House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

The Risks Of A Double-dip, W-shaped Recession May Be Growing

Forget about 'V' for victory, this recession is more of a wobbly 'W'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business...-w-1711258.html

When the banks, HMRC and workers run out of cash and patience, we will see a wave of bankruptcies and redundancies. It will be exacerbated by the trend to higher interest rates that will begin next year. The concept of "crowding out" may soon become fashionable again, as the state bids up the price of funds and leaves the private sector hungry. Inflation may spike. Then we should be at the bottom of our second U. The economy will have run out of sticks to beat companies with. By this point, the weak pound may even have yielded some export gains and a second leg of recovery can begin.

The last stroke of our W will thus be incredibly wobbly, but the real question is the one you might ask a child learning their alphabet: What comes after W?

Forget about 'V' for victory, this recession is more of a wobbly 'W'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business...-w-1711258.html

For those of us who believe that the recession is going to be W-shaped, now is a good time to take stock. W, remember, stands for "wobbly" – precisely what this recovery is turning out to be. Indeed you might even call it a "Wecovery".

Not bad.. but I think our Recovereh has a better ring to it

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials...6/20/2003446613

Apparently next year it is going to get worse.

There is no question of this now and there is no 'may' about it-we will be very lucky indeed to see any real stabilisation let alone 'green shoots' by well into 2012.

No mention of when the World ends though.

No, I think Roubini is far too bullish of late...

Edited by stonethecrows

Considering this thread here;

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=80318

How can the UK recover?

Keep saying this recession is the ideal time to re-engineer the way the UK lives. Not social engineering, just engineering. Not political, simply technical.

Times running out.

Do you mean "making things"? If so what, and who do we sell them to? If you don't mean that, what do you mean?

Guest Parry
Do you mean "making things"? If so what, and who do we sell them to? If you don't mean that, what do you mean?

Power stations, nuclear ones

Solar water heating on roofs, so thyne may shower without shiver

Agriculture, so thyne may feed

Reservoirs (SE England has less water per capita than Syria), so thyne may drink and wash

Real public transport, so thyne may be without motor car

Proper recycling and waste management/resource recovery

Take a look at Denmark.

Feel free to add a few . . .

Reservoirs (SE England has less water per capita than Syria), so thyne may drink and wash

Take a look at Denmark.

Don't think there can be anymore. Youv'e just spent all the money :lol:

I'm not really in the "right place" to add more to be honest. I don't have the answers. If the people who are clever don't know, then what chance do I have? As 50% deposit once said, " it's late, and I can't catch up. There aren't enough keys on my keyboard"

Guest Parry
Don't think there can be anymore. Youv'e just spent all the money :lol:

I'm not really in the "right place" to add more to be honest. I don't have the answers. If the people who are clever don't know, then what chance do I have? As 50% deposit once said, " it's late, and I can't catch up. There aren't enough keys on my keyboard"

Oh I didn't spend any of the money, or borrow any. Those kunts spent mine . . . on bankers and crooked politicians.

I'm a bitter?

Fvckin' right I am.

Real talent in the UK, real talent. Wasted.

Edited by Parry

Oh I didn't spend any of the money, or borrow any. Those kunts spent mine . . . on bankers and crooked politicians.

I'm a bitter?

Fvckin' right I am.

Real talent in the UK, real talent. Wasted.

I meant youv'e spent all the money on those new things. Power stations and so on.

Bitter? Yes. I was even before recent events. I wish I wasn't. I wish I had known that it's all a game. Messed up big time, and can't undo things. Still, maybe one day.

Guest Parry
I meant youv'e spent all the money on those new things. Power stations and so on.

Bitter? Yes. I was even before recent events. I wish I wasn't. I wish I had known that it's all a game. Messed up big time, and can't undo things. Still, maybe one day.

Right, but money is all BS. Power stations and a decent supply of carrots ain't.

Me too, brother.

I've resurrected what I can from a failed marriage recently. Whaddaya gonna do? We pick up the pieces and we move on.

Take a look at Denmark.

Agree. Shame they've given all the money to the banks instead.

Take a look at Denmark.

Too late, the Dear Leader has plundered our future earnings on bailing out banks, expanding the civil service, "doing the right things" and "helping hard-working families"

Making things? pah

At least we have 10 years of stealth tax and financial penalties for falling foul of ever more complex beuracracy to look forward to whilst paying all this back

Edited by pete.hpc

Guest Parry
Too late, the Dear Leader has plundered our future earnings on bailing out banks, expanding the civil service, "doing the right things" and "helping hard-working families"

Making things? pah

At least we have 10 years of stealth tax and financial penalties for falling foul of ever more complex beuracracy to look forward to whilst paying all this back

Paying it back how, Pete? With what? Doing what? How? Without energy etc.

Tax doesn't have to be taxing. Especially if there's nothing to tax.

Guest Parry
What the Dear Leader giveth with one hand, he taketh with the other ;)

There'll be nothing to take. With a failing infrastructure you cannot create wealth. The UK's still reliant on the efforts of Ismbard Kingdom Brunel and a few rickety power stations knocked together in the 60's and 70's.

Edited by Parry

There'll be nothing to take. With a failing infrastructure you cannot create wealth. The UK's still reliant on the efforts of Ismbard Kingdom Brunel and a few rickety power stations knocked together in the 60's and 70's.

That would be funny if it wasn't so true. :lol:

Guest Parry
That would be funny if it wasn't so true. :lol:

I'm angry about this today, winkie.

It's all been so unnecessary. The social, political and economic raping of the UK. It has so many competent people there. Get these power crazed b@stards out the way and give those who can and care a real chance to make it good again.

Take a look at Denmark.

Nearly didn't recognise you there, you've lost a bit of weight.

Invest now for future resources................

Tree planting on a MASSIVE scale. (could be done v. cheaply through the prison system.)

Looking at google maps, it's scary to see the lack of forests we have.

Guest Parry
Nearly didn't recognise you there, you've lost a bit of weight.

Invest now for future resources................

Tree planting on a MASSIVE scale. (could be done v. cheaply through the prison system.)

Looking at google maps, it's scary to see the lack of forests we have.

That's right, Kara.

No need for the prison system to be involved. That's how they escape. But get those lazy b@stards away from Trishy or whatever the fvck it's called, daytime TV and get 'em planting. It's fun and good exercise.

That's right, Kara.

No need for the prison system to be involved. That's how they escape. But get those lazy b@stards away from Trishy or whatever the fvck it's called, daytime TV and get 'em planting. It's fun and good exercise.

Perfect - Work for your benefits. If you don't turn up to plant trees, you don;t get paid. Simple. It's what I used to do when I had a gardening business.

I'm sure even those on incapacity could be usefull, maybe in nurseries or something.

Only you'll have civil liberties/human rights campaigners all over it.

Oh, and imagine the legal expenses once those lazy b'tards realise they can sue for a bad back because of the manual labour.

Guest Parry
Perfect - Work for your benefits. If you don't turn up to plant trees, you don;t get paid. Simple. It's what I used to do when I had a gardening business.

I'm sure even those on incapacity could be usefull, maybe in nurseries or something.

Only you'll have civil liberties/human rights campaigners all over it.

Oh, and imagine the legal expenses once those lazy b'tards realise they can sue for a bad back because of the manual labour.

Correct!

Refreshing!

It's fun planting trees.