House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest worthless_site

Why Dont The Labour Do This ?

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

They must know they will be out of government in a years time. So why dont they get Vince Cable to come in a chancellor at any cost ?

Its not unheard of for a politician to change party's and I'm sure even Vince has got his price, plus from his point of view he really would be serving the country.Then once they've done that they could target others.

The two main partys that are likely to win the next election share virtually the same policies anyway so why don't they do as football teams do and buy talent from the opposition ?

Because Vince would 'do the right thing' and slash the public sector. Gordonron would then not get the votes that he expects from the public employees.

Because Vince would 'do the right thing' and slash the public sector. Gordonron would then not get the votes that he expects from the public employees.

But they would gain votes from the rest of us.

Nailed it.

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with getting votes or not.

Labour are doing the right thing - for themselves, and their cosy club.

They couldn't give a shit about the electorate, Trouble is, neither do the other parties.

Surely they could spin the Cable appointment as a kind of 'management consultancy' i.e. get the outsider to take the heat for breaking the bad news that management is too useless to face up to.

You are all forgetting the words of our glorious leader that Vince Cable "was wrong for 5 years".

That means that even though he was right this time, he was wrong 4 years out of 5.

Not really the kind of success rate you would want from a chancellor is it?

Whereas Gordon has been right for 10 years and only wrong once. Making for a success rate of almost 90%

That is the kind of resolute and impressive man we want in charge.

To make such a drastic change would be to accept that there is a drastic problem either with our Govt, economy or public finances.

There isnt a drastic problem with either. Remember, the economy and public finances have been ably tended to by the world saviour GB, and passed over for safe keeping to his trusty assistant.

The fvck up that has happened since GB became PM in no way reflects a problem with Govt, the running of the economy or the state of public finances. Its a global recession. It started in America. The best course is to avoid public spending cuts - which we know the Tories would bring in. The way to save the world is to spend money we havent yet got and get a temporary reprieve on one set of statistics.

All we need to do then is to hide the other stats, I mean mask them. Everybody has a dvd player but relatively few people have Blu-rays. BR's discs are coming down in price. Lets tell everyone that they buy BR discs in order to help pretend that prices are falling. This not only gives the illusion that life is cheaper, people also think they have better technology and hence better lives - RESULT!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no! There is no need for Vince. He isnt fit to lick Gordon Browns boots nevermind lace them.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth I think the truth is they would like to poach a few Lib Dems. But to offer such a high profile post would be too much of a climb down. He couldnt even say sorry until he decided he had better copy DC's apology for the expenses malarkey.

So there you have it. He is sorry that his trusted colleagues were caught getting their money & receipts mixed up with the taxpayers money & receipts.

However, he is not sorry for the state of the economy; he has nothing to be sorry for (afterall he's got numerous houses, a great pension and is guaranteed a job with some Quango on a salary that will make even his eyes water when he is booted out by the british public). He is not sorry for creating the conditions for a housing market bubble that will leave millions of people in severe fincancial trouble for at least a decade (why worry, his state funded second home can be cashed in for even more moolah and represents a nice healthy top up for his pension). And he is not sorry that his epitaph will read "inherited a growing economy with healthy public finances and fvcked it all up!). Again why worry about the reading on his tombstone. By the time he dies, his govts education policy of awarding passes in English without being able to read and write will mean no-one under the age of 35 will be able to read his tombstone unless it is in text speak.

Oh, that has just made me think. Did someone say we are becoming a knowledge based economy??????? I think I'll leave it there without going into dredging anyone and everyone regardless of educational achievement into university education - but its too expensive to pay forall those extra students - so the people who really could take a lead role in the new paradigm for the british economy will have been held back by course cohorts who really shouldnt be at Uni as well as the deterrent of taking on massive personal debt for the priveledge (taking on massive debts, hmmmmmmm..........rings a bell somewhere)

Rant over!

Surely they could spin the Cable appointment as a kind of 'management consultancy' i.e. get the outsider to take the heat for breaking the bad news that management is too useless to face up to.

I thought that was what they were bringing Alan Sugar to do.

They must know they will be out of government in a years time. So why dont they get Vince Cable to come in a chancellor at any cost ?

Its not unheard of for a politician to change party's and I'm sure even Vince has got his price, plus from his point of view he really would be serving the country.Then once they've done that they could target others.

The two main partys that are likely to win the next election share virtually the same policies anyway so why don't they do as football teams do and buy talent from the opposition ?

That would mean The Labour Party admitting failure. And admitting a different party would do a better job. Even if Gordo knows Vince will do the right thing, they're like kids in a playground and have to save face at all costs.

You mean like an Economic War Cabinet ?

Use the best brains and call upon the vast array of experience at Westminster, irrespective of party politics, to steer us through the crisis ?

Far too sensible.

You mean like an Economic War Cabinet ?

Use the best brains and call upon the vast array of experience at Westminster, irrespective of party politics, to steer us through the crisis ?

Far too sensible.

Why not do it all the time ? Their policies aren't that different.

By doing that it would create a super party with all the best ones on one side, that would force the other parties to have different ideas instead of this Lab Con seesaw. Boom bust the labour way or boom bust the tory way.

Labour got in by promising to be different '' No more boom and bust '' ''We wont let house prices get out of control''. All lies but the idea is there.

Mind you it might create the eat as much gold as you like party getting in but then they would have to make the manifesto's a legal promise to stop that.Then you wouldn't get lying f uckers making promises they couldn't keep.

Alternativly they could just ban scots from being MP's in England.

But they would gain votes from the rest of us.

Certainly not from me. Although Vince talks a reasonable talk the second he had the full accounts and budget of this entire country I could see him having a nervous breakdown (come to think of it i think most people would). And also i would never ever ever vote Brown, full stop.