House Price Crash Forum

Brown Admits To Leadership Deficiency

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8110443.stm

Ok, so now we're supposed to feel sorry and appreciate the soft side, but let's for a moment suspend any cynicism and treat the statement as if it is all honest.

The article says;

During two interviews he gave the Guardian earlier this month, Mr Brown also said he wished he had imposed a tougher regulatory regime on the banking system, but said he "didn't want Britain to be outside the mainstream".

He also said he had been under heavy pressure to deregulate further, and acknowledged that he "didn't know a lot about" banks buying up sub-prime mortgages during his period as chancellor.

But, he added, the global nature of modern banking meant such behaviour would "continue to happen".

He may not know it, but Leadership in any environment means not following others; it;s about forming ones own vision of what is desirable and pursuing that. You can't lead by wanting to be mainstream. Can anyone imagine that quote coming from Thatcher? Whether you agree with her or not, most people agree she was motivated by her own vision rarther than wanting to be like everyone else.

His desire not to be outside the mainstream reveals a lack of understanding of what was happening (which he admits to) and therefore no grasp of a distinct direction. This is apalling, it's as if I did a survey of other businesses strategies and opted for the most common one. Pathetic!

Of course he's also admitted to being Chancellor for 10 years without knowing what was going on (!!!!!!), boasting during office about something he now claims he was pressured into, and so on, but we always knew he was incompetent, it's the confession to having the leadership qualitities of a clerk that I wanted to highlight.

Edited by bogbrush

HOLA442
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8110443.stm

Ok, so now we're supposed to feel sorry and appreciate the soft side, but let's for a moment suspend any cynicism and treat the statement as if it is all honest.

The article says;

He may not know it, but Leadership in any environment means not following others; it;s about forming ones own vision of what is desirable and pursuing that. You can't lead by wanting to be mainstream. Can anyone imagine that quote coming from Thatcher? Whether you agree with her or not, most people agree she was motivated by her own vision rarther than wanting to be like everyone else.

His desire not to be outside the mainstream reveals a lack of understanding of what was happening (which he admits to) and therefore no grasp of a distinct direction. This is apalling, it's as if I did a survey of other businesses strategies and opted for the most common one. Pathetic!

Of course he's also admitted to being Chancellor for 10 years without knowing what was going on (!!!!!!), boasting during office about something he now claims he was pressured into, and so on, but we always knew he was incompetent, it's the confession to having the leadership qualitities of a clerk that I wanted to highlight.

Aww diddums........... er I meant w@nker