House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Famous, Rich And Homeless...

There have been two cases of this in sunny Bournemouth in the last two months. One ended in the death of a homeless man, and murder charges have been laid against those in custody. Police are still hunting the culprits in the other case.

Attacks on the homeless by group of young late-night drunks are far from uncommon.

A sad reflection on the yoof of today. Feckers.

Guest Parry
Sure, PR can be extremely disheartening.

I've spend years and years writing about toothpaste, hotels, wind turbines, cars, solicitors...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thing is, the good money traps you once you've established a good reputation. But once you get to the stage when you feel like puking when it's time to write another news release...

That's what happens to me. They chase me round the globe. Can't escape. Yes, I've been designing this boring tretment facility and it makes me physically sick now.

That's what happens to me. They chase me round the globe. Can't escape. Yes, I've been designing this boring tretment facility and it makes me physically sick now.

Time for a bit of farming yourself Parry? I'd be tempted head off to E Europe or France if you want to get a good commercial return on your land investment.

Guest Parry
Time for a bit of farming yourself Parry? I'd be tempted head off to E Europe or France if you want to get a good commercial return on your land investment.

Shovelling manure tomorrow. Making organic 'teas'. Also going to try out Effective Micro-organisms for the laugh. Fertiliser costs are mental here now and I want to go organic. Many, many rai of rice, rubber, potato, sugar . . . Much hard work this week, starting to rain a bit more now. Drainage work to do, but might get a 360 on self-drive for a day or two.

Need more piggy poo. That's what I need right now or chicken poo even better.

just had an idea when parliment shuts for its 6 weeks summer hols all the m.ps should be thrown out on the street with a tenner in their pocket then they can really see what its like to struggle , this might help them create some humility and do the right when it comes to their wages /expenses etc hey we could also throw some bankers in , and company ceo's just to make it interesting what do you think ?

Do you think they would claim the tenner as expenses?

Left to right: Annabel Croft, Bruce Jones, Hardeep Singh Kohli, Rosie Boycott and Marquis of Blandford all participated in the documentary

ffs......famous.

an ageing tennis player, a shitty actor from coronation street, a jubbly 10 minute tv filler, journalist rosie boycot ?, & the marquis of blandford. :lol::lol::lol:

they are accompanied by a film crew so everyone knows they are being filmed, hardly getting a 'real' feel for the street now are they.

sensationalism at best.....

10 days of playing poor while being tailed by bodyguards and a cameraman, on a background of altered police behaviour?

Very authentic.

Let me know when someone tries this life covertly, making their own video diary.

And in January.

Shovelling manure tomorrow. Making organic 'teas'. Also going to try out Effective Micro-organisms for the laugh. Fertiliser costs are mental here now and I want to go organic. Many, many rai of rice, rubber, potato, sugar . . . Much hard work this week, starting to rain a bit more now. Drainage work to do, but might get a 360 on self-drive for a day or two.

Need more piggy poo. That's what I need right now or chicken poo even better.

For more on organic rice farming with ducks...

These guys have done some v interesting research: http://www.searca.org/web/

http://www.searca.org/web/e_library/asian%...02)/tanveer.pdf.

Edited by gruffydd

Left to right: Annabel Croft, Bruce Jones, Hardeep Singh Kohli, Rosie Boycott and Marquis of Blandford all participated in the documentary

Only really knew Croft out of that lot.

Bruce Jones I see is the actor who played Les Battersby in Coronation Street (although now sacked it seems).

Rosie Boycott I would have assumed to be the wife of cricketer Geoff.

Marquis of Blandford (a convicted tea leaf I see from Google).

What a shower. An absolute shower!

terry_thomas.jpg

I heard on the radio recently that homelessness figures are falling as more btl landlords are prepared to accept dss tenants, who are producing good rent levels...any struggling btl landlord could do worse than set themselves up as a social housing provider

Only really knew Croft out of that lot.

Bruce Jones I see is the actor who played Les Battersby in Coronation Street (although now sacked it seems).

Rosie Boycott I would have assumed to be the wife of cricketer Geoff.

Marquis of Blandford (a convicted tea leaf I see from Google).

What a shower. An absolute shower!

terry_thomas.jpg

I will no doubt watch it though BOD.

ps, I see you have kept the avatar. I like it. I think it really suits your on-line virtually personality. :D

One of the nicest adhoc conversations I have ever struck up with anyone was with a homeless women. She was in her mid 50's trying to cadge a fag of me. I gave her the end of the one I was smoking as it was my last one. She was very grateful and we started talking. She said it was unusual for someone to give her time of day but I was bought up to treat everyone with respect as long as they were being respectful to me.

