House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Police 'illegally' Stopping White People To Racially Balance Stop-and-search Figures, Watchdog Claims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...r-watchdog.html

Police are making unjustified and 'almost certainly' illegal searches of white people to provide 'racial balance' to Government figures.

Lord Carlile, the independent reviewer of terror laws, said he knew of cases where suspects were stopped by officers even though there was no evidence against them.

He warned that police were wasting time and money by carrying out these 'self-evidently unmerited searches' which were an invasion of civil liberties and 'almost certainly unlawful'.

The searches of, for example, 'blonde women' who fit no terrorist profile come against a backdrop of complaints from rights groups that the number of black and Muslim people being stopped by police is disproportionate.

Lord Carlile suggests whites are being needlessly stopped in order to balance the books.

Last year, the number of whites searched under anti-terror laws rocketed by 185 per cent, from 25,962 to 73,967.

Whites made up around two-thirds of all those stopped, although, compared to the overall population, blacks and Asians remain far more likely to be stopped and searched.

Lord Carlile, a Liberal Democrat peer and QC, condemned the wrongful use of Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 in his annual report on anti-terror laws.

He said police were carrying out the searches on people they had no basis for suspecting so they could avoid accusations of prejudice.

Lord Carlile wrote: 'I have evidence of cases where the person stopped is so obviously far from any known terrorism profile that, realistically, there is not the slightest possibility of him/her being a terrorist, and no other feature to justify the stop.

'In one situation the basis of the stops was numerical only, which is almost certainly unlawful and in no way an intelligent use of the procedure.

'I believe it is totally wrong for any person to be stopped in order to produce a racial balance in the Section 44 statistics. There is ample anecdotal evidence this is happening.

'I can well understand the concerns of the police that they should be free from allegations of prejudice, but it is not a good use of precious resources if they waste them on self-evidently unmerited searches.

'It is also an invasion of the civil liberties of the person who has been stopped, simply to 'balance' the statistics.

Sums the govt up perfectly lets not tackle crime but ensure the stats are balance so we don't appear racist.

This country is run by total idiots.

Sums the govt up perfectly lets not tackle crime but ensure the stats are balance so we don't appear racist.

Yes, I think I have once been stopped in such a manner. I picked up some US Execs for a meeting in London last year and got pulled over for an anti terrorist search. So there was me, two US businessmen all in suits whilst police crawled all over my brand new car.

The police are the grand masters of working the system to manipulate targets.

I was astounded when I read An Inside Job by Malcolm Young many years ago.

Amazon link

For instance, using TIC (taken into consideration) to boost clear up rates. You get a crim bang to rights for one offence, promise to treat them gently in the prosecution if they'll admit to a whole string of your unsolved mysteries. Hey presto, clearance rate up.

Or you nick a kid, who's stolen a pint of milk from 4 separate doorsteps on his very late night way home. That's not one crime solved. That's four crimes sorted out.

Give the Feds a target and they'll find a way to fix it. Their ingenuity knows no bounds.

Guest UK Debt Slave

I was stopped the other day cycling to work. Three coppers from Crawley nick. One of them stood in my path making a Hitler salute prompting me to stop. The usual autistic with the social skills of an Imperial Stormtrooper. Even his two colleagues looked embarrassed that he'd bothered to stop a grey haired, middle aged man doing nothing more criminal than cycling to work to save the rail fare.

"We is stopping huuu as part of 'H'Operation Saddle," he said in the usual condesending manner. "There's been a lot of bicycle thefts from Car Park B" (Gatwick).

"I shalln't be searching you this morning Mr Debt Slave, but I shall be issuing you with the propriatory Stop Form."

Nice of him not to conduct a bottom inspection anyway.

I was standing in Uxbridge town centre the other day smoking a fag and a police officer asked me what was in it! I gave him my baccy tin and let him have a sniff (Old Holborn).

Guest eight
I was standing in Uxbridge town centre the other day smoking a fag and a police officer asked me what was in it! I gave him my baccy tin and let him have a sniff (Old Holborn).

Are you obliged to go along with this sort of nonsense or can you just ignore them and walk off?

As an aside, as a big fan of a certain genre of films, I've always wanted to say to an officer of the law "You don't got probable cause - the D.A.'ll have your badge for this!" but I don't think that would get me very far in downtown Darlo.

eight

I was stopped the other day cycling to work. Three coppers from Crawley nick. One of them stood in my path making a Hitler salute prompting me to stop. The usual autistic with the social skills of an Imperial Stormtrooper. Even his two colleagues looked embarrassed that he'd bothered to stop a grey haired, middle aged man doing nothing more criminal than cycling to work to save the rail fare.

"We is stopping huuu as part of 'H'Operation Saddle," he said in the usual condesending manner. "There's been a lot of bicycle thefts from Car Park B" (Gatwick).

"I shalln't be searching you this morning Mr Debt Slave, but I shall be issuing you with the propriatory Stop Form."

Nice of him not to conduct a bottom inspection anyway.

You gave your name? Thought you, of all people, wouldn't..

I don't smoke but I would tell them to fvck off and quit violating my civil rights, that is unless it was in a designated non smoking area.

Are you obliged to go along with this sort of nonsense or can you just ignore them and walk off?

Doubt you'd get away with that; see http://www.yourrights.org.uk/faqs/policing...-searched.shtml

Note that you can even be strip searched in a police van if the policeman doesn't like the way you looked at him -- although if there's an attractive WPC on hand, you're entitled to ask her to do the search ;-)

However, if you're on a push bike, there's really nothing to stop you from cycling off. They aren't going to chase you -- especially if you take your helmet off -- because you might fall off!

Note that you can even be strip searched in a police van if the policeman doesn't like the way you looked at him -- although if there's an attractive WPC on hand, you're entitled to ask her to do the search ;-)

No you can't. Read your own link.

Makes a nice change from the Police stopping black people illegally as they (well the Met anyway) are racist scum.

Yes, yes, theyre racist scum!! Thank God PC Blakelock was butchered like a soldier at Rorke's Drift! Roll on next Notting Hioll "Carnival" when the peace-loving natives can get their revenge on the nasty waycist cops. Hooray!!!

Reminds me of Z Cars! :lol:

Guest anorthosite
Pop Quiz - what do nearly all of these lovely lads have in common ...?

Besides being Labours gift to us all...

Mets most wanted

None of them are the messiah, they're just naughty boys?