House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest skullingtonjoe

The Worst Advert?

Guest skullingtonjoe

Look, I know this may seem a bit trivial (even for an off-topic topic), BUT:

there are two adverts that have ruined my life (of late):

1. The Virgin `Pendolino` trains advert. The one where some rather sad office bod is off to a presentation (complete with cheesy `80s-style music). God help me that does my head in: worn out business bullsh$t phrases such as `opportunalise` (is that a word?) and `motivation` are fed uplink via the train`s `onboard access points` to his office. Who would prepare a presentation on a train? If it`s not ready in advance then the chances are you`re going to botch it big time; if it was that important it wouldn`t be the sort of thing you`d knock up on a few Powerpoint slides (or would it?) :unsure:

Also: what happens if the access point goes down? Are you going to call a ticket inspector over and say `Oh, I think your router may be dropping packets.` I mean, what do you expect him to do? I guess the way the economy is going you might see a few MCSE/CCIEs checking your tickets, but they`d be few and far between. Also(2) what happens if some evil bugger is on the same train as you, using his or her laptop to launch an onboard DoS packet-flood attack on the train`s router?

2. The Lynx advert. God this is a close contender. Some `gringo` (excuse the political incorrectness) is dancing aorund with under-endowed maracas in Latin America. Given his lack of facilities (I think highlighted by the mullet-hair-cut-bloke), said gringo goes off to the shower, where - thanks to a liberal blast of Lynx - his maracas grow to truly outsize proportions! (Sigh) . This advert is so damn cheesy!

So, which is the worst? The idiot on the train or the idiot in Latin America?

Moreover, which advert does your head in?

Looking forward to some lively debate on this one!

Guest X-QUORK

Haven't seen the Lynx ad as I fall well outside their target audience (13-21yrs). I quite like the Virgin train one, it's a bit of a laugh at the expense of tw@ts who use business jargon. I like their other one with the fit lady going to meet her fella darn sarth, she looks ready for a bit of howsyourfather.

Guest skullingtonjoe
Haven't seen the Lynx ad as I fall well outside their target audience (13-21yrs). I quite like the Virgin train one, it's a bit of a laugh at the expense of tw@ts who use business jargon. I like their other one with the fit lady going to meet her fella darn sarth, she looks ready for a bit of howsyourfather.

I put the link up for the shit-odoured substance (I believe the target audience may be applicable right up to the 25-year-olds?). Anyway, you are not missing much as it`s pretty much like the other ads: use this and you`re guaranteed a shag! :rolleyes:

The thing with the train advert is I wish there was a bit added at the end where Ed`s mobile phone rings, asking him why he`s not in the office; when he replies that he`s on the way to the meeting he`s informed that it was yesterday and that he has fu<ked up royally!! ;)

Haven't seen the Virgin ad and try to avoid anything Virgin as cant stand that g!t who owns them.

The Lynx ad is charmless, the shadow slightly clever, the ad shows around the world in different countries so its hard to escape, it was probably filmed dirt cheap in hungary

Now when you said the Lynx advert I automatically assumed you meant the Lynx Bullet advert: the young version of Mr Muscle goes past a female he likes the look of in the supermarket, he sprays on some lynx from a mini bottle and then! As if by magic his clothes disappear, leaving him in all his wimpy glory in a pair of Zebra print pants. Oh yes, those pants are going to seal the deal with the lady... :blink:

I can deal with the train ad (it's not on very often in programmes I see/this area) but Lynx ads are just dull.

use this and you`re guaranteed a shag! :rolleyes:

Pahhh. After being let down and lied to by Hai Karate! adverts (Valerie Leon, will you ever be mine?) I pour scorn on this modern day equivalent.

try to avoid anything Virgin

You'd like South Yorkshire women then. ;)

Guest skullingtonjoe
Now when you said the Lynx advert I automatically assumed you meant the Lynx Bullet advert: the young version of Mr Muscle goes past a female he likes the look of in the supermarket, he sprays on some lynx from a mini bottle and then! As if by magic his clothes disappear, leaving him in all his wimpy glory in a pair of Zebra print pants. Oh yes, those pants are going to seal the deal with the lady... :blink:

Oh, that one... :rolleyes:

Apparently the `Bullet` endows the guys with `pocket pulling power`. I mean wtf do they think? Are people really going to fall for that? (hmmm....maybe a silly question!)

Maybe if you could get Lynx `Fever` crossed with Lynx `Bullet` then you just spray it on your knob for extra inches?

Guest skullingtonjoe
I try to watch as few adverts as possible, mostly by watching programs without them. I wish they did sky news without adverts though.

Unfortunately that`s the channel those ads were on :(

Guest skullingtonjoe
Pahhh. After being let down and lied to by Hai Karate! adverts (Valerie Leon, will you ever be mine?) I pour scorn on this modern day equivalent.

You'd like South Yorkshire women then. ;)

Blimey gramps! ;) I just watched the ad on YouTube for Hai! Karate! aftershave. Basically sad geek becomes a `babe magnet` after splashing some on! Lynx products are just a rehash of the same old `smell better` formula.

Valerie Leon looked kinda hot baptastic the jugs were truly magnificent ;) - I think the only trouble is that (if you wanted a b.j.), splashing it all over your nether regions could be somewhat painful! :blink:<_<:unsure::(:rolleyes:

Guest skullingtonjoe
You'll have seen this 'Bart', but here it is anyway:

Oh fe<k me - a bj by (the then gorgeous) Valerie Leon :P;)

Blimey gramps! ;) I just watched the ad on YouTube for Hai! Karate! aftershave. Basically sad geek becomes a `babe magnet` after splashing some on! Lynx products are just a rehash of the same old `smell better` formula.

It's practically the same formula, just slightly less cheesy. The last time I had any Hai Karate! BTW was Xmas 1980 (a present from my auntie I must stress). Incurable optimist that I am, I now use..... Lynx.

You'll have seen this 'Bart', but here it is anyway:

That one is a bit of a rarity to me. The one thas usually gets shown is this one

The advert starts at 8:15 in.

Ah Valerie, you were a little bit frightening. But I'll bet you had expert timing. And if you started started swinging with the hand, well I'd probably be as fast as lightning.

All Adverts are POISON!!,

"Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!, Giveusyermoney!"

Don't watch them in our House...sound goes off...then again that goes for anything on TV aswell!

mspL4

Look, I know this may seem a bit trivial (even for an off-topic topic), BUT:

there are two adverts that have ruined my life (of late):

1. The Virgin `Pendolino` trains advert. The one where some rather sad office bod is off to a presentation (complete with cheesy `80s-style music). God help me that does my head in: worn out business bullsh$t phrases such as `opportunalise` (is that a word?) and `motivation` are fed uplink via the train`s `onboard access points` to his office. Who would prepare a presentation on a train? If it`s not ready in advance then the chances are you`re going to botch it big time; if it was that important it wouldn`t be the sort of thing you`d knock up on a few Powerpoint slides (or would it?) :unsure:

Its retro innit. Unfortunately they forgot the humour part.

The virgin one pi$$e$ me off a lot only because virgin trains is so heavily subsidised and everyone has a go at the subsidised banks for doing the same thing (not that it makes any difference)