House Price Crash Forum

£1m A Family Immigration Scheme.

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8115630.stm

Great to see that as a time of financial difficulty the government is keeping a lid on waste.

Other faults highlighted in the report were a lack of clear objectives from the start and flaws in the design of the project.

Author of the report, Lisa Nandy, said: "The project was mismanaged from start to finish.

But of course, in the World of Labour that just isn't so;

Roy Millard, deputy chief executive of Migrant Helpline, maintains the scheme was not a failure and said valuable lessons were learned.

"There was a huge amount of learning that came out of that pilot and we hope that learning will be put to good use," he said.

"There are complex cases, referred to in the project which we have learnt an awful lot from."

And in case you thought maybe this ould be a one-off, not a bit of it;

He said a new pilot project in Glasgow was under way offering select families temporary housing and a package of support, "building on what we learnt from our experiences in Kent".

Yep, we'll turn the public finances around under Labour all right.

HOLA442
Guest Parry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8115630.stm

Great to see that as a time of financial difficulty the government is keeping a lid on waste.

But of course, in the World of Labour that just isn't so;

And in case you thought maybe this ould be a one-off, not a bit of it;

Yep, we'll turn the public finances around under Labour all right.

Now you lot know I'm no racist.

However, the term 'banana boats' comes to mind.

Oh no, not the immigrants.

These bl00dy quangos and government dullards!

HOLA443
HOLA444
Post title is incorrect

It was £1M for 13 families. Making it a mere 80 grand or so per family.

Still, I'm sure its money well spent.

No, the title is right - only one family left - although the reason for only 1/13 going will be separate from the scheme I guess.

HOLA445

Surely this scheme was doomed from the start. Why would any family fleeing persecution in their home country, having travelled through several safe countries to get to the UK, go back to the country from where they were fleeing? <_<

HOLA446
Surely this scheme was doomed from the start. Why would any family fleeing persecution in their home country, having travelled through several safe countries to get to the UK, go back to the country from where they were fleeing? <_<

Perhaps if we just offered them £1m per family this scheme would have been a bigger success?

HOLA447
Guest Steve Cook
Perhaps if we just offered them £1m per family this scheme would have been a bigger success?

:lol:

Are you kidding...we'd have had every poor bugger on the planet heading this way.

HOLA448

The economic migrants will stop now there are no jobs, and once the welfare system dries up that'll be the end of this "problem".

I wonder if we'll see mass emigration to new economic growth zones in 10 years or so from here, and whether we'll ne the ones being resented and shipped back?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Parry
The economic migrants will stop now there are no jobs, and once the welfare system dries up that'll be the end of this "problem".

I wonder if we'll see mass emigration to new economic growth zones in 10 years or so from here, and whether we'll ne the ones being resented and shipped back?

I think all nationalities resent each other. It's like the hatred between football clubs.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
The Children's Society report, which evaluated the project, said referral criteria were "unclear" which resulted in unsuitable families being sent to the centre by the UK Borders Agency.

Many were referred too late in the asylum process and had laid down roots, enrolled their children in schools and had established a routine of normal life, it said.

As a result, they were allowed to return to the community.

So...one is here illegally, but because you have set up a life we won't disturb you.

Ffs, this is ridiculous!

HOLA4416
Being an island generally means we're not first stop for anyone ...

You would think so but thats not the case

take a day trip to calis and you can see 1000's of them trying, day after day to get in and the french police do nothing if they damage lorrys or anything else and just wave them on wating for the day for them to vanish across the water.

our MP's want to force wages down and so do i ! MP's wages and sack half those working in local goverment that are noting but pen pushing parasited.

HOLA4417

The pessimist in me fears that the economic migrants will be the ones most willing to accept £2-an-hour-cash-in-hand, whilst the rest of us talk about respecting the law, and stay unemployed :(

HOLA4418
The pessimist in me fears that the economic migrants will be the ones most willing to accept £2-an-hour-cash-in-hand, whilst the rest of us talk about respecting the law, and stay unemployed :(

That's certainly possible, at which point all Hell will let loose.

We've already seen how the Northern Irish handle the situation, but then they've got some previous in desling with different enclaves.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
But are they really bothered that their aims have not been achieved, how does it cost them?? They will still get paid just the same, unlike in a business.

Essentially this is one of the two main reasons why the state is so staggeringly incompetent when compared to private firms with livelihoods at risk (and a good reason why banks are so reckless, when they know they enjoy similar protection).

The other is that they attract a less innovatively minded person so can't ever be as creative as a proper firm.

HOLA4422