House Price Crash Forum
HPCbeliever

Don't Want To Sell

What I can't understand is why sellers won't sell at this time. I like a house that has been on the market for probably 5-6 months at least. I have made several offers cumulating in an offer of 86% the current asking price (they put the asking price up considerably a few months ago). The house is new but in very poor state and is currently vacant. I do like the house and would like to buy it but can't really go any higher. I don't really care about future falls as I would want to live there for a long time and can afford it. Any views about how to play it? By the way it is not the house I was talking about the other day.

There is nothing you can do imo.

The house is effectively not on the market, I suggest you look at it this way and move on just like you would have done had it never been marketed.

It's only time that will deal with the unrealistic.

I don't really care about future falls as I would want to live there for a long time and can afford it.

Know thyself?

Wait.

But, well, if you must...

Get a couple of friends to separately express interest in the house and visit it. Have them make offers at say 75% and 80% of asking. They might come back to you after that (and if they do the EA will probably say they have an offer at 95% of asking!).

What I can't understand is why sellers won't sell at this time. I like a house that has been on the market for probably 5-6 months at least. I have made several offers cumulating in an offer of 86% the current asking price (they put the asking price up considerably a few months ago). The house is new but in very poor state and is currently vacant. I do like the house and would like to buy it but can't really go any higher. I don't really care about future falls as I would want to live there for a long time and can afford it. Any views about how to play it? By the way it is not the house I was talking about the other day.

Don't get emotionally attached to a house.

Don't get emotionally attached to a house.

have you walked away?

put the offer in

when they refuse

walk away and say you're bidding on another property now

the secret to negotiation is to walk away

Look for something not so nice and cheaper, you can't afford this one, and I doubt the seller will drop their price given that we have come up nearly 10K from Nationwides bottom in Feb.

cos most are just brainwashed dicks who would rather see Rome burn than their 'profits' go back to normality.

its teh normality they cannot accept, until it festers to destroy the economy and society.

then they will know about loss.

They won't sell because they want near asking and/or don't need to sell.

Time wasters or stupid.

Walk away.

Yes if you asked the estate agent is this seller desperate and they said no, you could have saved wasting the sellers time with putting in such a low offer.

My ex bought mid-2004 for 335K.

She put it up for sale a year ago for 400k.

Prices have now fallen back to 2004 levels.

She just got an offer fro 340k.

She turned it down as 'derisory', moaned at the EA and took it off the market.

Some people think that their property 'owes' them. :rolleyes:

My ex bought mid-2004 for 335K.

She put it up for sale a year ago for 400k.

Prices have now fallen back to 2004 levels.

She just got an offer fro 340k.

She turned it down as 'derisory', moaned at the EA and took it off the market.

Some people think that their property 'owes' them. :rolleyes:

shes going to be pretty pissed off when its market value falls to around 200k and the interest rate rockets up to 4-7%.

thats providing her jobs safe as rocks, or shes going to be even worse off.

they can take them off as much as they like, but they cannot hide from the truth that its simply not sustainable.

im guessing this 'ex' traded in a house bought pre boom and didnt start from scratch on the 340k job ?

shes been yanked.

;)

Edited by right_freds_dead

Guest pioneer31

Say 'good luck with your sale' and walk away.....and remind them that the sellers market is over.

I do not recall this level of denial in the 90's - people struggled on just to keep the roof over their heads or realised the game was up and dealt with the consequences.