House Price Crash Forum
HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Gold To Decline, As Investors Move To Property.

Gold May Fall as Investors Leave ‘Cave of Fear,’ Buy Property

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Claudia Carpenter

June 19 (Bloomberg) -- Gold may decline as investors leave a “cave of fear†and buy other assets such as property.

Twelve of 22 traders, investors and analysts surveyed by Bloomberg News, or 55 percent, said bullion would drop next week, the second consecutive negative call. Eight people forecast higher prices and two were neutral. Gold futures for delivery in August were down 0.8 percent for the week, at $933.10 an ounce, as of midday in New York yesterday.

U.S. home resales probably advanced in May for a second consecutive month, the first back-to-back monthly gain since 2005, a Bloomberg News survey of economists showed before a National Association of Realtors report on June 23. Gold rose to an 11-month high in February as investors bought the metal to protect against plunging equities and a deepening recession.

“Investors are coming out of the cave of fear,†Jon Nadler, an analyst at Kitco Metals Inc. in Montreal, wrote in an e-mail. The company refines scrap metals, supplies jewelers with precious-metals products, and buys and sells investment coins and bars made of gold, silver, platinum and palladium.

The weekly gold survey has forecast prices accurately in 156 of 266 weeks, or 59 percent of the time.

This week's (gold price) survey results: Bullish: 8, Bearish: 12, Neutral: 2

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aDSh2HJnVq4Q

Oh dear, the bear cave is getting emptier by the day.......

Even the Goldbugs are leaving Gold to invest in property.

Bubbles will be soooooooooo upset..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

US houses, which the article appears to be about, aren't nearly as stupidly overvalued as ours - so maybe it makes sense.

they have much better demographics to support house prices too - and more responsive workforce to avoid pro-cyclical house-building patterns.

Now you've gorn and done it Hamish. Even I try to avoid antagonizing the goldbugs.

On your own head be it. :rolleyes:

Now you've gorn and done it Hamish. Even I try to avoid antagonizing the goldbugs.

On your own head be it. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats me, living on the edge...... :D

Besides, Bubbles and Co are such easy targets, it's impossible to resist........ :lol:

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

Who is Dr Bubbles?

Dr Bubb has been telling people to avoid gold recently - if you are talking about him :unsure:

Dr Bubb also says to stay away from property ;)

Thats me, living on the edge...... :D

Besides, Bubbles and Co are such easy targets, it's impossible to resist........ :lol:

given that the UK average house price has fallen from ~700 oz.t to ~200 oz.t, it's pretty f***** obvious that it was a good idea to STR and hold the proceeds in gold.

still, I'd love to see some McTavish-Maths to say otherwise :lol:

Edited by InternationalRockSuperstar

Who is Dr Bubbles?

Dr Bubb has been telling people to avoid gold recently - if you are talking about him :unsure:

Dr Bubb also says to stay away from property ;)

Bubbles has been wrong more times than I have posted......

A goldbug/BTL-er/who knows.... And who cares.....

this is john nadler we're taking about.

he's not exactly in the same league as johnathan cainer when it comes to forecasts,more like mystic meg.

I am no G*ldbug.

All Mr B's entries seem enthusiastically presented and researched.

To be honest, does anyone know what may happen either short term or long term (and if they did, would they post here?)

It is good to see a spread of opinions and views about the way things will/may progress in what appears to be a deep recession/depression.

Tolerance and open minds will best equip most to whatever happens...(However, it does appear to be a historical fact (if indeed this is so) that Gold holds value in the long term - will anyone here be alive to experience this benefit?)

Sadly, I am unable to liquidate my assets (mortgage & job) to test any hypothesis....

Good Karma chaps......YK

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aDSh2HJnVq4Q

Oh dear, the bear cave is getting emptier by the day.......

Even the Goldbugs are leaving Gold to invest in property.

Bubbles will be soooooooooo upset..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ah Gloomberg. I read that yesterday. I do like Gloomberg when I need a laugh. Pwoppitty ? MWAHHHHHAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAHA.

NPML. :lol:

given that the UK average house price has fallen from ~700 oz.t to ~200 oz.t, it's pretty f***** obvious that it was a good idea to STR and hold the proceeds in gold.

Please no - for the love of God, don't encourage him to post any more of his back-of-fag-packet calculations.

They make me come over all queer.

Gold, always believe in your soul

you've got the power to know

always believe..........

Gold.......

:lol: GOM will be along shortly :ph34r::ph34r: systematic collapse blah blah, not this monday, next monday, not this tuesday next tuesday, no I mean a month on tuesday. This will be black tuesday, silver sunday, black monday, happy mondays :lol::ph34r: it's Friday it's crackerjack................

Hamish McSpackish avoided your post.

How predictable :rolleyes:

Another numb-nuts post from McTwatty. Back to your cave of delusion you naughty boy.

Edited by RajD

Guest spp

Now I wonder why they came out with a gold bashing <_<

Dollar looking a bit fragile anyone?? Alt A resets due??

I switched boomberg on for 5mins this afo, right when they went over to some London office, where some nancy was dancing around throwing up some recovery bs!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...in the end I just died with embarrassment...what a tool of a person.

These people make big money decisions...and people wonder why our economy is finished!! :angry:

Sensible informed debate, or childish taunting?

You decide, dear forum readers.

2mr5w79.gif

Who wants to change Hamish's nappy?

The poor thing is so full of sh*t! :lol:

Edited by Kazuya

Desperation sets in amongst the bears.

Love it.

You're the desperate one McBull. Your reply makes no sense, you just felt desperate to make a reply just for the sake of it :lol::rolleyes: