House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Sickening

Guilty until proven innocent. voluntary (for now)

To be honest, with a mentality like this I will regard any cop killer as doing a public service. Unelected fascists making the decision to treat everyone as under suspicion unless you yield to the ever growing police state. I know the police dont really understand the concept of work and would sooner rely on CCTV do to their work for them while they sit on theyre flabby arses harassing motorists, but this is just sick. Even the jaded crooks in charge of the EU are astounded by our overlords blase attitude towards DNA samples being taken for no reason at all and retained (unlawfully) for an indefinite period. Now we have this. If you happen to live in a certain area, youre not innocent. If you happen to not give a sample then presumably youre guilty by implication.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/De...g-in.5387356.jp

To be honest, with a mentality like this I will regard any cop killer as doing a public service. Unelected fascists making the decision to treat everyone as under suspicion unless you yield to the ever growing police state. I know the police dont really understand the concept of work and would sooner rely on CCTV do to their work for them while they sit on theyre flabby arses harassing motorists, but this is just sick. Even the jaded crooks in charge of the EU are astounded by our overlords blase attitude towards DNA samples being taken for no reason at all and retained (unlawfully) for an indefinite period. Now we have this. If you happen to live in a certain area, youre not innocent. If you happen to not give a sample then presumably youre guilty by implication.

It's purely voluntary for now (as you have said). The very first case in the world that was 'solved' using DNA (The Colin Pitchfork Case) was as a result of a mass screen similar to this, so it really does have its merits.

The important questions are:

Are the dna samples and the profiles destroyed immediately afterwards or stored indefinitely.

And are the profiles only used in this screen, or are they run against other unrelated crimes?

BTW Just for the record, if plod turned up on my doorstep and asked for a sample, then I'd tell him to do one.

Guest X-QUORK

Frightening.

They might get plenty of volunteers if it could be guaranteed that the DNA samples would be destroyed after the investigation, but we all know they'll be kept.

All DNA samples are kept as a matter of routine, and there is no indication that this case is an exception.

The police & Govt. claim that retaining DNA of innocent people helps solve crime.

The stupidity of the Government/police stance is clearly demonstrated by this case. People who would otherwise co-operate by giving a sample, will instead not co-operate because they do not want their DNA stored indefinitely.

So, the Government policy will make it more difficult to solve this particular crime.

All DNA samples are kept as a matter of routine, and there is no indication that this case is an exception.

Is that the case now? I remember it used to be that Criminal Justice samples were kept (often illegally) whilst voluntary samples, from mass screens, were usually destroyed.

I'm going back a few years, but it definitely used to be the case that they were treated separately.

I'll do some Googling

EDIT: To add the following

12.3. If the Volunteer agrees to have their DNA added to the NDNAD, the appropriate consent box on the DNA card MUST be ticked. If it is not ticked/signed, the sample will not be added to the NDNAD.

Straight from the pig's mouth

To be honest, with a mentality like this I will regard any cop killer as doing a public service.

I wonder if anyone will make a comment about your opinion that police trying to catch a rapist should be murdered.

I wonder if anyone thinks that you're views there are a tad disproportionate.

PS The police have stated that the DNA will be destroyed and not stored if you're in the clear.

The police have stated that the DNA will be destroyed and not stored if you're in the clear.

Could you cite a reference for that?

From the newspaper report....

The DNA will only be recorded for the purpose of this investigation and will not be stored on record beyond its conclusion.

Idiotic quote of the day......

"To be honest, with a mentality like this I will regard any cop killer as doing a public service"

what a tw@

Guest skullingtonjoe

My only regret is that my urine doesn`t turn into a very combustible substance - if so I`d have a reason to piss on a filth if I saw one on fire! ;)

Guest skullingtonjoe
Idiotic quote of the day......

"To be honest, with a mentality like this I will regard any cop killer as doing a public service"

what a tw@

Please add me to your `idiots` folder <_<

I would actually refuse and tell the police that I have an alibi if they want to list me as a suspect.

I would also tell them that unfortunately, Wacky Jacqui Jackboot has destroyed public confidence by illegally refusing to destroy DNA samples collected on innocent citizens, so there is very little reason to trust MPs (working with the police of course) not to later rescind the commitment to destroy the samples taken for this investigation.

I would be very polite and helpful for their investigation though, because the rapist needs to be caught.

I wonder if anyone will make a comment about your opinion that police trying to catch a rapist should be murdered.

I wonder if anyone thinks that you're views there are a tad disproportionate.

PS The police have stated that the DNA will be destroyed and not stored if you're in the clear.

OK, i maybe using a bit of hyperbole there. (as with a fair few of my posts)

...only a little though :lol:

Just scares me these buffoons being able to get theyre hands on the most fundamental of peoples personal data. Theyve proven time and time again they cant be trusted with personal information.

Guest KingCharles1st

do you think the Police might use DNA to solve the mystery of who fu cked up our economy...?

I like to quote this

"Britain is governed by a clique that secured barely 22% of the eligible vote at the last election."

Unelected PM Brown, Previously sacked 'Mandleson' and others back in - Government is being MANipulated 100% by the illuminati minions behind the veil.

