House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Motor Racing And Wimbledon

You turn on the radio.

One one side another 'interview' with a sullen and inarticulate Scotsman called Andy Murray. Tennis matches, it seems, are unfortunately imminent in London.

Plink, plink..plink, plink.. 'Love....forteh..'

On another channel the 'sport' of motor racing. A screaming cacophany of noise, as kidults race round and round in some bizarre, over-sized Scalectrix game. Noise, smoke and constant references to somebody with the extraordinary name of Jenson Button.

Polluting, wasteful, and essentially ridiculous.

Isn't it time both these nonsenses were removed from the airwaves, and from British culture?

Guest skullingtonjoe
You turn on the radio.

One one side another 'interview' with a sullen and inarticulate Scotsman called Andy Murray. Tennis matches, it seems, are unfortunately imminent in London.

Plink, plink..plink, plink.. 'Love....forteh..'

On another channel the 'sport' of motor racing. A screaming cacophany of noise, as kidults race round and round in some bizarre, over-sized Scalectrix game. Noise, smoke and constant references to somebody with the extraordinary name of Jenson Button.

Polluting, wasteful, and essentially ridiculous.

Isn't it time both these nonsenses were removed from the airwaves, and from British culture?

Has anyone heard the new `Andrew Murreee` anthem? Feck me I just wanna nuke Scotland every time I hear this crud!! :o:unsure::(;):lol::rolleyes: :angry: (On the other hand, Murray`s going to need some dosh for his hair replacement therapy once he starts turning into a slaphead - I know, I have seen the signs (the top of his hair seems more wavy than the sides; a sure sign of impending hair loss!)) :unsure:

The less I see of this surly Hibernian Murray the better.

I suffer the triumphalist hectoring of Hamish McTavish on here; get Brown's ******** everytime I turn on the box, and even that bloody gym owner Duncan McDragon's Den is all over the radio!

Is there no end to these pestilent Scots?

Guest skullingtonjoe
The less I see of this surly Hibernian Murray the better.

I suffer the triumphalist hectoring of Hamish McTavish on here; get Brown's ******** everytime I turn on the box, and even that bloody gym owner Duncan McDragon's Den is all over the radio!

Is there no end to these pestilent Scots?

I would say that being miserable and surly were Scottish preserves, were it not for great exceptions such as Billy Connolly and Rab C Nesbitt! :lol:

I would say that being miserable and surly were Scottish preserves, were it not for great exceptions such as Billy Connolly and Rab C Nesbitt! :lol:

Is that pub and estate in the sitcom Still Game typical of the way they live?

Guest skullingtonjoe
It's football that should be banned.

A ridiculous example of trivia-elevated-to-religion that softens peoples brains.

+1: football is so fu<king bogus, and the players get paid outrageous salaries just for kicking a ball around. Even worse are the dumb motherfu<kers who pay to watch that shit. About the only thing I`ve got any time for seems to be snooker (and that makes me even more sad maybe).

Can`t we have interesting sports (like female beach volleyball - love the uniforms!) :lol::P

It's football that should be banned.

A ridiculous example of trivia-elevated-to-religion that softens peoples brains.

An ugly game for ugly people.