House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Fatally Poisoned By A Fart. Is This Possible?

A friend claims that some years back a man collapsed and died in the Paris Metro. An autopsy concluded he had been poisoned by a fart of particular toxicity. Others in the carriage testified to the virulence of the smell. The culprit was never caught.

Initially I dismissed this tale, but gas warfare in the trenches of WW1, and its use in Iraq has eroded my conviction.

Is this possible? If so, we are all at risk, however much gold we have.

Jimothy - any expertise here?

Guest anorthosite

Sounds like a pile of poo to me. Mythbusters tried this one, the readings they took suggested it would take years of farting in an airtight room to build up toxic levels of gas.

Guest X-QUORK

If anything ingested was toxic enough to produce a deadly fart, it would surely kill the farter first?

That said, I have felt like dying after breathing in some of my old squaddy mates' **** gasses.

Guest X-QUORK
You should meet my mother in law :lol::lol::lol:

...when the mice hear she's visiting they throw themselves on the traps.

Good old Les Dawson ;)

Yes, Dear Old Les.

Heard him interviewed once about his life and when he started as a stand oop.

Had the would be interviewer in total hysterics: poor guy struggled to carry on.

Les said "One of the first clubs I worked at in Bradford were so bad, they had big geezers outside throwing people in!"

:lol:

Guest X-QUORK
Yes, Dear Old Les.

Heard him interviewed once about his life and when he started as a stand oop.

Had the would be interviewer in total hysterics: poor guy struggled to carry on.

Les said "One of the first clubs I worked at in Bradford were so bad, they had big geezers outside throwing people in!"

"I'll never forget the time I met the wife for the first time in the Tunnel Of Love...she was digging it."

A friend claims that some years back a man collapsed and died in the Paris Metro. An autopsy concluded he had been poisoned by a fart of particular toxicity. Others in the carriage testified to the virulence of the smell. The culprit was never caught.

Initially I dismissed this tale, but gas warfare in the trenches of WW1, and its use in Iraq has eroded my conviction.

Is this possible? If so, we are all at risk, however much gold we have.

Jimothy - any expertise here?

Am I the HPC guru on all things toilet related?

I'd have to say this is a myth. As evil and poisonous some of my trouser coughs have been, they've ony managed to make folk gag. I myself have also been on the receiving end of some nasty bottom burps and have lived to tell the tale.

I shall admit this though, female farts are by far the most revolting. (No, I don't mean furry front bottom farts - They are just funny)

Guest anorthosite
If 'tis true that "he that smelt it, dealt it", might not this be a case of suicide?

But I thought it was more a case of "he that enjoyed it, deployed it", so if they smell it but don't enjoy it, then it isn't suicide.

I would like this to be true. In fact I would like to be able to kill with my farts. I am only currently capable of making peoples eyes smart. My fear is that if they were deadly this Government in collaboration with the US might invade my small patch of England the lock me up in prison alledging that I had, or was a WMD.

Killer farts are bad and some would say unbelievable, but the US invading me in Warwick, could be more likely!

I think the gas must have been thick too!

Sometimes I think that something has crawled up my ar$e and died, but that is why there is a smell rather than using it as a deadly weapon.

No. theres methane and co2 and b-mercaptoethanol in farts but theres no way you could produce enough of the first two to get a lethal concentration, even if you farted for days in an airtight room. The third is highly toxic but like H2S, it smells so bad that you would be wretching with nausea long before you get within a dozen odd orders of magnitude of a lethal concentration.

I would like this to be true. In fact I would like to be able to kill with my farts. I am only currently capable of making peoples eyes smart. My fear is that if they were deadly this Government in collaboration with the US might invade my small patch of England the lock me up in prison alledging that I had, or was a WMD.

Killer farts are bad and some would say unbelievable, but the US invading me in Warwick, could be more likely!

So what you are saying is you dont want a US Army (or maybe Marine) division or 3 invading your back passage?

Very wise.