House Price Crash Forum

Green Shoots

HOLA441

Oil up - this is 100% due to speculation in my opinion. Natural gas hasn't really shifted from it's low showing it has nothing to do with actual demand

That and all this news about shipping containers down, HGV drivers saying how there is nothing being shifted etc etc.

Can they really keep the lie going long enough till we actually have a recovery thus avoiding further stock market crashes etc?

How can we (and usa) be out of recession when unemployment is still rising. What is driving economic growth if less people are buying stuff and both our economies are 70% based on people buying stuff.

HOLA442
How can we (and usa) be out of recession when unemployment is still rising. What is driving economic growth if less people are buying stuff and both our economies are 70% based on people buying stuff.

I seem to remember reading recently that the only Thing growing at the moment was state expenditure.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Oil up - this is 100% due to speculation in my opinion. Natural gas hasn't really shifted from it's low showing it has nothing to do with actual demand

Correct :(

That and all this news about shipping containers down, HGV drivers saying how there is nothing being shifted etc etc.

We import lots of products and it is certainly a buyers market re transport at the moment. Problem we will have is that it will take longer to get things over as there are less boats making the journey. :(

Can they really keep the lie going long enough till we actually have a recovery thus avoiding further stock market crashes etc?

No, not indefinately :(

Blind hope :(

But everything else is coming up smelling of roses? :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447

The main reason for all this talk of green shoots and recovery is to prevent social unrest and industrial action.

They are managing peoples perceptions and so they think things are much better than they really are.

That and the fear of the police is all that's keeping the rabble in line.

HOLA448
If people keep putting "Green Shoots" in thread titles, this chasing the market business is going to take a while*.

[ *Price changed: from 'From £83,997' to 'From £83,996'

source: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-24970784.html ]

You mean you can save a whole pound on this flat - bargain, I must rush and buy it up... :blink:

HOLA449

Yep. Oil futures arbitrage.... nothing will change.

It is fraud on a global scale and should be made illegal, but not a chance as the IMC and petro factions eclipse any nation or government.

Get used to it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
The main reason for all this talk of green shoots and recovery is to prevent social unrest and industrial action.

They are managing peoples perceptions and so they think things are much better than they really are.

Exactly. What would be the point of importing millions of folk into the UK

& then having to mow them all down along with the indigenous peasants & all because they wont stay in line as the economy terminally collapses?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

+1

petrol now well over a £1 a litre at forecourts btw ;)

HOLA4414
Exactly. What would be the point of importing millions of folk into the UK

& then having to mow them all down along with the indigenous peasants & all because they wont stay in line as the economy terminally collapses?

These 100,000's of Eastern Europeans that are milling around on the dole are waiting to replace

the indigenous workers. They are a reserve army of cheap labor brought in to drive down the wages and conditions

in this country.

HOLA4415
I seem to remember reading recently that the only Thing growing at the moment was state expenditure.

Quick, how to do I buy the state. I want to fill my boots.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Quick, how to do I buy the state. I want to fill my boots.

A nominal tenner will suffice Mr. Livingstone......

did we mention those dynamic PFIs you will 'inherit'?

never mind the olympic stadia(?).

HOLA4418

Of course it's lies. When has any politician ever done anything else?

Brown even admitted a few months back that the government had "advised" the media to stop reporting bad news and to focus on the positive stuff. It's like communist Russia all over again, except they call it "freedom" - freedom to believe whatever brand of nonsense you choose, as long as it's repeated by an "official" source. :lol:

Edited by Von Moses

HOLA4419
Of course it's lies. When has any politician ever done anything else?

Brown even admitted a few months back that the government had "advised" the media to stop reporting bad news and to focus on the positive stuff. It's like communist Russia all over again, except they call it "freedom" - freedom to believe whatever brand of nonsense you choose, as long as it's repeated by an "official" source. :lol:

Frightening.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

How long now before the cops switch over to full-on overt fascist oppressor mode? Believe me they aren't nearly there yet (except in Bournemouth). I think the nightmare scenario of insufficient food for everyone (the UK imports the vast majority of its calories) and traffic wardens with big guns taking out anyone who gets too close to the canned food reserves is looking quite plausible.

Now where did I put that "Threads" DVD?

HOLA4422
How long now before the cops switch over to full-on overt fascist oppressor mode? Believe me they aren't nearly there yet (except in Bournemouth). I think the nightmare scenario of insufficient food for everyone (the UK imports the vast majority of its calories) and traffic wardens with big guns taking out anyone who gets too close to the canned food reserves is looking quite plausible.

Now where did I put that "Threads" DVD?

Its the carrot and the stick scenario.

When people realize that they will never get the carrot they will need to use a lot more stick.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Its the carrot and the stick scenario.

When people realize that they will never get the carrot they will need to use a lot more stick.

"The mathematics are simple. The more people die, the more food everybody else has."

(paraphrased very loosely from Threads).

Amazing though. Back in the eighties we thought it would take a bunch of thermonuclear bombs, or possibly triffids, to finish us off. In reality we just needed an obsession with shiny electronic toys, a spivved up financial system touting those special financial packages the esteemed Eric Pebbles regularly cites and an inability to see any possible downside to globalism.

Editted: duplicated word

Edited by Horridbloke

HOLA4425
Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

The green shoots is like kids in the car, are we there yet, are we there yet ? Are we nearly there ? how long until we're nearly there ?