House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest redwine

Logan

Guest redwine

Last saturday i was back in the "lotissement" and i noticed that the Toyota 4WD have gone to be replaced by "the logan"

I was surprised by the french logic "we have bought a logan to show that we are sensible and we look after our Budget no wasting of money on fancy cars

Having said that they still want to make a 100K profit on there house ?

Anybody in france on the forum seeing the same in there region?

Guest redwine
How well does the Logan run?

When Renault brought the "Logan" to France it was sold as a "low cost" car for the poor chav family a sort of cheap Aldi car

They did not mention that there business strategy was to take over the second hand car market

What they didn't see coming was the middle-class going out and buying a logan they were sick of paying high prices for a laguna or a scenic

A family estate Dacia MCV a 5 or 7 seater is half the price of a Renault scenic a bloke at work is buying a Dacia Sandero as he can't afford to buy a new ford maxi why buy a second hand car when you can buy new one

Having said that he told that he paid 120K for his house but he has put it on the market for 250K

When it comes to houses the "low cost" concept vanishes the same people that are sick of high prices even though they did not pay the high price when they bought there house or flat are the same one's who want to make the maxi today

Going back to the car the MCV looks okay so does the Sandero but i have noticed the"headmasters logan" at our local school

the paint is peeling off after only 2 years you have been warned ;)

Last saturday i was back in the "lotissement" and i noticed that the Toyota 4WD have gone to be replaced by "the logan"

I was surprised by the french logic "we have bought a logan to show that we are sensible and we look after our Budget no wasting of money on fancy cars

Yes, I've noticed quite a few here too.

It is cheap in France, but not as cheap as it should be ! It has an "on the road" list price of €8700 in Romania and less in other markets.

It is a Renault version of a world "starter car" made in Romania, Colombia, Brazil, Russia, Morroco, Iran, India and South Africa. It is marketed Dacia Logan, Renault Logan, Nissan Aprio or Tondar 90 dependant on market.

To be fair, the French have much less concern for automotive status. The Citroen 2CV, Renault4, Renault twingo have always been classless transport similar to the original mini in the 1960's.

Classless transport :

2cv.jpg

Peter

Guest redwine
Yes, I've noticed quite a few here too.

To be fair, the French have much less concern for automotive status. The Citroen 2CV, Renault4, Renault twingo have always been classless transport similar to the original mini in the 1960's.

Classless transport :

I did not see cars through "french eyes" when i lived in England i used to clean and polish my car and change filters ,oil etc

I have never seen a frenchman polish his car or even look after it until it breaks down so i decided to what they do with my 18 year old second car just do nothing

2 years gone now without doing anything it works a treat maybe they are not as daft as people tend to think

These are Romanian.

Been in plenty. Driven one or two

Edited by twatmangle