House Price Crash Forum

Cabinet's Expenses

Guest Ian Chesterton

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest มร หล&#3

Ben Bradshaw claimed £3.25 for a gay lifestyle magazine.

This is becoming ridiculous.

It's not so much the cash, but how did these idiots find the time to fill in the expenses claims forms for such trivia. We'd never do it. Just would not have the time.

HOLA444
Ben Bradshaw claimed £3.25 for a gay lifestyle magazine.

This is becoming ridiculous.

It's not so much the cash, but how did these idiots find the time to fill in the expenses claims forms for such trivia. We'd never do it. Just would not have the time.

Ben "botty" Bradshaw, who'd have guessed it.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest มร หล&#3
Ben "botty" Bradshaw, who'd have guessed it.

This was the guy in charge of the department for fluffy bunny's or something. Had a whole research project commissioned into whether slugs felt pain, for some animal right bill.

No wonder the UK's down the pan.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite
Actually, to be fair (I don't know why), surely it must have been part of an itemised bill?

Look, I realise that they're now such an easy target that if feels like we're sticking pins in the eyes of a sick puppy, but they're politicians! Don't feel sorry for them!

HOLA4413
This was the guy in charge of the department for fluffy bunny's or something. Had a whole research project commissioned into whether slugs felt pain, for some animal right bill.

No wonder the UK's down the pan.

Stick a knife ( or a pork sword ) in Gawd and see if he feels pain ( or pleasure)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
"£176.25 - Gordon Brown buys a CD of photos of himself" This is wrong on so many levels

Were they "special" photos?

HOLA4416
Guest มร หล&#3
"£176.25 - Gordon Brown buys a CD of photos of himself"

This is wrong on so many levels

Is that for real? :ph34r:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Is that for real? :ph34r:

It's in the wail link, just above the picture of a pineapple.

I couldn't be bothered to trawl through the telegraph it confirm it though

And I must say, reading the line "£176.25 - Gordon Brown buys a CD of photos of himself", in the daily mail, above a picture of a pineapple, has unnerved me somewhat.

HOLA4419

I don't understand how Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper have got out of this unscathed...

Going by their claims form, they both claim £1031.35 a month for their rent/mortgage interest payments

This would kind of imply that they live in the same house and are claiming for it twice. I seem to remember a bit of news story about this over a year ago, and they both said it was all within the rules, and that it was fine, but I still don't understand how they can claim for exactly the same thing twice. :angry:

HOLA4420
I don't understand how Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper have got out of this unscathed...

Going by their claims form, they both claim £1031.35 a month for their rent/mortgage interest payments

This would kind of imply that they live in the same house and are claiming for it twice. I seem to remember a bit of news story about this over a year ago, and they both said it was all within the rules, and that it was fine, but I still don't understand how they can claim for exactly the same thing twice. :angry:

or possibly 1/2 each. :rolleyes:

HOLA4421
Guest มร หล&#3

Got to be pinky's in unseen cookie jars.

HOLA4422
or possibly 1/2 each. :rolleyes:

Apologies - you're right - although according to this article it took a bit of sorting out - at one point they were both claiming £1300 a month when the interest part of the mortgage totalled £733...

Instead, they regularly claim £600 a month in food allowance between the two of them. It turns out they're not as bad as some!

HOLA4423