House Price Crash Forum

When Is A 2 Bedroomed Flat, Not A 2 Bedroomed Flat?

HOLA441
That's nowt, somehow these clowns have converted a two-up/two-down into a four bedroom house. I suppose it's divine retribution that it's a repo:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-22307110.html?

Bedroom 4: 7'11 x 5'0

Lol wow. That's not much bigger than a cupboard is it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
In Germany houses get sold be sqm and not by rooms...all idiots over here falling for that :rolleyes:

It's infuriating that we don't have this here. I'm looking for a flat to rent at the moment and it's £100 a month extra on average for a separate bedroom, no matter how tiny it is. I can swallow a small premium for a separate bedroom over a studio flat because it means a couple can live there, but £1200 a year or more is a p¦ss take for most of the ridiculous conversions that are on the market in Brighton.

HOLA444
Bedroom 4: 7'11 x 5'0

Lol wow. That's not much bigger than a cupboard is it?

Tell me about it; I imagine there's a network of air-vents that allow you to navigate from one bedroom to the next cos there's sure as hell no chance of space for doors.

I would love to know just how they came up with this idea; and how they thought it would add value.

HOLA445
It's infuriating that we don't have this here. I'm looking for a flat to rent at the moment and it's £100 a month extra on average for a separate bedroom, no matter how tiny it is. I can swallow a small premium for a separate bedroom over a studio flat because it means a couple can live there, but £1200 a year or more is a p¦ss take for most of the ridiculous conversions that are on the market in Brighton.

As long as people accept this crap that a 50 qm 2 bed is worth more then a 50qm 1 bed...and pay for it, it will not change.

HOLA446

I suspect this was a rip off illegal immigrants type house - buy it, don't pay mortgage, collect rent and disappear. put them in conditions cattle wouldn't then run off and buy yourself a new Albanian 14 year old girl to work as a hooker for you with the proceeds.

HOLA447
As long as people accept this crap that a 50 qm 2 bed is worth more then a 50qm 1 bed...and pay for it, it will not change.

I wish they would stop cramming in tiny en-suites as well - how about just a generous sized bathroom?

But en-suite looks soooo good in the sales blurb...

HOLA448
I suspect this was a rip off illegal immigrants type house - buy it, don't pay mortgage, collect rent and disappear. put them in conditions cattle wouldn't then run off and buy yourself a new Albanian 14 year old girl to work as a hooker for you with the proceeds.

Hmm, i've just had a 'eureka' moment....

Interesting business model.

HOLA449
Bedroom 1:9'11 x 9'6

Bedroom 2:9'10 x 6'4

Bedroom 3:11'5 x 7'2

Bedroom 4:7'11 x 5'0

Reception 1:13'00 x 12'7

Reception 2:9'10 x 8'2

Kitchen:8'9 x 7'2

epic fail

Good God!

In the film, "Cape Fear' Max Cady talked about being forced to make a commitment to a 9 x 5 cell. At least it was 13" more than this bedroom :lol:

HOLA4410
That's the thing I never ever get here....take a house with 2 bedrooms ..worth 200k and turn it into 4 beds by splitting the 2 beds into 4 beds..and voilà its worth 300k..with actual no added space what so ever :blink:

Only in the UK..I tell you :lol:

In Germany houses get sold be sqm and not by rooms...all idiots over here falling for that :rolleyes:

Indeed. Only the thick as 5h1t properdee obsessed Brits could have a system where its not immediatly obvious how much you are getting for your money.

Its no small irony that the T as S P O Bs end up with the least living space per head of all the European countries.

Actually in your example, Monopoly, its worse than no space added whatsover because the extra walls take up some space unless of course, thay are made of paper. Oh, hang on a minute...

HOLA4411
I wish they would stop cramming in tiny en-suites as well - how about just a generous sized bathroom?

But en-suite looks soooo good in the sales blurb...

Since when do you have generous sized rooms in this country..lol

I never seen a generous sized bathroom over here :lol:

HOLA4412
Hmm, i've just had a 'eureka' moment....

Interesting business model.

I'll add an interesting (and increasingly common) layer for you.

