House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan B'Stard MP

You're Just A Man In A Costume

non-uk anecdotal.

On train into town. Asked for my ticket by three men in police costumes. Asked for warrent cards or police numbers. Was told that I should be impressed by said costumes. Started to realised I was treading on thin ice and presented required ticket. Told man in police costume he was displaying fascist tendancies in not identifying himself. Was given the 'in other circumstances eyes'

Where is our freedom going? Has it always been this way?

non-uk anecdotal.

On train into town. Asked for my ticket by three men in police costumes. Asked for warrent cards or police numbers. Was told that I should be impressed by said costumes. Started to realised I was treading on thin ice and presented required ticket. Told policeman he was displaying fascist tendancies in not identifying himself. Was given the 'in other circumstances eyes'

Now here's a thought. If B'Stard were real I wonder what his allowance claims would contain?

Now here's a thought. If B'Stard were real I wonder what his allowance claims would contain?

Well I must admit the train ticket was paid for by you ;) so was the hooker whos perfume I was wearing !

non-uk anecdotal.

On train into town. Asked for my ticket by three men in police costumes. Asked for warrent cards or police numbers. Was told that I should be impressed by said costumes. Started to realised I was treading on thin ice and presented required ticket. Told policeman he was displaying fascist tendancies in not identifying himself. Was given the 'in other circumstances eyes'

:)

Giving the plod lip?

Be thankful you weren't tasered... :unsure:

Seriously though a policeman only has a few more powers of arrest than a postman. Why do they act otherwise? Why do we let them?

Guest anorthosite
non-uk anecdotal.

Well, if its non-uk, it isn't our freedom!

Where was it?

Whether they were real coppers or not, they're still just men in funny costumes. And so is the judge who will side with them and the prison officer who will lock you up (and the man from Securitarse who will take you there). Now THAT's an Injin moment.....

Whether they were real coppers or not, they're still just men in funny costumes. And so is the judge who will side with them and the prison officer who will lock you up (and the man from Securitarse who will take you there). Now THAT's an Injin moment.....

Yes, utlimately, its sad isn't it? Fingers crossed they know what they are doing :lol::(

Do the police actually have the legal right to check your ticket? it is a private comapny after all.

That was my initial thinking but I came to realise I wouldnt be allowed to explore that avenue.

They carry big guns and just a few loose marbles.

Giving the plod lip?

Be thankful you weren't tasered... :unsure:

"Walking on the cracks in the pavement........"

"Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing......"

"Smelling of foreign food......."

"Urinating in a public convenience....."

"Coughing without due care and attention....."

Not the Nine o'clock news classic...... Constable Savage

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/nt...e-savage-p1.php

That was my initial thinking but I came to realise I wouldnt be allowed to explore that avenue.

They carry big guns and just a few lose marbles.

:lol:

Sometimes it's safer to bend in the wind.

Guest anorthosite
Oz. But anglo saxon so some parallels to be drawn.

Ah, the colony of criminals. It all makes sense now.

Funny how we feel closer (generally, as a country) to the colony of criminals than the colony of religious 'non-conformists', even though the latter are only a pond away, whereas the cons are half a world away.

What does that say about us?

Edited for finger-keyboard interface malfunctions

:lol:

Sometimes it's safer to bend in the wind.

Far, far, far too much information there, General.

Yes. Two of them were definitely scrapping knuckles and were switching between the lower and higher octaves when they spoke.

It's quite worrying who they put in charge of bullets in this place. I'm just glad most have trouble with left and right - giving you a few seconds while they find their holster.

Guest anorthosite
Funny how we feel closer (generally, as a country) to the colony of criminals than the colony of religious 'non-conformists', even though the latter are only a pond away, whereas the cons are half a world away.

That we abandoned the sky-pixies?

"Walking on the cracks in the pavement........"

"Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing......"

"Smelling of foreign food......."

"Urinating in a public convenience....."

"Coughing without due care and attention....."

Not the Nine o'clock news classic...... Constable Savage

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/nt...e-savage-p1.php

My favourite from there, "being in possession of an offensive wife".

Funny how we feel closer (gernally, as a country) to the colony of criminals than the colony of religious 'non-conformists', even though the latter are only a pond away, whereas the cons are half a world away.

Probably that we still feel shared guilt over banishing teenagers to the other side of the planet for

stealing a chicken when they were close to starving.

(Along with rapists, murderers etc,)

They carry big guns and just a few lose marbles.

Here you go:

Authorised collectors

4.25 Penalty fares may only be charged by staff who have been appointed as 'authorised collectors' (rule 5 of the Penalty Fare Rules). Under rule 5, authorised collectors must carry formal identification, which should include a photograph and identify the authorised collector by either name or number. To make sure that the form of identification is consistent between different operators, it must follow a code of practice approved by the SRA. ATOC has produced a code of practice which we have approved for this purpose.

4.26 Authorised collectors and other staff who sell tickets on trains often receive commission on the value of the tickets they sell. Some operators also pay staff a small amount of commission (typically 5%) on the value of the penalty fares charged. We have no objection to this, as long as the percentage is small and the relevant instructions about the use of discretion and the circumstances in which penalty fares may or may not be charged are strictly followed.

If you really want to annoy a copper, talk to them reasonably and politely, but every so often look down at your watch.

This subtle way of suggesting that you find them a minor inconvenience is guaranteed to send them mental.