House Price Crash Forum

Want To Know Where All The New Buyers Are Geting Funded?

HOLA441

Its the homebuyer scheme from the goverment.

Have a look on mse and 18 thousand people have looked at the thread on there alone. so i wonder how many of these loans have been given out in the last few months? i wonder how to find out?

HOLA442

Have a look on mse and 18 thousand people have looked at the thread on there alone. so i wonder how many of these loans have been given out in the last few months? i wonder how to find out?

Good luck with that...

I hope you have more success than I did.

HOLA443

Buyers Rush to Sigh up to Homebuy Direct Scheme

....The Housing Minister, Margaret Beckett, said that demand has been three times the amount the Government expected. Barratt, one of the developers included in the £400 million scheme, said that 20,000 potential buyers have registered their interest in buying one of its homes this way.......

Politicians in Row Over Homebuy Figures

......The Budget last week allocated an additional £80m in funding towards the initiative.

But following the Budget, Conservative leader David Cameron launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Gordon Brown and chancellor Alistair Darling.

Cameron quotes Beckett's res- ponse to shadow housing minister Grant Shapps on the HomeBuy Direct scheme on March 24 2009, as recorded on Hansard, that "not a single sale had been made" since the scheme's inception.

But Beckett now claims this is not the case, saying that although there are no solid figures she has met "at least one couple" that has participated in the scheme.......

Homebuyers in Lurch as State Help Exhausted

First-time buyers using a government scheme to get on the housing ladder have had to pull out of purchases at the eleventh hour after funding ran out.

The Government said that the sudden shortage of cash was a result of the huge demand for its MyChoice Homebuy scheme, which enables buyers who do not have enough money for a deposit to obtain a mortgage with the Government stumping up the balance.

Some would-be buyers had already had offers on properties accepted and had instructed solicitors when they learnt that their previously accepted applications would no longer be successful, forcing them to back out of the transaction.

Experts on affordable housing said that funding issues would leave thousands of buyers who thought that they had been given the green light unable to proceed, because the way in which the application process works means that funding is allocated only once the buyer has found a property.

Edited by Sybil13

HOLA444

See we told you dumb bears that the government would never let house prices crash and yet you mocked us! Who's laughing now you deluded losers? HA! HA!*

Green shoots.............WIBBLE......................Green Shoots.....................WIBBLE.....etc

*was that OK Rinoa???

HOLA445
See we told you dumb bears that the government would never let house prices crash and yet you mocked us! Who's laughing now you deluded losers? HA! HA!*

Green shoots.............WIBBLE......................Green Shoots.....................WIBBLE.....etc

*was that OK Rinoa???

See you at the bottom dude :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest มร หล&#3

*was that OK Rinoa???

You really have this act down to a fine art now.

Nice :D

HOLA448
HOLA449

I was reading a thread on MSE the other day and A LOT of people were talking about taking up either the Homebuy scheme or the Ownhome scheme (something to do with co-op).

I am sure that these schemes are propping up the lower end of the market with out them transactions and prices would still be declining fast.

The thing that annoys me more than the government trying to prop up the market though are the fools taking up the schemes.

They can't see that without the scheme house prices would come down enough to enable them to buy 100% and not just 70%

They can't rent and save for a deposit at the ssame time, so how do they propose to pay a mortgage and save to buy the remaining 30% from the government?

When it comes to sell up they will have to repay the 30% anyway and if house prices have risen they will be in a worse situation than now and will not be able to upsize.

A lot of them have taken out trackers, many are 1%+ over the base rate, they will get stung

A few of them think that there was nothing wrong with 100%+ mortagages.

Are people really so financially inept? It's no wonder we are in the mess we are in.

HOLA4410

Unfortunately for you it may not be the British Govt who has the final say.

I wonder what was your take on the meeting at Yekaterinburg over the weekend?

A fool and their money . . .

HOLA4411

*was that OK Rinoa???

:lol::lol::lol: Green shoots MY @rse!!!

HOLA4412

the lengths this govt. will go to [and the lengths the sheeple will go to to play along] all in the name of avoiding a little bit of wealth destruction.

Not for the first time during this 'crisis' a little overreaction from our 'we will not walk by' government. a bit of hpc never hurt anyone.

HOLA4413

Her Majesty's Goverment (it's nothing to do with us - we didn't vote Brown and

Mandlewipe in) have chosen to bend over backwards and do everyhting possible

to prevent the construction industry from collapsing.

So Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon, Barretts et al are still able to flog off their newly

built stock to bright eyed FTBs who fondly imagine they have taken a prudent step,

and are now tied in to ridiculous semi ownership schemes which, in the next stage

of the Housing market collapse, they will find difficult to get out of.

Who will want to buy a half-owned house ?

HOLA4414
Green shoots MY @rse!!!

I think there are pills for that, eric.