House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the anti krust

Tw@t In Subway

I thought I'd grab a quick snack in Subway to see how crap the veggie option was for £2.

I walked in and the bloke says we're closed mate.

I replied you could have put a sign up mate.

He said the open sign has been switched off !

What a ****. :lol:

I thought I'd grab a quick snack in Subway to see how crap the veggie option was for £2.

Were you carrying the machine gun at the time?

:o

You are maybe right, and I feel for you.

Though your instinct re the sandwich was pretty correct.

A guy works in a bar that stops serving at 11pm.

But there is no sign that this is the case and the doors don't close strictly at 11pm cos people got to walk out yet,

so anybody walking in would probably assume they could get a drink.

The walker-in asks and are told no, sorry, by the innocent/honest employee.

How does the wannabe customer feel?

Disappointed, rejected, hurt, thirsty, frustrated, all-kunt-seeing?

All of the above?

Whose fault is it?

A The wannabe drinker

B The guy behind the bar

C The fecking useless manager who doesn't have to deal with this everyday unhappy moment

and could avoid it with a bit more customer information or intelligence re letting people in

when the place is effectively closed

I went into my local newsagents for a mars bar today, but they had sold out , all the bloke behind the counter could say was 'We've got some double deckers there if you like them . . . ', Mr Singh and Cadbury's have ******ing ruined my life, what a bunch of ****

I feel your pain , lets all share our banal and mildly frustrating experiences online. The revolution starts now . . . . :ph34r:

I went into my local newsagents for a mars bar today, but they had sold out , all the bloke behind the counter could say was 'We've got some double deckers there if you like them . . . ', Mr Singh and Cadbury's have ******ing ruined my life, what a bunch of ****

I feel your pain , lets all share our banal and mildly frustrating experiences online. The revolution starts now . . . . :ph34r:

Went to buy a hedge trimmer in the Homebase sale yesterday after seeing the sale price on their website. Drove to the shop, picked up the hedge trimmer and it was not listed at the sale price.

I asked the staff and was told the sales cr*p about web prices being cheaper than shop prices. I pointed out that they must be the only company left trying to pull that one. I was there with money wanting to give it to them but they were not interested.

I left and walked 500 yards to Argos, who now own Homebase, and saw the trimmer for almost £2 less than the Homebase web sale price. However, I have now borrowed a neighbour's trimmer.

Turns out the sale price on the web is the sale price in the shops but, for whatever reason, my local Homebase had not re-priced the hedge trimmers.

Is that banal enough?

I can post about nasal hair clipping if you wish?

Is that banal enough?

No. It started off tediously enough, but I got slightly excited when you revealed that Argos did it cheaper. For a brief second, I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

2 tales

Somerfield stores - Youngs fish steaks in sauce half price, Youngs cod steaks in sauce full price, packaging identical but for the words cod and fish, an accident just waiting to happen and it did at the checkout - 20 minutes delay while an investigation was launched but result in the end, disaster averted, fish steaks purchased half price

Charity shop - door ajar 1 foot (for breeze/ventilation?) but black donations bag blocking the way, member of staff inside looked over her shoulder with forced smile and said cruelly "we're closed", this was despite being half hour past the scheduled opening time of 10am, wicked wicked woman

Guest Skinty

((((Hugs))))

Guest X-QUORK

I could hardly eat the Chinese takeaway we ordered on Monday, it was so salty. It's mildly annoying because it's the only one within easy distance, so I guess we'll have to use the Chippy instead when we feel the need for bad food.

BTW, this thread has the best title I've seen for ages.

i queued up 5 mins at a co op convenience store for one medium banana,

i returned it to the shelf when the cashier looked at me funny and said it was 28 pence.

i woz disgusted

Subway do seem to employ the mentally challenged;

Me: "I'll have a subway melt please"

Mong: "Would you like cheese on that?

Me: "Of course, this is the 'melt' part, no?"

Mong: "Toasted?

Me: "I would imagine heat could help too"

Guest X-QUORK
Subway do seem to employ the mentally challenged;

Me: "I'll have a subway melt please"

Mong: "Would you like cheese on that?

Me: "Of course, this is the 'melt' part, no?"

Mong: "Toasted?

Me: "I would imagine heat could help too"

Lol...Dime Bar?

Guest Parry

I hope someday, you recover from this.

to be honest - why should normal people in normal jobs be bothered - they have no futures in this dire economy of ours, no reward for effort, and no way of being sacked.

Yesterday, after the gym I popped into Budgens and bought a wholemeal french stick and shoved it into my sports bag. As I crossed the road another bloke said "I think you`ve dropped something mate"

Turned round and the stick had slipped out of the paper wrapper and was in the middle of Teddington high street.

As I went to get it, some ******* in a van purposely steered into it and turned it into a fecking nan bread.

:angry: :lol:

Guest X-QUORK
As I went to get it, some ******* in a van purposely steered into it and turned it into a fecking nan bread.

I'm feeling angry for you Bosh. Never mess with a man's baguette.

I got refused a McD's double sausage and egg last week because it was 5 minutes after their cut off for serving breakfast. I had been fantasizing about that frickin brekkie.

Fortunately I'd left my AK47 at home that day.

image021.jpg

Edit: wanted to say I'd "been fantasizing about that muffin" but that's another post...

My wife and I went to Corfu last year on holiday. One evening we were dining out and I specifically asked for a bottle for a bottle of red wine but they brought out a bottle of white.

We had a lovely holiday and will probably go back again.

Is that uneventful enough?

One evening we were dining out and I specifically asked for a bottle for a bottle of red wine but they brought out a bottle of white.

It don`t matter if it`s Red or White...............

In my local tescos today and they have 7 tills but only two were opened. There was only three of us in the store but it did make me wonder.

I went out to "Fat Sandwich" to get some food at lunchtime, I had decided to go for the pasta box that comes with a side salad for £2.40 but they had run out of pasta.

Had to go for a jacket potatoe with Chilli instead.

Odd because earlier in the week I wanted the potatoe and they had ran out so I had to have the pasta instead on that day.

I'll get me coat.....

Once, when I was on holiday, I asked how long it would take to get to the beach (note: the brochure had said '5 minutes').

The receptionist said "6 minutes" though!

And when I actually walked, it turned out to be 6 minutes and 21 seconds!!

(Though, to be fair, I had a limp from an old war-wound..).