House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laura

The Brown Creature To Give Voters More Power

Gordon Brown will next week offer voters more power over public services, including the police, as he sets out his programme for the last months before the general election.

The Government's draft legislative programme, to be unveiled on Monday, is expected to include plans to give patients, parents and residents more personalised services, along with greater powers of redress if public bodies fall short.

In a bullish interview with The Times, Mr Brown indicated that he hopes a swift economic recovery, coupled with the promise to put power in the hands of the voter, will restore Labour's fortunes in time for the election expected next spring.

The proposals, set out in a document entitled Building Britain's Future, will foreshadow legislation in the Queen's Speech this autumn and can be expected to influence Labour's manifesto for the election.

Downing Street confirmed that the draft programme will be published on June 29, but declined to comment on its contents.

But it is expected to include a new requirement for police to work more closely with residents, who will have more say over the siting of CCTV cameras in their area and the ability to phone police for advice on crime hotspots.

Residents' complaints about types of crime prevalent in their neighbourhood could be taken into account by magistrates when passing sentences and residents could also be given a say over where offenders such as vandals should serve their "community payback" sentences.

Mr Brown said: "We are prepared to take on any vested interest that stands in the way of better services. Services exist not for the public servants but for the people who are there to be served. For the patient, parent, resident and citizen our first focus will be how they can be better served."

Mr Brown dismissed speculation that he might leave office before the election, sparked by a recent interview in which he suggested he could "walk away" from the trappings of power at any time.

"I have got a job to do," he told The Times. "One that every day I address with new enthusiasm."

LINK

Mr Brown said: "We are prepared to take on any vested interest that stands in the way of better services. Services exist not for the public servants but for the people who are there to be served. For the patient, parent, resident and citizen our first focus will be how they can be better served."

printy printy

"I have got a job to do," he told The Times. "One that every day I address with new enthusiasm."

and that job is to bankrupt britain - he's doing well

Gordon Brown will next week offer voters more power over public services, including the police, as he sets out his programme for the last months before the general election.

The Government's draft legislative programme, to be unveiled on Monday, is expected to include plans to give patients, parents and residents more personalised services, along with greater powers of redress if public bodies fall short.

In a bullish interview with The Times, Mr Brown indicated that he hopes a swift economic recovery, coupled with the promise to put power in the hands of the voter, will restore Labour's fortunes in time for the election expected next spring.

The proposals, set out in a document entitled Building Britain's Future, will foreshadow legislation in the Queen's Speech this autumn and can be expected to influence Labour's manifesto for the election.

Downing Street confirmed that the draft programme will be published on June 29, but declined to comment on its contents.

But it is expected to include a new requirement for police to work more closely with residents, who will have more say over the siting of CCTV cameras in their area and the ability to phone police for advice on crime hotspots.

Residents' complaints about types of crime prevalent in their neighbourhood could be taken into account by magistrates when passing sentences and residents could also be given a say over where offenders such as vandals should serve their "community payback" sentences.

Mr Brown dismissed speculation that he might leave office before the election, sparked by a recent interview in which he suggested he could "walk away" from the trappings of power at any time.

LINK

The people already have the power and that is what will finally oust the Brown Hatter abd his cronies , ready for the next shower of sh1te to take over

Damn, I forgot to highlight the comic irony of

The proposals, set out in a document entitled Building Britain's Future

He's such a wag

I just threw up in my mouth.

There is real lack of, er, anything, and why oh why is he still hammering home the message that he is getting on with the job?

All of the things he proposes we can do right now, so what is the development?

Yet he is still not addressing the real issues facing the UK.

printy printy

and that job is to bankrupt britain - he's doing well

A job that no one elected him to do. Democracy is not something he belieces in for himself but it shoudl be imposed on others!!!

This is 'off-topic'??!

Oh I see, I gave it the wrong title.

Bonkers moderation again.

Mods, how about reading the text before you make your unilateral decisions?

Guest Parry
This is 'off-topic'??!

Oh I see, I gave it the wrong title.

Bonkers moderation again.

Mods, how about reading the text before you make your unilateral decisions?

Laura,

Didn't you know the off-topic forum is this seasons new black?