House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minesapint

Have You Bothered Looking At The Mps Expenses Yet

Linky

most details relating to what the expenditure was for in the "other" section has been blacked out no ill try that again MOST details have been blacked out- bit of a joke really but what did we expect.

Linky

most details relating to what the expenditure was for in the "other" section has been blacked out no ill try that again MOST details have been blacked out- bit of a joke really but what did we expect.

No surprise.

Least we can see how many were ramming 400 quid of food down their necks a month, without fail, whilst ramming 5 a day down everyone else's. They've gone a bit quiet on that one, fresh food sales have shrunk dramatically, the plebs are on cake.

the blacked out things are private data, eg addresses etc, but the whole matter is insignificant compared to the billions the govt has wasted on bailouts and nonsense to buy what will likely be a short-lived green shoots effect, but a very long and big debt for decades to come. a few million to MPs is neither here nor there though does make a disgusting mockery of those in power when they pursue 'fraudulent' benefit claimants as if they aren't on their own massive semi-fiddle of their own

Linky

I picked one at random, just to see how bad it was, they spent £150 on a pillow?? Looks like transparency is a colour after all: black.

its clear some but of course not all MPs have been taking the urine, rubbing shoulders with big gob city knobs making them feel inadequate if their duvet isnt from harrods and costing more than a secondhand ford focus... its also likely that a very significant number have been flipping properties -- no wonder they have been so keen to see the interest rates cut to near zirp and make ideal propagation for ponzi property sales schemes to continue on...no wonder at all, its all rather stinkypoo to use the technical term in law, isnt it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8105227.stm

the blacked out things are private data, eg addresses etc, but the whole matter is insignificant compared to the billions the govt has wasted on bailouts and nonsense to buy what will likely be a short-lived green shoots effect, but a very long and big debt for decades to come. a few million to MPs is neither here nor there though does make a disgusting mockery of those in power when they pursue 'fraudulent' benefit claimants as if they aren't on their own massive semi-fiddle of their own

Yes i agree but just as damaging as the bakster bailout lets not forget all the bribes MP's are taking or does anyone think that is not going to the same exstent fiddling taxes, houses and exspences.

the country is ran by cooks alll in bed togeather but the enermy is not the police it's the people they fear.

did i forget to metion Ian Tomlinson ?

Looking at my 2 local MPs claims, I think I'm most shocked at the telephone/communications and utilities bills claims - they clearly aren't getting a good deal on any of these - £180/month on utilities seems a tad steep, as does the £85/month on telecommunications. I'm guessing that these are the maximum monthly limits, and they're just automatically claiming them, I think they should have to submit copies of the gas/electric/water bills etc so the correct amount is given to them. Surely they have a responsibility to get the best deal for themselves and the tax payers! :angry:

What really grinds my gears is the attitude of righteous indignation most of them display when talking about it. The I'm entitled and worth it sentiment writ large.

Totally disconnected from the electorate. Ivory towers?...... they've got a whole castle.

The truth is there in black and white.

But mostly black.

Apart from £1700 p.m. mortgage interest payments my trougher claimed for a 'Bodum Milk Frother' which as we know is a mandatory requirement for carrying out one's parliamentary duties. Slimy tw@t.

Bodummilkfrother.JPG

post-9973-1245318329_thumb.jpg

Page 10 of Michael Meacher's first pdf shows he got us to pay for some chairs being recovered.

And later a refund of overclaims for £268...

Bizarre.

And they really pay for nothing themselves.

The truth is there in black and white.

But mostly black.

Shall we have a competition to find the blackest invoice ?

I'm struggling to download it but Des Browne claimed for a TV licence for his office- all you could see was the amount and the logo of the TV licence people ! How can it be a privacy issue for a public office?

What pi55es me off is the cost of processing, censoring and publishing these details. Ho big an army of civil servants have been employed to check this lot, draw black boxes on it, recheck it etc etc. - in most cases to claim for £2.54 worth of pencils.

Actually - compared with the crap they would spend our money on otherwise, further consideration reveals it to be mmoney well spent!!

Martin Linton, Battersea MP is one of the most frugal MP's about. Most of the expenses seem to be for office stationary.

Still hate him.

Shahid Malik’s Council tax bill from 10 Aug 2007 shows he charged the taxpayer £62 Authority summons cost and £3 court summons cost.

Page 18 of 07/08 ACA.

Whats even worse is he is claiming a 10% unnoccupied council tax allowance discount, he’s claiming for an unnocupied 2nd home and yet claiming furniture for that home?

Sack the man now. He broke the law got summoned for it and then charged us.

Here's a vaguely topical comment from the Guardian's "live" coverage:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2009...es-live-updates

1.57pm: By and large the parties haven't tried to exploit the expenses issue for political advantage - for the obvious reason that they're all up to their necks in it - but Labour has just emailed out a press release making a couple of points about Osborne.

1. He took out a mortgage worth £450,000 on his constituency home in Cheshire, even though Land Registry records show that he only paid £445,000.

2. In 2005 he claimed twice for mortgate payments worth £1,646 for the month of August (as you can see if you look at pages 5 and 7 of the file).

Osborne's spokesman tells me that Osborne needed a higher morgage to cover the cost of moving and repairs. He did not know about the August 2005 claims, but looking at the file it seems as if Osborne just put the wrong month on one bit of paper, because there does not seem to be a claim for July.

Labour admitting they weren't even aware of > 100% mortgages. :o:o

Ed Balls, the School Secretary, claimed £33 for two wreaths bought from the British Legion

Can't we send him on a tour of duty to Helmand?