Buy terraced house for £30K. Rent it out. Now get a dodgy survey on it to value it at £90K 18 months later. Sell it to your 'cousin' for £90K, of which 95% is mortgaged, pocket the cash, rent out to tenants and don't pay mortgage. By the time they catch on and repo it, you've made about £60K in cash all told - for a £3K investment in a £30K house. Or have fictional tenants to launder drug money.

Being used in Blackburn, Burnley, Manchester, Bolton, Bradford a lot at the moment..... many of the mortgage brokers used also seem to have 'accident management firms' run from the same premises..... let me see.... why wouldn't it be PC to publicise this sort of thing ?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
thats fantastic idea, you could have a price per Sq/m per area/road + any extras that particular house may have, you could then see transparently (well nearly) how much the house is worth, and how much your paying for an ornate garden with fish pond

No 5h1t Sherlock!

Its hardly a radical idea. Thats exactly the way they do it and it works a treat. There is even a system to account for balconies, terraces and the like which flats have. The outside areas contribute 1/2 to the total square meterage.

HOLA4415

Buy terraced house for £30K. Rent it out. Now get a dodgy survey on it to value it at £90K 18 months later. Sell it to your 'cousin' for £90K, of which 95% is mortgaged, pocket the cash, rent out to tenants and don't pay mortgage. By the time they catch on and repo it, you've made about £60K in cash all told - for a £3K investment in a £30K house. Or have fictional tenants to launder drug money.

Being used in Blackburn, Burnley, Manchester, Bolton, Bradford a lot at the moment..... many of the mortgage brokers used also seem to have 'accident management firms' run from the same premises..... let me see.... why wouldn't it be PC to publicise this sort of thing ?

Cheers for that, very illuminating.

Also good to see that my old hometown is one of the notorious hotspots. Probably has nothing to do whatsoever with the above-average immigrant population.

Probably.

And there I was thinking that doing a fair day's work was the way to get on in life; more fool me.

HOLA4416
And there I was thinking that doing a fair day's work was the way to get on in life; more fool me.

you'll find the cousin is back in Pakistan when they come looking for him (well, he's not, he's really driving a minicab about 7 nights a week claiming to be earning £5,400 or whatever the taxation limit is, on someone else's licence and national insurance number (you lose benefits if you earn too much or play it straight), but so far as the authorities are concerned.....)

HOLA4417
Tell me about it; I imagine there's a network of air-vents that allow you to navigate from one bedroom to the next cos there's sure as hell no chance of space for doors.

I would love to know just how they came up with this idea; and how they thought it would add value.

Homes Under the Hammer? ;)

HOLA4418

large%20hamster%20cage.jpg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I did a mortgage for a mortgage fraud officer a few years ago and she worked in Bradford. Now I thought I'd heard it all but she told me tales just like this one and that the 'cousin' you mention had a fake passport and so it was all very difficult to prove. There was also a benefits claim in there somewhere.

She also told me that there was one particular lender in common and when she approached them they really didn't care.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
LOL!

All I can say is that the EA's flogging this beauty are too embarrassed to publish the meausurments of the rooms of this 2 bedroomed flat which clearly looks like someone's loft! Ha ha. :lol:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-12749154.html

OMFG.

Imagine "bedroom" 2 with a chest of drawers, or cupboard in it. Or do people store their clothes in the kitchen these days? Mind you, that would mean I have no space for my can of beans and loaf of bread.

HOLA4423
LOL!

All I can say is that the EA's flogging this beauty are too embarrassed to publish the meausurments of the rooms of this 2 bedroomed flat which clearly looks like someone's loft! Ha ha. :lol:

That's a other thing in Germany..under the roof space does not count 100%..everything with a height under 1meter does not count as living space , from 1-2 meter count as 50% and over 2 meter as 100% living space.

Imagen this over here :rolleyes:

HOLA4424
That's a other thing in Germany..under the roof space does not count 100%..everything with a height under 1meter does not count as living space , from 1-2 meter count as 50% and over 2 meter as 100% living space.

Imagen this over here :rolleyes:

Yes, 'Hobbits need only apply!' :lol:

HOLA4425
LOL!

Leave it out Bomber; it's a Premium Listing....

FFS 165k for a one-bedroom loft conversion. In Anerley? Ho ho, we as a nation need our fookin heads checked.