House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Some Things Defy Explanation

There's this guy I know (not well - just someone in my village). He's put his house on the market with Savills - £950k, he bought it in summer '04 for £630k. I wish I knew which:

• tw@t came up with the valuation - him or the EA;
  • which kn0b thinks the last couple of year's price falls don't apply;
  • which fecking idiot will view it at that price!

GRRRRRAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Its sooooo obvious its not worth that much (4 bed detached - you can buy a 7 bed detached for £750k for christ's sake).

Is it greed, stupidity, greed or greed, or maybe the agent and the seller are just greedy and stupid? Tossers.

On a second point, I know someone who is selling up (for way over what its worth) and moving down to Cornwall - how nice. Oh, and they're moving down from London to some town which has been spoiled by all the other vacuous weekending wasters from London and they are gazumping to buy the place.

Anyhoo, rant over. I wish them all the best of luck :angry:

There's this guy I know (not well - just someone in my village). He's put his house on the market with Savills - £950k, he bought it in summer '04 for £630k. I wish I knew which:

Its sooooo obvious its not worth that much (4 bed detached - you can buy a 7 bed detached for £750k for christ's sake).

Is it greed, stupidity, greed or greed, or maybe the agent and the seller are just greedy and stupid? Tossers.

On a second point, I know someone who is selling up (for way over what its worth) and moving down to Cornwall - how nice. Oh, and they're moving down from London to some town which has been spoiled by all the other vacuous weekending wasters from London and they are gazumping to buy the place.

Where are you? I'd say such a house is worth £600k now.

Deep breaths...pant, pant, pant.... :P

Madness, I have posted on a different thread, similar here in NW London. Well you'll get the last laiugh as they will not sell it. They are the mad ones if they priced right they'd catch the last of the spring bounce, instead they'll be stuck with it into the autumn and next leg down!

Where are you? I'd say such a house is worth £600k now.

Surrey-Hants border. Nice village, quite posh, some cliquey-idiots but generally populated by reasonable human beings.

But how can they think its worth that much????? :blink: gibber gibber

don't worry ezekiel, you will have your day, Mark my Words. :)

I kind of wonder if these people just get the EAs over to product a brochure of theyre home to put on the coffee table, complete with overinflated price.

I mean, sometimes theres a 40+% difference in identical houses. I dont care how delusional, stupid, greedy or humourless you are, you are doing it for some reason other than to secure a sale.

There's a n0bhead near me who has a detached 5 bedder (technically detached but you couldn't get a gnat's c0ck in between them and next door), and the 5 beds are due to loft conversion. They want 750k on a road of 250-450k houses. Just cos they've blinged it up they seem to want 100% on top.

And guess what bears and bulls:

No sale and they also can't seem to rent it out for over 6 months now.

Some people don't learn and they will rot in their own faeces.

TFH

Surrey-Hants border. Nice village, quite posh, some cliquey-idiots but generally populated by reasonable human beings.

But how can they think its worth that much????? :blink: gibber gibber

Ash perchance? Other than that, find a paper bag to breathe into-it will help, honest :)