House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest joeschmo

Wimpey Calls The Bottom At 20% Off Peak

There are still substantial risks. Unemployment is rising, while mortgage finance is hard to come by and getting more expensive — banks were busy this week lifting the price of fixed-rate mortgage deals. Anyone with a deposit of less than 20 per cent still struggles to find a decently priced loan.

Nice bit of 'bear reality' blowing a hole in the middle of this pathetic attempt to ramp the market by a desperate VI who almost saw his company go bust last year .......

The sales rate has improved to one buyer every 12 days, which is still below normal levels but almost respectable. Even in the boom times, it was not much higher than one every nine days. Fewer buyers are cancelling and the order book is growing.

Recovery marches on.

winesmiley.gif

Thats quite a good "where to pick up a cheap holiday home" site. Notice that the UK data has not been updated since last Novemeber though?

Make your own mind up about what information is put in front of you...do you need an update when reality is all around for you to see with your own eyes. ;)

Guest joeschmo
Make your own mind up about what information is put in front of you...do you need an update when reality is all around for you to see with your own eyes. ;)

I do, its just that I prefer to base my investment decisions on data that is not 8 months old, thats all ;)

Edited by joeschmo

Recovery marches on.
The sales rate has improved to one buyer every 12 days, which is still below normal levels but almost respectable. Even in the boom times, it was not much higher than one every nine days. Fewer buyers are cancelling and the order book is growing.

I love the quotes of sales per estate agency as an attempt to prove the market has recovered. As this article states the rate of sales isn't even back to "normal" levels, let alone adjusted for the number of estate agents that have closed in the last 12 months. Another cr@p VI indicator.

I do, its just that I prefer to base my investment decisions on data that is not 8 months old, thats all ;)

Investment in property died a death 8 months ago...I suggest you invest in yourself. ;)

Guest KingCharles1st

maybe its the time of year they have to enter some sort of shareholder report?

Guest happy?

Wimpey should stick to selling beefburgers - they evidently know little about the property market.

The best that can be said is that pumping billions into the western economies has arrested the decline. Whether that decline has finished is another question entirely.