House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Pupils Made To Wear Goggles To Handle Blu Tack As Health And Safety Reaches 'ridiculous' New Heights

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ew-heights.html

Children are being made to wear goggles before handling Blu Tack and are forbidden to run in the playground as a health and safety culture sweeps through schools.

A survey of nearly 600 teachers revealed the most restrictive rules being imposed in an attempt to avoid injuries and lawsuits.

Pupils at one school are forced to put on goggles before using Blu Tack to prevent them rubbing the common adhesive into their eyes.

In another, teachers are given a five-page briefing note on the dangers of Pritt Stick before they may use it with their charges.

Generations of youngsters who made things out of empty egg boxes will be dismayed to learn that some schools have banned them for fear of salmonella poisoning.

And many teachers reported bans on footballs, snowball fights, conker games and running in the playground.

Nearly half of teachers and classroom assistants polled by Teachers TV believe health and safety regulations are holding children back at school.

The findings emerged days after the Local Government Association urged parents and schools to shake off the 'cotton wool' culture.

It vowed that town halls would not 'bow to the compensation culture' and would build new adventure-playgrounds.

Judith Hackitt, chairman of the Health and Safety Executive, said the examples cited were 'frankly ridiculous'.

article-1194055-0566243E000005DC-531_468x347.jpg

Do you handle blu tack safely? We don't want any accidents.

Well my public school brat is on army camp this weekend. Weapons training, running around in forests, proper discipline and no doubt a bit of buggery thrown in.

Should make a man of him :lol:

This is all part of the conditioning you get kids to jump up and down without question when asked and when they are all doing this you get them to jump off a bridge.

teachers tend to be left-wing and look were it's leading us

it's getting to the stage we parents must ask themselves is it responcible to send your kids to school and yeah pink floyd needs playing a bit more i thinks.

This is all part of the conditioning you get kids to jump up and down without question when asked and when they are all doing this you get them to jump off a bridge.

teachers tend to be left-wing and look were it's leading us

it's getting to the stage we parents must ask themselves is it responcible to send your kids to school and yeah pink floyd needs playing a bit more i thinks.

LOL.

Nearly as stupid as the Daily Mail itself.

I know this is going to be a Daily Mail headline with a story based on nothing much at all really.

Shall I open it the thread? Hmmm yes or no.

One one hand it will prove that I'm right, on the other it means I will have been duped.

No I won't bother, it's just a silly Daily Mail headline after all.

How do I know it's a Daily Mail headline, it could be from another source.

Not really, it's certainly a Daily Mail headline.

Well it won't hurt to have a look.

Yea, but that means they've won.

Not it doesn't, and won what exactly?

Well, it'll mean they've got me to look, which is what newspapers do.

Is there any harm in that?

Yes, because they created a headline to hook me, and I took the bait.

And?

And I don't want to be a victim, or to be tricked. I know the headline is just a trick to get me to read the article.

But you'll never know unless you open the thread.

But I know what it'll be about

Do you?

Yes.

OK, let's try another approach. What harm will it do?

It will mean I've read a newspaper article, which is fundamentally a made up non-story based on the lure of a dramatic headline. It's an insult to my intelligence.

But what harm will it do?

Oh ****** it, I'll just open the damn thread.

What it is?

It's a Daily Mail headline.

Oh,

Yes 'oh' indeed. I told you so.

Yes you did. Sorry.

Guest anorthosite

You know, this could be a good idea. If we wrap the little brats up in cotton wool, then when we're all in our 60s & 70s, they'll all be so soft that we'll have the edge over any that try to mug us.

Fear of litigation?

You know, this could be a good idea. If we wrap the little brats up in cotton wool, then when we're all in our 60s & 70s, they'll all be so soft that we'll have the edge over any that try to mug us.

I like your thinking.

Guest Skinty

Possibly but new immigrants will have been schooled by a different system and won't be as soft. What we really need to do is toughen up our children and export the litigation and nanny state to other countries. Then we can invade them and seize their energy sources.

If we do this then we will also manage to export most of our lawyers. That can only be a good thing.

Guest X-QUORK

Route marches and regular thrashings, that's all a child needs to feel happy.

Well my public school brat is on army camp this weekend. Weapons training, running around in forests, proper discipline and no doubt a bit of buggery thrown in.

Should make a man of him :lol:

Tis what made Britain Great.

A bit of buggery never hurt my avatar.

Of course it all might have been different, horribly different, if they'd have had Blu-Tak.......

If litigation is the problem, just tighten the law.

Parent: Little Johnny Shoved blu tac up his **** and he got so constipated he exploded and died. I'm going to sue the school 'cos he's ADHDHAHDHD and the teacher didn't stop him eating a packet of Refreshers.

Law: Go away.

Problem solved.

As others have recognised, this is typical Daily Mail fodder: a story about regulations-gone-mad designed to send sex-starved Mr "I'm not a racist, but..." Middle Englanders into apoplectic rages about the state of humanity.

That said, making little brats wear goggles to handle Blu Tack is a tad on the silly side.

I know of one primary school (near me) that doesn't allow the children to mess with play-do (the coloured, pliable putty stuff). Why? Because apparently kids can end up putting it in their mouths, and it can harbour the eggs of intestinal worms.

My solution: don't have kids. Less worries and more money.

As others have recognised, this is typical Daily Mail fodder: a story about regulations-gone-mad designed to send sex-starved Mr "I'm not a racist, but..." Middle Englanders into apoplectic rages about the state of humanity.

That said, making little brats wear goggles to handle Blu Tack is a tad on the silly side.

I know of one primary school (near me) that doesn't allow the children to mess with play-do (the coloured, pliable putty stuff). Why? Because apparently kids can end up putting it in their mouths, and it can harbour the eggs of intestinal worms.

My solution: don't have kids. Less worries and more money.

True, none of this would be an issue if kids weren't so rubbish.

They are short, really stupid and often smell. Whats the point of them?

Even they wouldn't believe a Daily Mail story on regulations gorn mad though I bet!

Guest AuntJess

Sound point! ;)