House Price Crash Forum
Injin

Refinery Sackings Spark Walkouts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8111648.stm

Thousands of workers across England and Wales have walked out in support of 647 Lindsey oil refinery construction staff sacked for staging unofficial strikes.

It comes as Lindsey workers burned dozens of dismissal letters in protest.

Total, which runs the facility in North Lincolnshire, gave them until 1700 BST on Monday to reapply for their jobs.

The wildcat strikes involving about 3,000 workers are being held at eight sites including Sellafield in Cumbria and the Ensus biofuel site in Teesside.

Total said it was "encouraged" by the amount of feedback from workers involved, but would not know how many had reapplied for their jobs until the end of the week because of the number of sub-contractors on the site.

The Lindsey workers first withdrew their labour on 11 June in protest at a sub-contractor axing 51 jobs while another employer on the site was hiring people.

Last week, Total announced it had dismissed 647 construction workers following the unofficial strikes. They had been building another plant next to the existing site in Killingholme.

Workers across the UK have walked out in sympathy, with thousands downing tools on Monday in unofficial action. They include:

• 900 contract workers at Sellafield in Cumbria

• 400 workers at two LNG plants in west Wales - South Hook and Dragon

• 200 contractors at Aberthaw power station in the Vale of Glamorgan, south Wales

• 200 contractors at Drax and Eggborough power stations near Selby, North Yorkshire

• Workers at Fiddlers Ferry power station in Widnes, Cheshire

• Contract maintenance workers at the Shell Stanlow Refinery in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire

• 60 contract maintenance workers at Didcot A power station in Oxfordshire

• More than 1,000 workers at the Ensus biofuel site in Wilton, Teesside

- ------

Sacked worker Kenny Ward told the meeting: "Would Total do the same in France? Absolutely not, because there wouldn't be a tanker on its four wheels. They'd all be turned over on their sides, blockading every road to this refinery, because the French wouldn't put up with it

Fun stuiff and good luck to them.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Good. About time we got a bit French.

Good. About time we got a bit French.

we need to get French with:

Our police whom attack and murder our citizens whilst they protest against a financial system that is not sustainable

on our government for being worse criminals than the average working class car dealer

The French have balls

we have non

Guest Parry

Is this the beginning of the K-winter of discontent?

Is this when the people rise up against the tyranny of the oppressor?

Will Batman stop the Joker from . . . .

Well done Injin.. this thread has survived for most of the working day without being relegated to the "off topic" bin...

My thread (same subject) on Friday got moved in 20mins...

Thats censorship for ya...

Edited by Krackersdave

So what do we reckon?

Odds on:

1. Mild disruption to something tangible to the common man (name your disruption).

2. A bit of a fight breaking out somewhere with Stormtrooper Polizei.

3. Bigass disruption and fuel queues again.

4. Nothing because the gummint have more or less castrated the public's ability to protest against the State.

TFH

Guest Parry
So what do we reckon?

Odds on:

1. Mild disruption to something tangible to the common man (name your disruption).

2. A bit of a fight breaking out somewhere with Stormtrooper Polizei.

3. Bigass disruption and fuel queues again.

4. Nothing because the gummint have more or less castrated the public's ability to protest against the State.

TFH

Squibb's. Damp ones.

Yes, I'd go for . . . all of these chaps replaced with foreign labour because the management have seen this coming and made arrangements.

Mild disruption. But since no ones going to work any more, who needs the fuel.

Well done Injin.. this thread has survived for most of the working day without being relegated to the "off topic" bin...

My thread (same subject) on Friday got moved in 20mins...

Thats censorship for ya...

Yes but you name dropped a certain fascist nationalist group into the header.

What did you expect?

Guest Parry
4zxfmh.gif

I love these Joker thinga-me-gigs you've got. The one clapping is just great.

I've really regressed from a serious adult from a tough industry to a idiotic adolescent. Aren't recession great?

Guest Parry
Yes but you name dropped a certain fascist nationalist group into the header.

What did you expect?

Mussolini? :huh:

I love these Joker thinga-me-gigs you've got. The one clapping is just great.

