House Price Crash Forum
shedfish

Liquidity Drain

this post is from tuesday, and suggests that tomorrow or friday this might show up, with repercussions next week

Now you know how to read one of the tools that I use to watch Ben and his Merry Men - the tool that, in fact, caught him in September of 2008.

slosh.jpg

sorry, link added

http://market-ticker.org/archives/1126-THU...h-Bernanke.html

Edited by ɥsıɟpǝɥs

I have a brief explanation:

Basically Karl THINKS (he's not sure) that the crash last October was caused by Bernanke pulling over $100 billion out of the banking system in order to crash the market. The liquidity drain happened the day before the big first leg down started. That is a scary coincidence don't you think? Now, why would he do this? Because Bernanke's aim is to scare people into treasuries as they sell equities. Notice how the yield on the 10 year US treasury passed 4% last week. That's quite high.

Karl is just saying it is something to keep an eye on.

I have a brief explanation:

Basically Karl THINKS (he's not sure) that the crash last October was caused by Bernanke pulling over $100 billion out of the banking system in order to crash the market. The liquidity drain happened the day before the big first leg down started. That is a scary coincidence don't you think? Now, why would he do this? Because Bernanke's aim is to scare people into treasuries as they sell equities. Notice how the yield on the 10 year US treasury passed 4% last week. That's quite high.

Karl is just saying it is something to keep an eye on.

beautifully put, thanks

Incontinent central bankers, every time the stream of piss runs down the un-preferred leg they shit themselves.

Every black'ning Church appalls; And the hapless Soldier's sigh. Runs in blood down Palace walls.

I took a $29,000 position on Shorting the Russell 1000 with Direxion Triple Leveraged ETF (Ticker BGZ) last week, I am hoping to run it until September/October.

It would be a great result if this does happen by Friday, bag the profits and look for another stab at BGZ before September.

I took a $29,000 position on Shorting the Russell 1000 with Direxion Triple Leveraged ETF (Ticker BGZ) last week, I am hoping to run it until September/October.

It would be a great result if this does happen by Friday, bag the profits and look for another stab at BGZ before September.

Go on, admit it….

…

…your post was just put together by a random financial key-word generator bot, wasn’t it? (or does this actually make sense to someone)?

Leveraged ETFs are in the news a lot recently

http://www.indexuniverse.com/blog/5997-wha...att-hougan.html

http://www.abnormalreturns.com/2009/06/kno...-you-own-redux/

http://www.indexuniverse.com/publications/...raged-etfs.html

Go on, admit it….

…

…your post was just put together by a random financial key-word generator bot, wasn’t it? (or does this actually make sense to someone)?

Aye Aye Cap'n, if you can't work it out you must have lost the plot years ago ;)

Even when they were launched they were mentioned a lot in various articles and I only got to hear of them while I was in the US last October with all the financial armageddon going on.

Direxion were launching there triple leveraged ETF's then and as I trade the Dow and FTSE Indices, I just gave them a try, mainly for short term trades (minutes at a time) but with the 3 x leverage and if you get the trend right results can be very pleasing. Powershares/Proshares had been around for some time before that but I had not looked at them before. I made some great returns using Investment Trust Warrants in the late 90's and am a gambler so not satisfied with bank account style returns. If it loses, just have to take it on the chin like any other losing trade.

Horses for courses really

Edited by gotoutintime

it took me while to understand what Denninger was saying. this wasn't helped by:

"The salmon-colored day is the one to pay attention to."

- in a moment of fish-blindness i confused salmon with tuna, and was trying to make what he said make sense while looking at the yellow line

Sounds painful. Think I'll stick with pwoperdee. That always goes up (allegedly).

Sounds painful. Think I'll stick with pwoperdee. That always goes up (allegedly).

Not so painful, just took an earlier than expected profit a few minutes ago. Should have told Sibley about this one!

a few trading days on...

bond rally

equity retreat

commodities retreat

interesting?

Yes. Good thread sir. ;)