House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Name That Tune...?

It's a female artist. Here's an excerpt of i think the chorus uploaded. Pop track - here it is though on the piano, in name that tune style...

Actually this isn't purely a quiz, i'd quite like to know what the song is, cant remember the title, i think it's fairly last recent, last year or so,

any maestros or Popmasters please ...name that tune

tune1.mp3

if you want to hear it, probably right click 'save as' then open, if you left click you'll prob get an error msg

tune1.mp3

No random words/lines in the chorus that you remember to add to the tune?

not 100 % sure or i could have googled the lyrics easily, she seems to be singing "changes" as the chorus and then i think the word "everything" is in there somewhere, my keybaord pianist skills are not what they were but if someone knows the song then at least the first part there might sound near enough. but with the lyrics it could be that she's singing something else than changes that i just interpreted as changes, you know how it is is with songs like that old tdk commerical for their tapes and The Israelites ("the ears are alight")

It sounds like this to me:

Though this is obviously not by a female artist....

its not but thx for trying

the artist's name (but not the track name) is on the tip of my tongue but i just cant remember, so this ones going to elude me til i hear it on the radio again and its not played often, unless Shazam can identify it from my sample here but i dont think i played it well enough for that or one of you would've recognised it. theres a few hum or sing it sites similar to Shazam but they didn't work, eg Tunatic or Midomi

if ever i feel strong enough i'll have to put Heart on, but really nothing's worth having to sit through their playout for me (its not their presenters its their output style that i cant be bothered with)

she seems to be singing "changes" as the chorus and then i think the word "everything" is in there somewhere,

Now I can't get 'Everything Must Change' by Paul Young out of my head! :angry:

well i tried tagging it using Shazam on my iPhone (the best app ever made), it said "Dans le Transports live" by Thomas Fersen the first time, but didn't tag it the 2nd time i tried...I'm guessing its wrong, and whilst I couldn't find that song anywhere, I did find this on youtube by the same artist, sounds similar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIel5ImMFh0

Edit: P.S. I think dialing 2580 (the 4 buttons down the middle of your phone) also calls Shazam, it listens to the piece of music you're trying to find the name of for about 10 seconds, then hangs up automatically and texts you the result...think its 10p a go, if you've never seen it, try it sometime.

well i tried tagging it using Shazam on my iPhone (the best app ever made), it said "Dans le Transports live" by Thomas Fersen the first time, but didn't tag it the 2nd time i tried...I'm guessing its wrong, and whilst I couldn't find that song anywhere, I did find this on youtube by the same artist, sounds similar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIel5ImMFh0

Edit: P.S. I think dialing 2580 (the 4 buttons down the middle of your phone) also calls Shazam, it listens to the piece of music you're trying to find the name of for about 10 seconds, then hangs up automatically and texts you the result...think its 10p a go, if you've never seen it, try it sometime.

thx but no, nothing like it. the real song has no piano in it, i'm just plonking the keys in the sample. There are a few services like Shazam btw.

the artist in my song sounds a bit like a younger shania twain crossed with gabriella cilmi, but sounds closer to american

I don't have an iPhone so I can't use the app.

I'm trying to name a tune too.

It goes Da-da de doo de dede de-dah -dahdah.

Can anyone help?

is it Sandie Shaw - Downtown ?

:)

try singing it in via Tunatic.com

I don't have an iPhone so I can't use the app.

I'm trying to name a tune too.

It goes Da-da de doo de dede de-dah -dahdah.

Can anyone help?

Yeah, gypsy woman by crystal waters, a very irritating song.

Either that or De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da by The Police.