House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Brown 'plans To Quit Before Next Election To Avoid Humiliating Defeat'

Guest pioneer31

If he does leave before the Election, Mr Brown will not be short of job offers. Despite his unpopularity in Britain, his economic skills have won him international plaudits

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I suppose Harold Shipman won much acclaim too in his day

Yes, if he actually now realises this (perhaps the therapy is working) then why bother staying.

that one eyed f*ckwit broooon couldnt win in a lucky dip. hope he remembers to turn the lights out and shut the door on the way out.he has to do his bit for the enviroment. WHAT A TOSSER !

I think the liberal establishment needs to blame Brown for the serious economic problems, because if its not Brown and instead is the ruling ideology of modern Britain then the country is nearing political revolution. The ruling consensus of the elites includes free trade, expansive government spending, feminism, mass immigration, finance capitalism at the center of the free economy..

I think Brits will vote for the Tories and hope Cameron can turn things around. But if he isn't able to and things continue to fall apart, then that ruling consensus will come under attack.

that one eyed f*ckwit broooon couldnt win in a lucky dip. hope he remembers to turn the lights out and shut the door on the way out.he has to do his bit for the enviroment. WHAT A TOSSER !

Welcome diggerman and thanks for your incredibly rare insight.

his achievements include

Leaving the UK bankrupt (what did we expect under a Labour government)

Huge despondency with politics and parliament.

Huge rise in support for the far right.

I'd almost believe he's intentionally destructive

The delusion of this dictator continues

He's obviously going before the election, but is staying on now like a petulant child to make some sort of point to the electorate and Labour party

Psychopathic scumbag

His exit, starting with the interview yesterday, is now being carefully orchestrated by Mandy probably, to ensure maximum Blair-like earnings after he leaves

Yet he's just another public sector, autistic bully who wouldn't rise above floor sweeper in the private sector

He was softening the public up to the prospect with yesterday's empathy-fest.

28/28 of the comments below the article imploring him to GO NOW!! I'm not a statistician but I would take that as implying that his tactic isn't working.

that one eyed f*ckwit broooon couldnt win in a lucky dip.

Lot's of people couldn't win in a lucky dip, that's why you need to be lucky.

"Couldn't win against a one legged man in an **** kicking contest" perhaps?

Much as "Inspector Gordeaux" should be punished for what he's allowed to happen to the economy (and people's livelihoods) I fear that the alternative lot will not be any better. Remember the Tories were calling for more de-regulation until fairly recently. Can anyone really see them implementing policies that will lead to house prices stagnating or falling in the long term? To be fair, they could have the most enlightened policies in the world, but they're handicapped by having to appeal to the general public (not posters here obviously), who believe that rising house prices are a good sign, and that buying a house is a surefire good investment. :(

Not interested in 'the trappings of power', but spent a decade obsesively jealous of Blair's Prime Ministerial position.

I think he believed in his own hype re the economy, just happened to be right place - right time.

Much as "Inspector Gordeaux" should be punished for what he's allowed to happen to the economy (and people's livelihoods) I fear that the alternative lot will not be any better. Remember the Tories were calling for more de-regulation until fairly recently. Can anyone really see them implementing policies that will lead to house prices stagnating or falling in the long term? To be fair, they could have the most enlightened policies in the world, but they're handicapped by having to appeal to the general public (not posters here obviously), who believe that rising house prices are a good sign, and that buying a house is a surefire good investment. :(

Government debt is so high there s nothing they can do to prop up teh housing market. Tax raises, interest brate rises and cuts in spend are the order of the day.