House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Warwick

Mps Roll Out The Old Excuse Of "the System Made Me Do It!"

The usual excuse for a children when caught red-handed doing something that they ought not to be doing is "He / She / They told me to do it!"

Our MPs have been caught and are still trotting out the excuse

"The system made me do it. If I had been required to give in receipts for sums less than £250 I would not have claimed dishonestly."

When I heard this one trotted out today on the car radio I nearly crashed as I could hardly see through the red mist that had descended on me. I could not believe that although this expenses scandle has now been going on for so long, they could still be trotting out this bu ll sh$t. They show utter contempt to the electorate.

I am glad the police have eventually got involved. They need to act against every one of those scumbags, not just a select few. I also believe that when they are under criminal investigation they should be barred from political activity and have salary and expenses stopped.

In terms of the civil side I maintain that anyone else would have been sacked for what they have done. I have seen people sacked for stealing goods worth pennies, so why not this bunch of corrupt theives.

Thoughts please and any ideas for suitable punishments.

Thoughts please and any ideas for suitable punishments.

as they behave like schoolochildren,we need to devise some kind of chastisement suitably becoming of their demeanour.

I suggest that in future all MP's should be legally required to attend the houses of parliament in edwardian-style school dress!!!....and attendance should be required by public transportation so as to avoid undue congestion in the heart of the metropolis!

ie....males in shorts+caps

females in modestly below-the-knee skirts and bonnets.

all in a suitable colour......like fluorescent pink :lol:

"As soon as I saw what I'd been up to, I knew the speaker had to go" MATT 20/5

Lynne Jones MP for Selly Oak bought '11 rolls of St Antoine wallpaper at £63.99/roll' talk about papering over the cracks.

These people are taking the pi$$ and obfuscate at ever opportunity backed by the civil servents around them, the whole establishment has to go - they've been caught. They cannot be 'un-caught' nor can they 'build trust'.

WAKE UP BRITAIN!!!!

As for punishment let em meet their constituency public once in a while rather than hide behind TV/radio or ivory towers. Even better, introduce PR and watch the political landscape change overnight (Labour won last election with a massive majority with around 21% of the popular vote!!!). Labour and Tory hate PR so I say give it to em both barrels.