House Price Crash Forum

We'll Pay You £25,000 To Take Your Mortgage Elsewhere

HOLA441
HOLA442
Spotted in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...-elsewhere.html

So, be prudent, buy what you can afford, and get zilch; overstretch yourself with a dogy lender, and get £25K!

Have to stop now to take all of next week's blood pressure meds.

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i hate that!!

just give them money.

give them money on the way up and give them money on the way down

brilliant.

fecking fantastic.

by the way, do remember to give me nothing at all!!!

HOLA443
Spotted in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...-elsewhere.html

So, be prudent, buy what you can afford, and get zilch; overstretch yourself with a dogy lender, and get £25K!

This bit is even worse IMO:

In a separate move, it has emerged that many borrowers in negative equity are now being offered preferential mortgage deals from the high street banks largely controlled by the Government.

HOLA444
Guest sillybear2

Ignore the subprime shit, look at the latter part of the article where it describes how state owned banks are giving preferential rates to those in negative equity or in trouble, clearly an attempt by the government to keep the repo figures down for political purposes.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA445
HOLA446
Ignore the subprime shit, look at the latter part of the article where it describes how state owned banks are giving preferential rates to those in negative equity or in trouble, clearly an attempt by the government to keep the repo figures down for political purposes.

Exactly. So, what stops me deliberately falling behind on my mortgage, and getting either a £25K windfall, or being allowed to renegotiate for less onerous payments, or perhaps, even both of these.

This has moral hazard written all through it, like a stick of seaside rock.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st

Its just pathetic.

There may be "sound" business reasons for individual companies gettign invloved to sort out their own problems, but ultimately its just more sodding around, instead of giving the patient the major operation it so desperately needs.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Morning all,

I've posted sporadically before, but have always kept up with things in here as, despite some of the more extreme & radical posts and posters, I tend to agree with alot of the bearish observations and forecasts that are made.

Anyway, my point is, that I like to think I'm an honest, self employed mortgage broker who has now decided enough is enough and am knocking it all on the head for many reasons (generally because my ethics & moral standpoint seems to be increasingly at odds with what's happening in the financial services industry). The final straw though was an existing customer has been offered £32,000 to leave their lender - I couldn't remortgage them for a number of reasons (adverse credit/ income stretch/ affordability etc) and yet theyve been put on to an "appointed company" by the lender who has magically found a deal for them!!!

It's a brave decision to give up because due to the lack of business over the last 18 months I'm struggling financially and am now relying on my savings to keep afloat, BUT, this is the straw that broke the camels back

Wish me luck!

HOLA4411
Guest KingCharles1st
Morning all,

I've posted sporadically before, but have always kept up with things in here as, despite some of the more extreme & radical posts and posters, I tend to agree with alot of the bearish observations and forecasts that are made.

Anyway, my point is, that I like to think I'm an honest, self employed mortgage broker who has now decided enough is enough and am knocking it all on the head for many reasons (generally because my ethics & moral standpoint seems to be increasingly at odds with what's happening in the financial services industry). The final straw though was an existing customer has been offered £32,000 to leave their lender - I couldn't remortgage them for a number of reasons (adverse credit/ income stretch/ affordability etc) and yet theyve been put on to an "appointed company" by the lender who has magically found a deal for them!!!

It's a brave decision to give up because due to the lack of business over the last 18 months I'm struggling financially and am now relying on my savings to keep afloat, BUT, this is the straw that broke the camels back

Wish me luck!

Ian- thank you for your honesty.

Just a thought, is there any possible pressure/action group to be considered, by ex- agents in exactly the same situation as yourself.

Start some sort of website along the lines of Guy Fawkes, and post all the dodgy deals, underhand dealings and policies? of course NOW would be the time to do so, as we are having the huge Westminster "clean up" and wouldnt it be so sweet to see all those chickens and bad eggs coming home to roost!

Edited by KingCharles1st

HOLA4412
Guest Parry
Morning all,

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

What are you going to do next?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Exactly. So, what stops me deliberately falling behind on my mortgage, and getting either a £25K windfall, or being allowed to renegotiate for less onerous payments, or perhaps, even both of these.

This has moral hazard written all through it, like a stick of seaside rock.

My guess would be - you don't have sh1t for brains and don't want fvcked finances holding you back in better times?

Short of changing their identity these 'paid to move' nomarks had shot their bolt and will never amount to anything.

Come to think of it change of identity wouldn't help:

"Great business plan, Mr Everythingitouchturnstoturd, all we need now is some bank statements and references covering the period 2004-2009".

"Oh...erm...err...yes, about that..."

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Morning all,

Wish me luck!

Ian

Liar Loans > dish the dirt please.

GO on - you know you want to!

Edited by erranta

HOLA4417
Morning all,

Wish me luck!

Hi Ian, My blood boils just reading about it, so being on the front-line of this criminal financial system we have, may have tipped me over the edge and turned me into The Hulk, wanting to rip heads off.

Agree with above poster, wou should document and report these sort of activities, write to the papers, mp's etc (not sure what good will come of it) but if you stress that the insanity has forced you into quitting on moral grounds, maybe someone might take notice.

Good luck with with everything

KG

HOLA4418

Hi all,

In response to your posts, I'm currently training to be a hypnotherapist & stress counsellor (believe me it's helped!!) - I've got a fair way to go before I can earn any money from it, but at least I'll be helping people!

As far as dishing the dirt etc, yes, it would probably be an interesting proposition, but I just want to walk away from this whole shi55y & corrupt industry and shut the door on it.

Maybe going public would dig up such a big can of worms I'll be getting hounded by men in black - or worse - and I'm not going to put my family through that. (I've been watching too many films I think! :-)