House Price Crash Forum
Joey Buttafueco Jr

Residential Development Land Values Halve In 12 Months

in the last year the price of land for residential development:

prime London areas fallen 45 per cent

Scottish greenfield land is off 36 per cent

In the West Midlands, urban land has fallen 54 per cent, greenfield land there is down 45 per cent

In one year. Fantastic.

If you stand quietly near a weed-grown development site and listen very hard you can hear the price falling,

If anyone has seen an acre of building land for £250k, I'd be interested to see it.

I'm always looking at land values and haven't come across anything anywhere near this ball-park. T'would be nice though.

Guest KingCharles1st

In the current climate, I see little chance of Greenfield getting planning.

What they ought to do is give the country a 24 month window of ANYONE being able to submit any planning for ANYtHING, just to see what exactly it is that people wish to build, and where.

It would be an extremely interesting exercise ...

If you stand quietly near a weed-grown development site and listen very hard you can hear the price falling,

:P

Guest Steve Cook
In the current climate, I see little chance of Greenfield getting planning.

What they ought to do is give the country a 24 month window of ANYONE being able to submit any planning for ANYtHING, just to see what exactly it is that people wish to build, and where.

It would be an extremely interesting exercise ...

What a brilliant idea KC

Edited by Steve Cook

Noel, that is probably the best piece of info I've seen on here. Not in a bearish way that house prices will mirror this drop but as a sign from a more perfect market.

If anyone has seen an acre of building land for £250k, I'd be interested to see it.

I'm always looking at land values and haven't come across anything anywhere near this ball-park. T'would be nice though.

An acre? Isn't that 4,000 sqm? Why do you need so much?

I live on about 600sqm. and manage to grow quite a bit of food, no room for a tennis court though. If I needed more land I'd buy agricultural land for around 5 or 6K an acre.

An acre? Isn't that 4,000 sqm? Why do you need so much?

I live on about 600sqm. and manage to grow quite a bit of food, no room for a tennis court though. If I needed more land I'd buy agricultural land for around 5 or 6K an acre.

You're not allowed to build a tennis court on agricultural land.... Viz Anthea..... :P

So can we expect house values to follow? Or isn't there a link between land values and property prices?

yes there is a direct correlation.

they called it the japanese land crash, rather than housing crash. There is a graph I used to use for exactly this point, which showed japanese land prices dropped a maximum of 90% from 1990, & still haven't recovered today.

japan-land-prices-update-2008-11-rgb-176-10-10.png

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

in the last year the price of land for residential development:

prime London areas fallen 45 per cent

Scottish greenfield land is off 36 per cent

In the West Midlands, urban land has fallen 54 per cent, greenfield land there is down 45 per cent

In one year. Fantastic.

If nobody is there to listen, do prices still fall grasshopper?

You're not allowed to build a tennis court on agricultural land.... Viz Anthea..... :P

But, what are the rules regarding turning agricultural land to allotment land (single unit)?

If developers buy at cheap prices build, sell at cheap prices, this'll help the crash. No?

Hopefully, some of the moth balled sites will start being developed again.

Planning laws are ludicrous. Lge detatched houses with gardens simply do not get built anymore - completely gone.... WHY? People could move into more of these - freeing up smaller gaffs lower down the scale.....

But, what are the rules regarding turning agricultural land to allotment land (single unit)?

That sounds like turning agricultural land into agricultural land. I don't think they'd allow that!

I'm going to a training session on planning issues next tuesday and I'll ask there. (I'm on our local Parish council's planning commitee)

That sounds like turning agricultural land into agricultural land. I don't think they'd allow that!

I'm going to a training session on planning issues next tuesday and I'll ask there. (I'm on our local Parish council's planning commitee)

Many thanks, would be really grateful if you PM me if I miss the thread over the next week or so.

Also interested in market garden rules.

Guest Parry

Fvck me!!!

You guys are letting some little council w@nkers tell you if you can plant a few rows of seeds.

The UK is total bo!!ox. :angry:

Just plant the feckin' veg, ffs!

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

Fvck me!!!

You guys are letting some little council w@nkers tell you if you can plant a few rows of seeds.

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

Got to plan, and agree it is ******.

Thinking along the like of part managed allotments and the like. Hobby farming for the proles, I reckon they'll need it. Small investment in equipment and you can take most of the drudge out of allotments (apart form the weeding). Finding a polot with a water supply / catchment area /storage area would not be easy, put in a carp pond and pump, that sort of thing.

Fvck me!!!

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

I think I'm right in saying that any vegetables will be subject to an ugliness test. All vegetables that fall below band UR 3 must be screened by a flowering border.

Guest Parry
Got to plan, and agree it is ******.

Thinking along the like of part managed allotments and the like. Hobby farming for the proles, I reckon they'll need it. Small investment in equipment and you can take most of the drudge out of allotments (apart form the weeding). Finding a polot with a water supply / catchment area /storage area would not be easy, put in a carp pond and pump, that sort of thing.

Any help you need Mikey, give me a shout over email.

YOU CANNOT LET THESE LITTLE HITLER'S STARVE YOU TO DEATH, BRITAIN! Really is no place for all these rules now. If they want a job, they should be learning (quickly) how to help people do this stuff and encouraging it. Then they'd be useful.

Sounds like a good idea, Bruv. Yes waters the biggie. I'm putting 3 more of those Thai jars in next week. Only £14 each. Hold 1500 litres and look great. They're fed from the roof gutters of the house. The next 3 will connect via HDPE pipe at the base so as the one fills up it fills the other too. I'll send pics when I've done it.

You could use similar and make a sort of tension tent arrangement to capture the water.

Guest Parry
I think I'm right in saying that any vegetables will be subject to an ugliness test. All vegetables that fall below band UR 3 must be screened by a flowering border.

Bonkers, probably true.

:lol:

Mr P, cheers M8.

Was thinking hill run-off maybe, clay-lined pond, good to store where it cannot be evaporated away - the pots sound good for your situation.

Just mulling a few ideas at the moment.

Edited by OnlyMe