House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prime Realist 8

Internet Radio Music Players

Guest X-QUORK

I bought one about five years ago, a BT product I think. I couldn't get it to work and flogged it on ebay to some one equally as gullible. Maybe they're better these days.

I heard of these, what do they cost?

You could set up a cheap small system to do the same thing and then have a fully functional computer.

£160 nettop with £15 speakers or of course use the current computer you most likely have.

Unless they are cheap or offer something more I don’t see these succeeding.

I currently use a Roku Soundbridge.

It's a unit that plugs into your existing sound gear and gets the radio via wi-fi.

I've had it about 2 years and it's always worked perfectly. I have 3 of 'em around the house as i use it to stream my mp3s too.

Biggest problem is the choice. There are 1000's if not 10's of thousands of stations to listen to.

If I was buying one today I think i'd go for something like the Roberts WM201. Internet radio and also streams MP3s, FLACs, etc.

I use a squeezebox, it plays music from your computer when its on, or can play internet radio when the computer is off.

I've never like radio music in any form, in that you're subject to the playlist whims of a DJ (or some computerized equivalent).

Why sit through 3 tracks you don't like to get to one that you do?

Spotify and its playlist functions do for me.