House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theboltonfury

This Market Is About Who's Got The Biggest Cajones

Guest theboltonfury

Many people here have taken the plunge to buy, and fair play to them as it's their life - the numbers seem to be rising daily amongst our members. They possibly did it as they feel the bottom has been reached.

Even though we may be facing a few upticks in the figures coming in the next couple of months, now is the time to renew the rental contract and keep the resolve strong.

I am prepared to be mocked a while yet but I am convinced it's the right thing to do. I don't think the housing carnage is over yet.

Many people here have taken the plunge to buy, and fair play to them as it's their life - the numbers seem to be rising daily amongst our members. They possibly did it as they feel the bottom has been reached. Even though we may be facing a few upticks in the figures coming in the next couple of months, now is the time to renew the rental contract and keep the resolve strong. I am prepared to be mocked a while yet but I am convinced it's the right thing to do. I don't think the housing carnage is over yet.

I agree, but your sig gave me pause for thought.

To alter it slightly: "As prices rose, men became aware of the unfairness of life, so they invented "The Crash" to make themselves feel better."

Many people here have taken the plunge to buy, and fair play to them as it's their life - the numbers seem to be rising daily amongst our members. They possibly did it as they feel the bottom has been reached.

Even though we may be facing a few upticks in the figures coming in the next couple of months, now is the time to renew the rental contract and keep the resolve strong.

I am prepared to be mocked a while yet but I am convinced it's the right thing to do. I don't think the housing carnage is over yet.

That's what I've done.

Rental contract runs to June 2010 and I expect to renew, although we may move. Flexibility is one of the benefits of renting :D.

In an absolute peach of a rental paying 20% of joint net income for the pleasure so no complaints here.

It is hard to bear watching features of peak lunacy return to the market but am confident these will prove to be fleeting.

Barring a crack-up-boom, getting the old heave-ho or an affordable "dream home" popping up, me and the mrs are waiting it out.

The right thing to do? That's Gordon's favourite phrase is it not?

I don't think you're that unusual in your views yet, I am also unconvinced by any of the so-called indicators of a recovery, it's just spinning plates to me.

The banks might have been nationalised, the printing presses might be going strong but the inescapable reality is that prices remain unsustainable, even without the rather serious economic problems that have yet to be addressed. If it was all rosy the FTBs would be in nice new slave boxes by now, and the estate agent would once again be king.

That's what I've done.

Rental contract runs to June 2010 and I expect to renew, although we may move. Flexibility is one of the benefits of renting :D.

+1. Recently holidayed in the South Hams and the mood took us to investigate a relocation, it was so nice.

A slight employment wriggle would be all that would be necessary for us to make a dream a reality by summer's end...should the mood take us.....

Guest theboltonfury
The right thing to do? That's Gordon's favourite phrase is it not?

Yes, but when I say it, my jaw doesn't drop down by 4 inches when I am half-way through saying it.

That's what I've done.

I'm VERY upset that you have not added me to your signature!

Edited by Boommonkey

I think the majority of those that have bought have posted that they fully expect further falls. Some don`t like renting, some have pressures from partners. Many however just don`t want to wait further months/years in order to feel settled.

Renting works for many but some just can`t do it for long periods.

I bought at the beginning of the year because I negotiated 32% off the asking price off our dream home when the world looked a lot shitter than it does at the moment. I also STR in August 07 at the peak.

I would never have got into the area we find ourselves in with such a wonderful house had in not been for the downturn.

I have recently stated that we are not even halfway through this shitstorm and the next section of the roller coaster is a steep downwards spiral.

Hold on.....

I think there will be times to buy and times to sit by.

One thing ive noticed is that most of the British populace will take credit if it is offered them, regardless of whether what they invest it in is a good investment or not. The Six months from Sept 08 to Mar 09 presented a good oppurtunity to cash buyers as credit was severly restricted. I think the same will happen this coming winter as bond market jitters continue.

Edited by Sadman

I have changed my status from bear to neither in the last few days.

The reason being is that if you are leveraging there are some very sensible arguments to buy now, sorry to say it and utterly disgusted that the market has in effect been totally fecked over by Gordon.

70's Britain here we come............

Guest theboltonfury
I think the majority of those that have bought have posted that they fully expect further falls. Some don`t like renting, some have pressures from partners. Many however just don`t want to wait further months/years in order to feel settled.

Renting works for many but some just can`t do it for long periods.

I bought at the beginning of the year because I negotiated 32% off the asking price off our dream home when the world looked a lot shitter than it does at the moment. I also STR in August 07 at the peak.

I would never have got into the area we find ourselves in with such a wonderful house had in not been for the downturn.

I have recently stated that we are not even halfway through this shitstorm and the next section of the roller coaster is a steep downwards spiral.

Hold on.....

Yes, you did. I should have added in my OP that people buy for all sorts of reasons, but it just seems the frequencyis at an all time high for here.

I am certainly not one of those types who points fingers and laughs at someone for buying. I like renting as I get more bang for my buck and I am prepared to hold on, even if that means I may miss my opportune moment to buy a place. I too STR in Aug 07, but only for a very small amount of equity.

Everyone is in a different situation.

I'm opting to buy right now, and I know we're not at the bottom yet.

If you were in my situation, you'd buy right now too.

Guest theboltonfury
Everyone is in a different situation.

I'm opting to buy right now, and I know we're not at the bottom yet.

If you were in my situation, you'd buy right now too.

Possibly, but in my situation, definitely not.

Possibly, but in my situation, definitely not.

Can I PM you my SOA, and you can decide for yourself? I'd like to see what another person would do.

Guest theboltonfury
Can I PM you my SOA, and you can decide for yourself? I'd like to see what another person would do.

Of course.

Of course.

So whats the gossip :P

Yes, you did. I should have added in my OP that people buy for all sorts of reasons, but it just seems the frequencyis at an all time high for here.

I am certainly not one of those types who points fingers and laughs at someone for buying. I like renting as I get more bang for my buck and I am prepared to hold on, even if that means I may miss my opportune moment to buy a place. I too STR in Aug 07, but only for a very small amount of equity.

It`s all good.....

I am a bit hypocritical today as I suggest that people hold off from buying at present. If this house did not happen at the discount achieved I would still be following Plan A. I would continue to rent for another year - 18 months.

Opportunity knocks.

I done well from STR (No mortgage) so in effect I won at both ends.

I think some people will also factor in the gravity of the siuation this country finds itself in and could percieve home ownership as a security and a place they can really batton down the hatches, who knows?

Maybe some bought because this inept government is doing all it can to delay the inevitable further capitulation of houseprices and this could play out for years.

I do not doubt Mr Fury that you will get what you want in the end because you are prepared and are happy to sit this out.

Good on you...

That's what I've done.

+1

everytime I get tempted, I spend an evening searching for houses and conclude they are still way overpriced - funny that isn't it - staying put for a while yet

Had a meeting with my Bank Manager yesterday (re: business) - as they know I STR in 2005, they always ask me about my intentions now - for the first time ever the comment was LTSB were expecting continued falls for the next 12 months at least and hence their lending is based on this