House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tin Foil Hat

Drunk Driver Manages To Damage The Wife's Parked Car

Tenuous link to house prices is it was a semi rural road near some 1940's semi's 'worth' 350-400k.

:lol:

As title.

Tenuous link to house prices is it was a semi rural road near some 1940's semi's 'worth' 350-400k.

TFH

Short answer? Yes if they have seperate policies, no if a joint policy. If insurance companies didn't have to pay out if their insured was pi**ed, then why would they weight them if you have a DD conviction?

Short answer? Yes if they have seperate policies, no if a joint policy. If insurance companies didn't have to pay out if their insured was pi**ed, then why would they weight them if you have a DD conviction?

I had a similar situation nearly 30 years ago.Wife came home from work and drove into my car parked in the drive.Luckily I had just sold it to a garage down the road so I claimed saying it was his car she had hit.Which strictly speaking as I had his cheque,it was.

My car was hit badly by a drunk driver a few years ago. He drove along my street, bounced off virtually every car in the road and came to rest in mine! He was arrested at the scene and his insurance paid out in full (handsomly in fact, they assumed all the little dents and dings were down to him!) so there's probably nothing to worry about.

As title.

TFH

Sorry, just realised that it's your wife, not the drivers! Shouldn't be a problem claiming from his insurance, and there's a fund available if he is un-insured. Google it for details.

My apologies chaps - after a bit more of a shufty it appears that the third party aspect (ie: the cars which were damaged) will hold and it's the "comprehensive" first party damage (his car) which may be withheld if one is found to be pished at the wheel.

Out of interest, how should I have titled the thread? I am a little bit dyslexic and would like to know how to make it less ambiguous.

Cheers,

TFH