Mandleson, Balls, Osborne etc

PS - The case for Cameras/CCTV/ 'listening' devices planted in lamposts etc

I was watching solicitor general squirming on BBC Parliament.

She stated that Shop lifting arrests are a "STEADY" 150,000+ p.a.

http://business.scotsman.com/13999/Police-...h-as.4887186.jp

Shop lifting is UP 12-30% since Financial Implosion - over 20% in USA cities!

So much for a CCTV deterrent!

Over the years, on average over 40% of those convicted are stealing for a drug habit.

CCTV doesn't put off those stealing for drugs etc - they are purely an excuse to spy on/intimidate the LAWful sheep in society!

City centre CCTV shifted alot of thieving to quiet country shops(who can least afford it) and small shops on outskirts of towns/cities.

Guest skullingtonjoe
I would actually refuse and tell the police that I have an alibi if they want to list me as a suspect.

I would also tell them that unfortunately, Wacky Jacqui Jackboot has destroyed public confidence by illegally refusing to destroy DNA samples collected on innocent citizens, so there is very little reason to trust MPs (working with the police of course) not to later rescind the commitment to destroy the samples taken for this investigation.

I would be very polite and helpful for their investigation though, because the rapist needs to be caught.

Absolutely - rapists are not very nice people at all and have no place roaming free.

But I fear that no matter how polite, reasonable or even acting within your rights you would be, the police would mark you up as a prime suspect through a percived `lack of cooperation` :(

I'm sure there was some confusion between the police keeping DNA records and

destroying samples. You remain on file as a more simple DNA sequence?

If they destroy the sample and delete any records that seems ok to me.

"The DNA will only be recorded for the purpose of this investigation and will not

be stored on record beyond its conclusion."

There is also familial matching so if a relation of the rapist is checked it narrows the

search down to much smaller number of people related to the innocent sample person.

They could take samples from women as well for this.

So, you have a problem with ruling yourself out of a rape investigation? Now as a public spirited citizen I'd be happy to if I lived in Peterborough.

Never mind, it takes all sorts to make the world go around.

fair enough and all that, but why should the average punter be compelled to help make the police's s job easier, when at the same time those same police are abusing the trust and civil liberties of the people, not to mention breaking the laws they are meant to uphold?

Guest skullingtonjoe
fair enough and all that, but why should the average punter be compelled to help make the police's s job easier, when at the same time those same police are abusing the trust and civil liberties of the people, not to mention breaking the laws they are meant to uphold?

Easy - because `they are `"the good guys"` and they `represent the law` and they are `protecting the public` yadda...yadda..blah..blah.... :(:rolleyes::lol::lol::blink:

My only regret is that my urine doesn`t turn into a very combustible substance - if so I`d have a reason to piss on a filth if I saw one on fire! ;)

You seem to have plenty hate for the police, but none for the rapist they are trying to catch.

Ah well, you get all sorts on here.

:wacko:

Ironically in the Colin Pitchfork case, supposedly the first ever use of DNA to trap a suspect, they only just got him because he paid someone to donate DNA on his behalf and this (workmate ?) was overheard bragging about it in a pub by a very public spirited girl who reported the conversation - so if it wasn't for that overheard conversation, the DNA trawl would have been useless in that first case.

http://www.localhistories.org/pitchfork.html

He could actually be released soon :angry:

So, you have a problem with ruling yourself out of a rape investigation? Now as a public spirited citizen I'd be happy to if I lived in Peterborough.

Never mind, it takes all sorts to make the world go around.

How about i just rent a cell at the police station so they can interrogate me for every crime they cant solve?

Sheesh, we'll end up in a minority report scenario.

I'm glad you do acknowledge that my stance is fair (enough) and that I would be happy to rule myself out of any investigation if it helps the Police concentrate their resources on others.

As to why the average punter (as you put it) should be compelled, I can really only say it's being public spirited and I would hope that if something like that happened to a daughter of mine, others would view the situation as I have.

Not quite sure what civil liberties are being broken with asking the public voluntarily to help but still, if there are, I'm sure you'll tell us.

I used to have fully respect for the Police service, indeed, I seriously looked into a career in the force. Unfortunately I have since seen the ugly side of the police force too many times.

I have seen first hand, police breaking all of the PACE guidelines when conducting stop and searches, with total disregard for the correct procedures. I have seen them collude, lie and make up a series of events that never happened purely to cover themselves for an unlawful stop and search. I have seen them falsify paperwork. I can give you their names and the police station where they work if you like - actually that may not be a good idea, save it for the courtroom.

I have others tell me (with enormous pleasure) about the good kicking they gave to the miners, and they freely acknowledge that most of the people they hit were just standing there peacefully.

Sadly, I don't trust the police to go about their duties in the way that we would expect of them.

Absolutely - rapists are not very nice people at all and have no place roaming free.

But I fear that no matter how polite, reasonable or even acting within your rights you would be, the police would mark you up as a prime suspect through a percived `lack of cooperation` :(

I agree they might, but they'd only end up wasting their own time at a time when they really can't afford it and I think they know that.