She was clearly intelligent despite being slightly drunk and very articulate. I asked her how she had ended up on the streets and of course she said it was to do with the drink. I asked if she had family she said yes but she would never want them to see her like she was or embarrass them so she kept away. She had a boyfriend another homeless man and she said that made things easier for her and that he was a good man even though he gave her a slap every now and again.

She told me about her earlier life, good family, good education, good job, but how her addiction led her to where she was. The most amazing thing is she didn't seem bitter and had a lot of compassion for others she felt were less better of than herself.

My heart broke for her she didn't ask me for any thing else ie money and actually thanked me for having a conversation with her. She said it was hard living on the streets but not being treated as a human being by others was the hardest thing. I felt very humbled by the experience and very lucky in my own life.

Good post, 'fookwit', imo.

But I would have to disagree with the 'of course' for the reason for her being homeless being to do with drink . It is easy to become homeless for a large number of reasons, which have nothing to do with drink or drugs. I used to work with homeless people, and I went on courses about the causes etc.

One of the nicest adhoc conversations I have ever struck up with anyone was with a homeless women. She was in her mid 50's trying to cadge a fag of me. I gave her the end of the one I was smoking as it was my last one. She was very grateful and we started talking. She said it was unusual for someone to give her time of day but I was bought up to treat everyone with respect as long as they were being respectful to me. .

Long ago when I was a student in London I went to the cash machine in Islington hoping there was still a fiver in my account. No such luck and I sat on a bench nearby having no cigarettes. A homeless Scots guy in his fifities sat down and asked for a cigarette. I said I had none and explained that I was broke. We had a chat and I wish I could remember the slang he used for begging. Anyway he said Euston Station was one of his best spots for begging and sometimes he could make 5 pounds in an hour (this was in the '80s). Anyway as I set off home he gave me a few cigarettes as I was broke.

I would always give cigarettes to genuine homeless people, but would not give to the fake homeless sitting with their duvet etc.

Sure, PR can be extremely disheartening.

I've spend years and years writing about toothpaste, hotels, wind turbines, cars, solicitors...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thing is, the good money traps you once you've established a good reputation. But once you get to the stage when you feel like puking when it's time to write another news release...

So YOU are the one ....!

writing these VI press releases, picked up and recited verbatum by lazy media hacks. :lol:

Writing "property only goes up" "green shoots" and "time to buy" "right thing to do" all the time, must drive you mad!

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

I want to live like common people

I want to do whatever common people do,

I want to sleep with common people

I want to sleep with common people like you.

Well what else could I do?

Stand down wind for a start.

Saw the first of these and found it interesting viewing, but most of the "contestants" being somewhat sycophantic - I'd much rather they followed real homeless people. Anyroad, the first programme was spent with them spending 3 days begging for money. I believe it is possible for the homeless to claim unemployment benefit and physically pick up payment from the DSS (DWP?) rather than have a cheque sent to an address but could anyone enlighten me as to why they don't seem to and why there was no mention of this on the programme?

Guest Parry
Saw the first of these and found it interesting viewing, but most of the "contestants" being somewhat sycophantic - I'd much rather they followed real homeless people. Anyroad, the first programme was spent with them spending 3 days begging for money. I believe it is possible for the homeless to claim unemployment benefit and physically pick up payment from the DSS (DWP?) rather than have a cheque sent to an address but could anyone enlighten me as to why they don't seem to and why there was no mention of this on the programme?

Hmmm . . . .

Was there not a thread here a few days ago about billions of pounds in unclaimed benefits and the big concern over how it would bust the UK out, sooner. When not if.

I watched this and thought it was very good.

But that Les Battersby was a bit of a prat when he returned home he wanted his family to feel sorry for him for

the ordeal he went through.

But I cant help but think if I was homeless I would break into one of these empty luxury apartments and squat.

Guest Parry
I watched this and thought it was very good.

But that Les Battersby was a bit of a prat when he returned home he wanted his family to feel sorry for him for

the ordeal he went through.

But I cant help but think if I was homeless I would break into one of these empty luxury apartments and squat.

I wondered how you got that £2million penthouse in Westminster :o

I wondered how you got that £2million penthouse in Westminster :o

I am glad they didnt get hold of details of my expenses.

But I still maintain that claiming for prostitutes and drugs is a legitimate expense and I wasnt breaking any rules.