The biggest joker of all

Scary_smile.gif

Click picture for full effect.

post-16847-1245691241_thumb.png

Edited by MOP

Guest KingCharles1st

70's riots were between people who had colour tellies, and people who were lucky to have a telly at all. Haves and have-nots and all that.

These days its all a bit different innit.

Filled up today, and bought enough food for a month yesterday, can see this progressing quite quickly.

I seem to remember we were only two days from supermarkets running out of food in the last walk out!!

Couldnt find any tin hats though, but bought some silver foil for some artistic amusement hat making.

Just got my BNP e-newsletter about the sackings and it said you can let them know of your opposition to their action here:

http://www.total.gb.com/apps_wex/totalcouk_contact/?cat=2

Also has a leaflet you can print out and distribute, but im a bit tight to print out stuff.

It also says BOYCOTT TOTAL GARAGES - DON'T PAY THEM WHILE THEY SACK BRITISH WORKERS AND REPLACE THEM WITH FOREIGNERS. DEMAND BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS.

So from now on im only using Tescos petrol stations.

It also says i should forward this e-mail to all my friends but i dont have any so triple DOH

Mussolini's police does not need invitation to arrest you.

Not sure if this video has been posted before:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/vide...gsnorth-arrests

lol

single mum indeed. more like single parasitical scumbag that was antagonising police men. as much as i hate the police i hate single mums even more. fair enough asking for police id if they knock at midnight on your front door, but at a demonstration where its obvious there are police etc, wtf.

i bet she was being really obnoxious, all legally of course. does she really believe in what shes doing or does she have nothing better to do with her life?

Just got my BNP e-newsletter about the sackings and it said you can let them know of your opposition to their action here:

http://www.total.gb.com/apps_wex/totalcouk_contact/?cat=2

Also has a leaflet you can print out and distribute, but im a bit tight to print out stuff.

It also says BOYCOTT TOTAL GARAGES - DON'T PAY THEM WHILE THEY SACK BRITISH WORKERS AND REPLACE THEM WITH FOREIGNERS. DEMAND BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS.

So from now on im only using Tescos petrol stations.

It also says i should forward this e-mail to all my friends but i dont have any so triple DOH

Shame. Why, may I ask?

lol

single mum indeed. more like single parasitical scumbag that was antagonising police men. as much as i hate the police i hate single mums even more. fair enough asking for police id if they knock at midnight on your front door, but at a demonstration where its obvious there are police etc, wtf.

i bet she was being really obnoxious, all legally of course. does she really believe in what shes doing or does she have nothing better to do with her life?

God save us from fascists like you. I suppose you agree with all the police surveillance, I suppose you must have applauded when Charles de Menezes was murdered, and I bet you cheered when Ian Tomlinson was shoved to the ground in a fatal attack.

The women involved here were members of FIT watch, who monitor police forward intelligence operations. If you read the description of events, it is quite plain they offered no insults, or any violence, and got banged up for four days for their trouble.

"After challenging a police officer over his failure to display a badge number at a protest against the Kingsnorth power station in Kent, the two women were wrestled to the ground, handcuffed and placed in a police van. They were held in custody for four days, three of which were spent in HMP Bronzefield.

Swain, 43, was arrested for assault and obstruction and Apple,33, for obstruction. The charges were later dropped."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009...y-apple-arrests

Edited by corevalue

God save us from fascists like you. I suppose you agree with all the police surveillance, I suppose you must have applauded when Charles de Menezes was murdered, and I bet you cheered when Ian Tomlinson was shoved to the ground in a fatal attack.

The women involved here were members of FIT watch, who monitor police forward intelligence operations. If you read the description of events, it is quite plain they offered no insults, or any violence, and got banged up for four days for their trouble.

"After challenging a police officer over his failure to display a badge number at a protest against the Kingsnorth power station in Kent, the two women were wrestled to the ground, handcuffed and placed in a police van. They were held in custody for four days, three of which were spent in HMP Bronzefield.

Swain, 43, was arrested for assault and obstruction and Apple,33, for obstruction. The charges were later dropped."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009...y-apple-arrests

+ 1

i just watched it, nothing but state terrorism no diff than Iran

The tinderbox is burning, not much longer before people like me in my mid 40's have had enough