House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest redwine

Satellite Receiver

Guest redwine

They have put a satellite dish on the roof of our little block of flats so that everybody can have satellite Tv

We had workers coming in new plugs etc

Now all i have to do is to buy a satellite receiver and i can watch 2000 free tv stations i know that the "dish" is fixed so i can not turn it

I already have a 114 useless tv channels that i pay for every month telephone +internet+ tv

What is satellite tv worth ?

Is it true that all these channels are free ?

Is it worth buying a satellite receiver just to end up watching TV Brazil and you don't understand anything that they are talking about

Any experts out there ?

They have put a satellite dish on the roof of our little block of flats so that everybody can have satellite Tv

Now all i have to do is to buy a satellite receiver and i can watch 2000 free tv stations i know that the "dish" is fixed so i can not turn it

I already have a 114 useless tv channels that i pay for every month telephone +internet+ tv

Is it worth buying a satellite receiver just to end up watching TV Brazil and you don't understand anything that they are talking about

Any experts out there ?

Homebase are doing a receiver & dish for £50 at some branches, Aldi £65, Lidl was £40 a few weeks ago. Receiver alone, I'd recommend one that records onto its hard drive.

Depends which satellite its pointing at but usually its one of Astra's cluster of transponders, you need to ask them which sat it's lined up with,

then go check the channel listings at one of these sites

http://en.kingofsat.net/

http://www.lyngsat.com/

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/satellite.html

Guest redwine
Homebase are doing a receiver & dish for £50 at some branches, Aldi £65, Lidl was £40 a few weeks ago. Receiver alone, I'd recommend one that records onto its hard drive.

Depends which satellite its pointing at but usually its one of Astra's cluster of transponders, you need to ask them which sat it's lined up with,

then go check the channel listings at one of these sites

http://en.kingofsat.net/

http://www.lyngsat.com/

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/satellite.html

thanks for replying i am on "hotbird " i have just checked out your links "kingofsat.net" for 40 quid at Lidl it is not a big risk or waste of money

thanks for replying i am on "hotbird " i have just checked out your links "kingofsat.net" for 40 quid at Lidl it is not a big risk or waste of money

not all branches have any left, you need to ask a manager or clued up underling if they have any left in stockrooms etc, otherwise try maplin for one after checking the spec from your block management, i recommend one that records

Isnt it 200, not 2000?

I got sky freesat installed as I couldnt get freeview on my existing arial. For £75 I got the whole thing installed and 4 pakages for 4 months for free. Not movies or sport though... But £75 is less than it would have cost to get a high-gain antenna anyway.

Bit of a no-brainer.

Isnt it 200, not 2000?

I got sky freesat installed as I couldnt get freeview on my existing arial. For £75 I got the whole thing installed and 4 pakages for 4 months for free. Not movies or sport though... But £75 is less than it would have cost to get a high-gain antenna anyway.

Bit of a no-brainer.

if you have a motorised sat then 2000 at least, otherwise averages about 300 per sate yes (plus the subscription channels makes maybe 500)

If you've got 2000 or just 200 channels of sh*te to sift through, you'll have less time to spend on here. You wouldn't want that would you?

If you've got 2000 or just 200 channels of sh*te to sift through, you'll have less time to spend on here. You wouldn't want that would you?

Ah, but with that many channels the chances must be almost 100% that you'll be able to watch Kirsty and Phil any minute of the day that you choose.

This site gives you all the information for which channels you can receive on which satellite and whether they are fee or not. For non-HD channels I have found cheap receivers to be fine although I could never get ITV on my Aldi receiver (it obviously had good taste)

Guest redwine
This site gives you all the information for which channels you can receive on which satellite and whether they are fee or not. For non-HD channels I have found cheap receivers to be fine although I could never get ITV on my Aldi receiver (it obviously had good taste)

I have already checked out this site but what is "free" is what i already have with Tv + internet + telephone i just want to watch Dr Who and English football thats all

Any experts out there ?

No such thing as a free lunch. Probably 5 minutes of EXTRA LOUD adverts every 15 minutes.

No such thing as a free lunch. Probably 5 minutes of EXTRA LOUD adverts every 15 minutes.

Tell me about it, why the bl00dy hell they can't modulate the sound in this day and age baffles me. I spend half my viewing time putting the thing on mute.