House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Now Growing Again

HOLA441

House Prices Now Growing Again

That is right - the Assetz House Price Watch (HPW) analysis of all the major house price indices now shows a 10% annualised positive growth in May !

We are still awaiting the FT HPI data in a few days but in the HPW, May data is assumed to be the same as the previous month until data is released so the May FT HPI monthly data is assumed at a 1.1% fall and will be updated in due course. As we predicted earlier in the week in this blog, the Halifax House Price index came out with a big jump in prices - fully expected as it was lagging the rest of the indices and historically has been very close to Nationwide data.

The following chart is the average of all the indices monthly data, shown as an annualised figure (Halifax, CLG, FT, Nationwide, Rightmove). Growth is shown at 10% pa based on May data, up from a peak fall rate of around -22% late last year. What a turnaround !

My personal favorite chartz....

HPW%20May%202009.gif

I'm sorry everybody, my forecast of 5% falls for this year, whilst the highest of all forecasts, is I am afraid far too pessimistic and we are looking increasingly likely to have positive growth for 2009. If you've been sitting on your hands thinking you had longer before the bottom of the market, you haven't. This wasn't a house price crash, just a mild correction in the face of huge demand and according to Nationwide house price index analysis, house prices are now back to long-term average

Stuff like this will send Sibley, Rinoa, McSpamish and the rest into a fit!

What a load of codswallopz!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
How can a 20% drop in value in such a short period of time be called mild? Is it a spoof?

LOL.

17% average..... So a lot more if you're in the market for a newbuild inner city BTL shoebox..... But a lot less if you're in the market for a quality house in a nice area.

Some areas have been hammered, but other areas have been barely touched.

Overall though, it could have been a lot worse.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

well, now I am confused :lol:

unemployment is heading in one direction (many companies are planning huge redundancies August)

1 trillion national debt (Labour bankrupted the country)

most high streets look like Chernobyl, and Children and OAP's are the most impoverished in Europe

Just, who the F U C K would want to buy a house in Britain?

HOLA449
LOL.

17% average..... So a lot more if you're in the market for a newbuild inner city BTL shoebox..... But a lot less if you're in the market for a quality house in a nice area.

Some areas have been hammered, but other areas have been barely touched.

Overall though, it could have been a lot worse.

worse for whom? Anyway there is a long way to go to the bottom as the economy bombs out.

HOLA4410

If you intend to buy at the bottom of the market then act now - more and more headlines and news stories over the next 30 days will wake up sellers to the strength of the market.

You heard it here first.

ACT NOW. IF YOU DONT BUY NOW YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO. WE COULD BE THE LAST GENERATION TO HAVE THE OPPURTUNITY TO LIVE IN HOMES.

HOLA4411
well, now I am confused :lol:

unemployment is heading in one direction (many companies are planning huge redundancies August)

1 trillion national debt (Labour bankrupted the country)

most high streets look like Chernobyl, and Children and OAP's are the most impoverished in Europe

Just, who the F U C K would want to buy a house in Britain?

Dont question. Just spend.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
If you intend to buy at the bottom of the market then act now - more and more headlines and news stories over the next 30 days will wake up sellers to the strength of the market.

You heard it here first.

ACT NOW. IF YOU DONT BUY NOW YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO. WE COULD BE THE LAST GENERATION TO HAVE THE OPPURTUNITY TO LIVE IN HOMES.

Bold font and caps makes things more true.

HOLA4415
HAHAHA House price growth my ar*e!

Their graph does not show hopuse prices growing, it shows they are falling, at a lower rate than before.

And they call that house price growth... hilarious, and desperate.

In annualised terms, yes.

But house prices are currently growing. Average house Feb 09, 147K. Average house May 09, 154K. Spin that any way you want, it still costs more to buy today than it did 3 months ago..... ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

i am getting impatient, going to look at a house at the weekend. should see the jackass family right for ....well ever really. who gives a fu*k what the value does i will own 75% of it then when i die my kids can have it.

i suppose i could wait another two years, but then that is two years of my life i would have lost sat in front of hpc.

is this the right thing to do?

Edited by jackassjoiner

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
In what way is your home any less a home because it is rented?

Very true. But it's only your home until the landlord tells you different.

Not everyone's cup of tea Harry.

Don't worry Roy, we'll have the Halifax and Nationwide figures to discuss all Winter! ;)

Is that when the falls are going to restart?

Just like old times then. :)

HOLA4425