House Price Crash Forum
Confounded

Post Your Favourite Charts Here

Posted by Free Trader in THIS THREAD:

In the light of the annual GDP revision I've updated the graphic that shows the slight miss the BoE made with its growth predictions in the May 08 Inflation Report.

IRGDPfan0508X2.gif

Posted by Free Trader in THIS THREAD:

IRGDPfan0508X2.gif

Cheers YellerKat

anther one from that thread, and as pointed out by FreeTrader it is understating Qrt 3 and Q4 08 which have been revised down significantly.

_45990468_gdp_growth_466.gif

Here is a graph from "Households Below Average Income An analysis of the income distribution 1994/95 – 2007/08"

IncDist0708.gif

BHC=Before Housing Costs

I haven't got the raw data, if anyone can find it I'd be interested in the mean of the top 70% of earners as 70% of households are owner occupied and 30% rented.

post-19826-1246365411_thumb.png

Here is a graph from "Households Below Average Income An analysis of the income distribution 1994/95 – 2007/08"

IncDist0708.gif

BHC=Before Housing Costs

I haven't got the raw data, if anyone can find it I'd be interested in the mean of the top 70% of earners as 70% of households are owner occupied and 30% rented.

I'd also like to know if those earnings are pre tax or not

IncDist0708.gif

BHC=Before Housing Costs

Just roughly, it looks like the mean of the bottom 30% is about £190pw. Since the mean of all 100% is £487pw, this would make the mean of the top 70% = (£487-£190*30%)/70% = £614pw, or £31,900pa. I believe these figures are after tax, so using the Prudential tax calculator (http://www.pru.co.uk/guides_tools/calcs/income_tax/) this equates to a mean gross annual income of about £43,500 for the top 70%.

you obviously work for the Halifax

Not saying it's a meaningful number, just doing the sums! Previous HPCs have bottomed out nationally at 3.5x mean gross single income of all adults (currently 3.5 x £25k = about £90k) and I see no reason why this one will be any different.

Guys can we keep it to just charts rather than discussion.

Mods is it possible to remove none chart post or is this too much trouble, do not want to disrespect people discussion but I think it would maintain the threads integrity if it was just charts.

Thanks so much. I always loved this chart (from Prechter) and could never find it online to show it here. As Prechter points out, so called "cheap stocks" at the moment, are still out beyond Mars on this chart using simple old "dyed-in-the-wool" valuation methods.

They're priced way beyond 1929 boom times, never mind for a crash! (Look where the '87 boom is for example.) A long way to go. (Just like houses.)

No probs , Prechter certainly knows his onons!, and i am a disciple of E waves

dj2h.jpg

Does anyone have a chart which shows our housing bubble compared to the U.S bubble? I'm interested in seeing how much bigger ours was. Thanks. ;)

Does anyone have a chart which shows our housing bubble compared to the U.S bubble? I'm interested in seeing how much bigger ours was. Thanks. ;)

Yup, and OZ too:

housepricesaust_us_uk_sep08.gif