House Price Crash Forum

Selftrade want to charge £40. Was going to move over to a Hoodless Brennan account i dont use much, but they want rid of me too it seems.

Need no annual/inactivity charges.

Any advice welcomed.

it all depends.

what do you want to trade?

how often?

what size?

I use iii which is cheap, and Hargreaves Lansdown who are more expensive for dealing, but don't have annual charges (except for a modest charge for holding non-unit trusts).

Cheers guys. I dont trade very often at all, only hold a couple of stocks. Its more a case of having an instant access dealing account should i need it.

I actually signed up for iii a couple of days ago but having heard anything back from them.

Given the situation i may just sell the shares and come back to it at a later date. Ive read the thread at MSE and the options seem to be HSBC/Halifax/iii/H-l - Just wondered if im missing anything really, not going to sign up to MSE just to ask that one question!

I Web are £10.00 per trade, with no annual charges, unless you are SIPP/ ISA investing.

Can trade on international exchanges, i.e. NY, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Amsterdam for £15.00 per trade.

If you're need for instant access is about being able to react in an emergency, and you're very rarely trading, it sounds like a full service broker like Hargreaves Lansdown is more the ticket. Websites can struggle during frantic markets, and reliable telephone support might be more important to you.

Alternatively, taking the "cut out the middleman" approach, the most guaranteed way to access the market is via a direct access broker like www.interactivebrokers.co.uk, but the do charge a fee if you don't trade much. (totals around £100 a year I think, but this is offset by much lower trading costs, particularly if the company you're buying is also listed on US exchanges). It's more complex though, and easier to make expensive mis-clicks.

Edited by fildi101

i use iii which allows you to buy dirt cheap (1.50/transaction) if you buy on their days, usually 4 chances/month. If you want to sell those same shares you will pay 10/go, so don't forget to factor in the far end of the deal too!

Guest absolutezero

i use iii which allows you to buy dirt cheap (1.50/transaction) if you buy on their days, usually 4 chances/month. If you want to sell those same shares you will pay 10/go, so don't forget to factor in the far end of the deal too!

Who gets the share certificates with these dealers?

iii don't mention anything about certificates, and share.com don't either....

Who gets the share certificates with these dealers?

iii don't mention anything about certificates, and share.com don't either....

iii are an execution only broker. The shares you trade are held by them in a nominee account on your behalf. You can, however, convert these to crest certificates - but they charge £10 per certificate (only available for Crest securities). Source: http://www.iii.co.uk/sharedealing/?type=charges

Guest absolutezero

iii are an execution only broker. The shares you trade are held by them in a nominee account on your behalf. You can, however, convert these to crest certificates - but they charge £10 per certificate (only available for Crest securities). Source: http://www.iii.co.uk/sharedealing/?type=charges

Is that safe?

What if iii went bust?

Is that safe?

What if iii went bust?

iii is part of the Halifax group, last I checked. No problems since 2003, when I started using them.

Don't disagree that given the pedigree, it could all go downhill.

But, then again, I'm not so sure that you're not just taking the p**s, so I would not recommend meeting me down a dark alley! When I've found out who you are.

Guest absolutezero

iii is part of the Halifax group, last I checked. No problems since 2003, when I started using them.

Don't disagree that given the pedigree, it could all go downhill.

But, then again, I'm not so sure that you're not just taking the p**s, so I would not recommend meeting me down a dark alley! When I've found out who you are.

:lol: