House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Timm

Is There Anything I Can Do?

I object to the current Government and it's policies.

I object to the number of unelected ministers.

I object to the printing of money to bail out failed banks.

I object to the level of state borrowing.

I object to the idea that unaffordable shelter is a good thing.

I object to the unsustainable waste of natural resources.

But what can I do, save moan and grumble online?

Guest sillybear2

You can get yourself blacklisted at GCHQ

... oh, you just did!

Edited by sillybear2

you can assassinate an MP

you can blow up Gordon Brown

You can start a one man riot

you can go on a knife weilding rampage

you can commit suicide

you can smash your head into a hard object until you feel better

you can start a petition

you can imagine its not true

you can pray its not true

you can go into denial

you can drive a car bomb into the dohnut

you can declare your home seperate from the United Kingdom and draw up your own constution

Theres lots you can do, your just not trying.

if more took action and murdered their MP's there would be fewer MP's

MP's are evil

you can assassinate an MP

you can blow up Gordon Brown

You can start a one man riot

you can go on a knife weilding rampage

you can commit suicide

you can smash your head into a hard object until you feel better

you can start a petition

you can imagine its not true

you can pray its not true

you can go into denial

you can drive a car bomb into the dohnut

you can declare your home seperate from the United Kingdom and draw up your own constution

Theres lots you can do, your just not trying.

if more took action and murdered their MP's there would be fewer MP's

MP's are evil

You better hope MI5 aren't reading this thread :D

You better hope MI5 aren't reading this thread :D

i hope they are.

they need customer feed back.

must be great doing a job where you know everyone hates you.

evil servants of an evil govt

You could buy a copy of "The Republic" (Plato) - read it and then realise that this is the way of the World and therefore the natural order of things. Afterwards, why not cheer yourself up by exploring what the American comic George Carlin had to say on such matters. Here's a "starter for ten" to get you going:

Good luck with your research - try to keep thinking happy thoughts.

;)

Son of Limahl

As interestrateripoff has stated, your remedy to all of this is through the courts. If we have an exclusive right to our own labour, then income tax is a crime and should not be tolerated, equally it should not be possible for people to retain possession of natural resources which they have acquired through aggression.

Become an Anarcho-Syndicalist?

Hubert Lagardelle wrote that Pierre-Joseph Proudhon laid out the fundamental theories of anarcho-syndicalism, through his repudiation of both capitalism and the state, his flouting of political government, his idea of free, autonomous economic groups, and his view of struggle, not pacifism, as the core of humanity.

Edited by gruffydd

You could stop whinging and get on with your life. :rolleyes:

How is that whinging?????? So we should all just sit back and accept the status quo should we? Utter tripe.

Edited by gruffydd

emigrate?

but if enough people feel the same then current government gets voted out next year, but no guarentee new lot will be any better!

Why?

What is the principled objection here (forget about whether you like the actual person.)

What does it matter if the person making the decision is elected or not, if he is making decision on behalf of a person/party who is (elected)?

People don't vote for their MP based upon the decisons that he personally made as a minister (though they may vote against that party because of those decisions).

tim

Why?

What is the principled objection here (forget about whether you like the actual person.)

What does it matter if the person making the decision is elected or not, if he is making decision on behalf of a person/party who is (elected)?

People don't vote for their MP based upon the decisons that he personally made as a minister (though they may vote against that party because of those decisions).

tim

Because you can't get rid of them.

Why not take a deep cleansing breath, have a nice sit down and a cup of tea. Then run a bath and have a glass of wine to relax. Then go and blow something up.

I got verbally abused by 3 people on the way into work just because I ride a bike (and I'm one of the few who abide by all the rules of the road). 1 of the abusers nearly killed me because he was on a roundabout, not indicating and on his mobile phone (hence unable to indicate or drive without swerving). His response when I pointed at his indicator and mobile? He shouted 'f*cking c8nt' at the top of his voice and went on his way.

