikipedia:

It is widely believed that a lot of the characters and indeed the town are based on Pemberton's home town of Chorley, with Royston Vasey based on Adlington, a village within Chorley Borough.

[Chorelys Lancashire Sonny. T'other side o'Border.]

[My experience of commuting between North Yorks, Leeds and London for ten years says your experience must be very limited indeed]

[My experience of commuting between North Yorks, Leeds and London for ten years says your experience must be very limited indeed]

I've worked for blue chip financial services copanies in the SE and Yorkshire so have some experience, but perhaps limited as I was a permie.

B@B hq is 5 minutes drive from Ilkley moor.

yeah - the sh*t side - there's a reason Ilkley is on the other side of the Moor. But yeah, it IS handy for the Dales. That side is rough tho, comeon....

Definitely.

Well London is full of those types already, so it hardly matters. Excellent company in fact for spivvy estate agents hedge fund managers, property flipping MP's and "creative industry" types.

Fingers crossed they will demolish this monstrosity then.

Sorry, but isn't Bradford and Bingley dead already?

And that concrete monstrosity . . . looks like an old Communist hotel in Poznan from the 60s . . . stayed in one of those.

Even in Eastern Europe, stuff that tacky is being dynamited as we speak.

Will this help to boost London house prices.

Lets have more people living in an already conjested area. Genius.

Can't quite understand this myself. Is the ulterior motive to dissuade people from moving to London and hence leave the company voluntarily ?

:unsure:

Can't quite understand this myself. Is the ulterior motive to dissuade people from moving to London and hence leave the company voluntarily ?

:unsure:

Any that do decide to relocate will have a huge shock with London house prices - rent or buy. I can't imagine they'll receive higher salaries commensurate with this enormous extra expense - hence a fall in living standards for anyone mad enough to take them up on it.

Fingers crossed they will demolish this monstrosity then.

bradford_and_bingleyhq-475x356.jpg

(That's the good angle by the way)

The looks to be a good foundation for a new Statz-Polizei headquarters. If it gets like my home town in the recession, the two main career options at 16+ were theivery and police work.

TFH

Sorry, I have had great nights out in Camden Town...

But overall, fvck London.

I concur.......as i have great nights out in Islington......every time i make my 5 yearly visit to London! :lol:

Edited by Michael