House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTD

The Moon

The BBC is running a series of programmes to mark the 40th anniversary of the moon landings - or the supposed moon landings, if a certain class of conspiracy theorist is to be believed.

What's the vote?

Did it really happen?

Was it all a fake?

Is there anyone who really believes that it was all staged from a studio in the desert, a la Capricorn One?

We didnt.

But about a dozen Real Men (aided by an army of Real Nerds and an enormous suitcase full of greenbacks) did.

Apparently property prices were astronomical, so they came back again.

Guest Skinty
There is no moon.

Actually there is. It's made out of camembert cheese and smells like Anthea Turner.

Would you want to land men on that??

The BBC is running a series of programmes to mark the 40th anniversary of the moon landings - or the supposed moon landings, if a certain class of conspiracy theorist is to be believed.

What's the vote?

Did it really happen?

Was it all a fake?

Is there anyone who really believes that it was all staged from a studio in the desert, a la Capricorn One?

There are :)

Remember there are members here who believe that Madeleine McCann was kidnapped by the Queen, and that a secret cabal of lizards rule the world.

With 1/200 of the UK suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, you'll have a good numbers of moonbats who think it was faked by "the man".

Guest anorthosite

Yes, we landed on the moon.

The evidence against it is universally based on very poor science, earth-centric thinking and just plain ignorance.

The evidence in favour is overwhelming, but its been discussed before here.

Clearly it was all faked from a studio in Copernicus, by Google.

I saw a documentary about this the other day, I can't believe people don't remember the day that the nuclear fuel dump on the far side of the moon exploded and sent it off into interstellar space.

Played havoc with the tides and those earthquakes!

Poor folk on Moonbase Alpha, doomed to an eternity flying through space, at least they had that nice Commander Koenig.

Wonder if they'll ever be back?

Guest anorthosite
If you were very cynical you might say that the minimum conclusion would be that we dropped the kit off there from an orbiter and then faked the human landing side for some reason.

That wouldn't explain the moon rocks though.

Guest Skinty
I saw a documentary about this the other day, I can't believe people don't remember the day that the nuclear fuel dump on the far side of the moon exploded and sent it off into interstellar space.

Played havoc with the tides and those earthquakes!

Poor folk on Moonbase Alpha, doomed to an eternity flying through space, at least they had that nice Commander Koenig.

Wonder if they'll ever be back?

Wow, was it really ten years ago when that happened? My god time passes quickly doesn't it ...

Perhaps the Mods could start a special heading for the Baco-Brigade!

:lol:

Guest anorthosite
Maybe they stuck loads of Pumice stones together and painted them grey ?

Actually, you can find moon fragments on earth naturally.

Buckers

You can find a few small meteorites, but that's greatly outweighed by the samples brought from the moon.

The samples from the moon are also almost totally devoid of water, something none of the lunar meteorites are thanks to their time spent in earth's atmosphere.

They are also older than most, if not all earth rocks, yet in pristine condition and drenched in isotopes from the solar wind - something meteorites wouldn't be, as their outer surfaces would have been ablated.

Many sample sof soil & volcanic glass didn't come from meteorites as they would have burnt up. They haven't been ground up from larger pieces as some or glass spheres from volcanic activity.

The variety of the rocks suggest it wasn't a random sweep by robots - the fact they found anorthosite (and at this point you might realise I know what I'm talking about) suggests they had trained people working in the field.

Oh, and the oxygen isotope ratios mean they don't come from anywhere but the earth/moon system.

So, that still doesn't explain the moon rocks.

What's the vote?

Did it really happen?

Was it all a fake?

In order

Yes.

No.

Worryingly, yes there are.

Guest anorthosite
Nevermind the Moon, I reckon the Sun landings were faked.

They went at night so it was too dark to film.

Nevermind the Moon, I reckon the Sun landings were faked.

The documentary entitled 'Sunshine' looked pretty damn convincing to me.

Not sure how they got the film back here though. :unsure:

You can find a few small meteorites, but that's greatly outweighed by the samples brought from the moon.

The samples from the moon are also almost totally devoid of water, something none of the lunar meteorites are thanks to their time spent in earth's atmosphere.

They are also older than most, if not all earth rocks, yet in pristine condition and drenched in isotopes from the solar wind - something meteorites wouldn't be, as their outer surfaces would have been ablated.

Many sample sof soil & volcanic glass didn't come from meteorites as they would have burnt up. They haven't been ground up from larger pieces as some or glass spheres from volcanic activity.

The variety of the rocks suggest it wasn't a random sweep by robots - the fact they found anorthosite (and at this point you might realise I know what I'm talking about) suggests they had trained people working in the field.

Oh, and the oxygen isotope ratios mean they don't come from anywhere but the earth/moon system.

So, that still doesn't explain the moon rocks.

Oh, and who told you all this?

Guest anorthosite
Oh, and who told you all this?

Independent scientists from dozens of countries around the world, all of who have studied them. Are they all in on a conspiracy?

Oh, and I've studied some of them myself. I even have a couple of samples of lunar meteorite in my house.

Independent scientists from dozens of countries around the world, all of who have studied them. Are they all in on a conspiracy?

Oh, and I've studied some of them myself. I even have a couple of samples of lunar meteorite in my house.

Whispered aside: Best not to argue with the full-on conspiracy theorists: The best you'll manage is convincing them you're in on the conspiracy. Best just tell them Roj Blake told you it was true, and you can trust him, can't you?

There is no moon.

Not since September 13th, 1999. ;)

With a good telescope you can actually see equipment left behind on the moon

Littering was more of a problem in the 60s.

The faking of the Moon landings carries a terrible inherent risk. If the Russians or Chinese found out about it, the loss to American prestige would have dwarfed Vietnam or Watergate.

Guest anorthosite
Whispered aside: Best not to argue with the full-on conspiracy theorists: The best you'll manage is convincing them you're in on the conspiracy. Best just tell them Roj Blake told you it was true, and you can trust him, can't you?

The conspiracy theorists are such good sport on this subject though, especially as about 99% of the conspiracy theories can be disproved with a bit of common sense. :lol: