House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waitingscot

Prince Charles: House Prices Are Too High - Bloody Cheek

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...irIODprpyVBoKlQ

Charles in warning on house prices

19 hours ago

Property prices are still too high for many despite the market slump, the Prince of Wales has warned.

Charles said although house prices had "fallen slightly recently", countryside homes were still too expensive for many rural workers.

He said: "I hope that the issue of rural affordable housing is more generally recognised and just because house prices may have fallen slightly recently does not mean that this problem has gone away.

"For many people working in the countryside, market rates are out of reach."

People were having to live in towns and commute to their countryside jobs, he said. The Prince was speaking at a reception at Clarence House in London to mark the launch of guidelines urging businesses to help create more affordable rural housing.

The latest guide from his Affordable Rural Housing Initiative (ARHI) argues the time has "never been more critical" for the private sector to help create more homes.

The Prince, recently criticised for intervening to block a building project in London, said there are still too few schemes and they can suffer from a lack of suitable land or finance, or from local opposition.

He launched the ARHI, he told an audience from the planning and housing worlds, after his travels around the country revealed the scale of the rural housing problem to him.

He also stressed the importance of design in housing schemes, warning against those which "not only do nothing for the aesthetics but shout out to all and sundry that they are affordable".

The Prince and the Duke of Westminster launched the ARHI in June 2003, with the aim of engaging the private sector more in creating affordable rural housing. The new guide, Moving forward: further guidance for landowners, businesses and communities, can be found at www.bitc.org.uk/affordablehousing

Copyright © 2009 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

Travels about his estate I think he means. What has he done about property prices on the Isle of Scilly, Devon and Cornwall where he helped to ramp up the market to line his own pocket?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-...ive-782992.html

In 2005, the average wage for a Scillonian was £16,672, almost £2,000 below the national average. Yet with house prices almost as high as in London and higher charges for food and supplies imported from the mainland, making ends meet can be a struggle. "The islands have London costs of living but Cornish incomes," said Andrew George, the Liberal Democrat MP for St Ives and the Isles of Scilly. "A lot of people's preconceptions of the islands are based on their holiday experiences, which gives them a very false impression of life there, and does not reflect the reality of the challenges islanders face."

Of couse individuals owning a string of homes, villages and half a county would have no affect either would it?

Of couse he is also worried about climate change but still drives the 6 ltre Bentley and hires a 747 for him and his entourage to do a weekends schmoozing in the US.

He also has a nice shop in Tetbury selling overprced garbage with his name on it to tourists none of which serves any purpose except turning vital resources in to tat ready to help fill up a bit more landfill.

But apart from that he probably has a point.

He is a hypocrite for sure. But on this matter, he is correct.

No he is not right at all. There are more than enough rural homes standing empty because so many greedy fu**ers feel its their right to own second and third homes.

There is no need to build more rural homes, a simple piece of legislation making second homeownership expensive would do the trick.

I live near Charly and he and all his chums are the cause of this situation NOT the solution.

Have you ever seen that ghastly village he built? Its souless that,s his solution it,s a form of social cleansing the old villages for the rich and powerful and pseudo village ghetos for the workers.

I'll take no lessons from this clown.

He is right about his headline issue.

He is wrong about almost everything else.

Par for the course I'd say.

"I'm glad I was able to sort out the British Housing Market

with my comments, now where is the valet who unzips my

trousers - I need to take a leak."

he should have a word with his mum

He can't, just a the moment.

There are three valets and two footmen helping him take a leak.

Have you ever seen that ghastly village he built? Its souless that,s his solution it,s a form of social cleansing the old villages for the rich and powerful and pseudo village ghetos for the workers.

I'll take no lessons from this clown.

And have you seen the high prices of houses in Poundbury?

Some toffs just seen visiting some race course and all sitting in houses on wheels being towed along the race track by some horses.

Rubbing salt in it.

Edited by billybong