House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTD

Now Is The Right Time To Buy....

Setting aside the content of the article, it has to be said;

If you want a good PR photo, don't go wearing an ill-fitting suit on the windy slopes of Holyrood Park.....

Edited by TTD

Wow. This is the actual full article.

Buy Now !!

""We would advise anyone thinking about buying a home to do so now before it is too late. Otherwise you risk losing out on the chance to buy your dream home at a bargain price.""

They really are @holes.

But the sad truth is that it works, my friend was telling me that he had been reading that now was the time to get in and get something cheap. He has a very nice one bedroom place and is wanting to trade up I warned him that he would need to get his first flat sold before he got too carried away.

Since when has anything in Edinburgh been a 'bargain price'

""We would advise anyone thinking about buying a home to do so now before it is too late. Otherwise you risk losing out on the chance to buy your dream home at a bargain price.""

They really are @holes.

But the sad truth is that it works, my friend was telling me that he had been reading that now was the time to get in and get something cheap. He has a very nice one bedroom place and is wanting to trade up I warned him that he would need to get his first flat sold before he got too carried away.

Since when has anything in Edinburgh been a 'bargain price'

Do it now or it is too late. What a load of tosh. Prices in Edinburgh only officially starting falling in Oct 2008. Eight months later ? All over and you better rush in or lose out.

I hope all these people lose their jobs and their homes. That may sound harsh but it is the truth. For their own selfish reasons - they are purposefully trying to tempt people into a market where they will probably make a big mistake. Some of those who fall for it may well ****** up a good 10+ years of their life. That is scandalous. These guys know what they are doing as well. This is not all one big mistake on the part of these guys. Maybe soe are just dumb. However I imagine most know the real score.

No less than we expect from estate agents though. Do you reckon they wonder why they are thought of so lowly ?

Edited by ccc

Ah, it's good old Steve "Edinburgh is a unique market, to which one cannot apply trends from national market analysis" Spence and his famous inverted plateau:

"...the downward trend is nearing an end - and we may be entering a plateau period before an imminent rise."

They also didn't spot the irony of placing a link at the bottom of the puff piece to an article on a 'suckers rally'

The ESPC also discovered the hazards of placing google sponsored adverts on their home page (I assume this is what you're referring to) - when these appeared, some of them were ads for Ahuja and their ilk, with text such as "Repossession property available at 75% of Market Value"

I wonder how many people thought this was actually an ESPC service?

Ah, it's good old Steve "Edinburgh is a unique market, to which one cannot apply trends from national market analysis" Spence and his famous inverted plateau:

I feel a bit sorry for Steve - he is coming out with some quality one liners which I am sure he will come to regret.

....in other news, turkeys advise everyone to turn veggie before Christmas.. :(