The lesson is: don't expect the majority of the 'people' to see any of the injustice you outline in your post so the only option is to move somewhere remote and stay well out of this anger infested, blamless society and hope that one day they all kill each other and leave the planet to you and your kind.

I got verbally abused by 3 people on the way into work just because I ride a bike (and I'm one of the few who abide by all the rules of the road). 1 of the abusers nearly killed me because he was on a roundabout, not indicating and on his mobile phone (hence unable to indicate or drive without swerving). His response when I pointed at his indicator and mobile? He shouted 'f*cking c8nt' at the top of his voice and went on his way.

The lesson is: don't expect the majority of the 'people' to see any of the injustice you outline in your post so the only option is to move somewhere remote and stay well out of this anger infested, blamless society and hope that one day they all kill each other and leave the planet to you and your kind.

For this type of thing, and the reasons stated by the OP, emigration is the way to go (if you are able to find something suitable elsewhere). I am currently planning my escape.

People often say "the grass is always greener" when I discuss this with them... but I simply refuse to believe that it is worse elsewhere in Europe. Time will tell I guess.

Because you can't get rid of them.

But, individually, you can't get rid of an elected minister either, if they are not your MP.

tim

lol, very true.

i think the thing to do is hang back and record the evidence. Proove that they are as i would say, evil. And then act on it. For example, its petty hard to remember all this crap when a politicain knocks on your door canvassing, and you do tend to forget.

For example, if you were in a good mood and you bumped into the guy that abused you at the roundabout and you had him at a social disadvantage, then you might be inclined to forgive him. Its hard to remember. Thats why you need to record it and then action it, regardlesss of how you feel. So in this example you might simply say, so you think im a **** do you? and watch his embarressemnt as everyone realises what is happening.

Following that, I really want to get a plaque on my door that says NO GOVT EMPLOYYEES INC POLITICIANS WELCOME, So that it is clear. That way if they call at 7am in the morning and all i can think to do is smile, i already have my position made clear.

I read an article about an ape that was collecting rocks because it knew that in the future it would be enraged and would want to throw them. Apparently thats advanced thiking, preparing for an advanced state of mind. it might sound simple but its very important because otherwise evil people can manipulate your anger. I was always getting pushed about by managers and the thing is they are ready for you to get angry and loose it, so doing that is not the best thing to do. Instead you need to hit them when they are calm and are trying to appease you or get you to do something, so being able to drag up an incident, clearly and with proof such as the incident at the roundabout is critical.

the internet is great for that. use a web cam and post that sort of stuff on You Tube.

the internet is great for that. use a web cam and post that sort of stuff on You Tube.

Good post and good idea - I might buy one of those webcams and record everything that ever happens, not just on the bike!

Eloping is the other option!

bypass the banks

if enough people do it they will have to change the system

convincing others to do it is the hard part

Has to be emigrate. To a cheap country where life will also be guaranteed to be cheap.

As a bonus choose one where you will never be able to master the language & then you wont care about the politics unless they ever affect you directly

Low population density is a wise move also.

My man loathed the NuLabour criminals so much he would have been gaoled for incitement had we stayed in the UK

bypass the banks

if enough people do it they will have to change the system

convincing others to do it is the hard part

If people don't take their money out before the bond market collapses, they will get nothing, this should be persuasion enough. That Government borrowing causes inflation tells you the debt cannot be paid back, without printing, which will not happen so there will be a default.

What can you do to change things? Probably not an awful lot. Even if you owned the Telegraph and went on a complete media rampage, I'm not sure how much would change (note expenses).

One option though would be to switch off from all forms of media reporting. No more HPC (ouch, that's gonna hurt), no tv, radio & papers. Could you be blissfully ignorant?

Move somewhere quiet where the day to day drudgery of a failing society is less obvious.

Do something altruistic like volunteer for some charity.

Join a political party and become more vocal locally.

Rid yourself of debt and reliance on Big Oil.

Spend your £'s carefully only with companies you agree with (note my sig)

Or all of the above.

Become Ray Mears.

Kill everyone and everything.

Salt cure them.

Then eat them.