House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mew too

Property Expert About To Be On Channel 5 Luke Doonan

I've seen him before on the Wright Stuff, he has a strong bullish bias and last time I saw him was shocked at the failure to see both sides

Said the banks are still being greedy because of high deposits, about to be on....

Edited by mew too

His comment in the preview about greedy banks not lending enough made me switch off before the show got to him proper. Apparently he is an expert on selling, renting, buy to let and social housing - you name it he apparently knows about it even though he only looks like he is in his 20s. :lol:

He was just on Wright stuff about an hour ago.

He was still going on and on about how greedy bankers, are putting up mortgage rates.

They had a lady phone in, to ask where she could get an 80% mortgage from, so she could move to a new more upmarket area. He basically told her, she wouldn't be able to find an 80% mortgage, then had another moan about how high interest rates are now, for those without high deposits.

He finished by a good old ramp, advising now was a good time for ftb'ers to get on the "ladder", because there was so many new builds still unsold, that the developers were offering excellent discounts to get them sold.

tbh last time I saw him speak he did a lot more ramping, I complained to ch 5 that there bias was shameful, so perhaps this time it was a little less rampant, although there was no mention of risk and his bias was still apparent.

I cannot believe he really thinks the banks are being greedy - he did mention 'even we are having trouble with mortgages' so a little bitterness maybe.?

It boils down to one thing - if the banks won't lend less than 80% ltv at favourable rates then in their opinion risk is still a problem until house prices go lower

So what did Lukey have to say then?

Have a look at his property website - Yet another property expert!

Here some nuggets from his site:

• Every week, I say that now is one of the best times to buy a new build property and it still is!!!

• We own the majority of some of the biggest mortgage lenders so we should have seen more activity by now…

• As you know I always look at the housing market in a positive way (whatever it is doing)

Within months we shall see him in a location, location, grand designs, homes under the hammer - alike programme of his own :rolleyes:

[*]We own the majority of some of the biggest mortgage lenders so we should have seen more activity by now…

I don't get it. Does he really think that because the banks were bailed out with taxpayers' money that the taxpayers "own" the banks now? That's like assuming that the junkie who mugged you and ran off with your purse has an obligation to invite you over when he's shooting up.

Now I may be naive, but that's just stooopid.

:blink:

I don't get it. Does he really think that because the banks were bailed out with taxpayers' money that the taxpayers "own" the banks now? That's like assuming that the junkie who mugged you and ran off with your purse has an obligation to invite you over when he's shooting up.

+1

Yes the ‘Ramping Diaries’ has a great ring to it!

Any mods want to open up a sticky thread where we can preserve these individuals for future prosperity (or not in their case!)?

This can apply to articles, blogs, iplayer/tv links. We don’t have to comment just post them in one place. These individuals deserve to be shamed in future years for conning those who don’t know any better – it always seems to go on completely unchallenged on programmes like the ‘Wright Stuff’, Radio 1 News, BBC Breakfast News; media consumed by folk who sometimes are not wise to the wider issues at play in the economy. Whilst also being unchallenged with no balanced perspective from a Bearish viewpoint.

These media channels could also be held accountable to an extent as well.

I think people like this should be noted on HPC and put into the hall of shame on here and in 18 moths time should be held accountable for their blatant ramping. They are just sodding con artsists.

I think a bit longer, maybe 20 bees is more appropriate.

I think people like this should be noted on HPC and put into the hall of shame on here and in 18 moths time should be held accountable for their blatant ramping. They are just sodding con artsists.

Great Idea

:P:D:D:wacko:

In Moore's experiment, volunteers were given cash for correctly guessing the weight of people from their photographs. In each of the eight rounds of the study, the guessers bought advice from one of four other volunteers. The guessers could see in advance how confident each of these advisers was (see table), but not which weights they had opted for.

From the start, the more confident advisers found more buyers for their advice, and this caused the advisers to give answers that were more and more precise as the game progressed. This escalation in precision disappeared when guessers simply had to choose whether or not to buy the advice of a single adviser. In the later rounds, guessers tended to avoid advisers who had been wrong previously, but this effect was more than outweighed by the bias towards confidenc

Only way to overrule that is regulation, tw ats can't be allowed to handle money for their own safety.

Edited by Tom Peters