House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mylipsaresealed

Put An Offer In And Waiting

Hiya Guys

Found an ideal property 4 bed detached asking is 255k went in with 244k they turned it down and then upped the offer to 250k don't want to go above a) can't really afford to B) stamp duty

The agents for once were really good they called us 'dreambuyers' FTB etc everthing in place ready to go. Waiting to hear the answer no other offers on the table they'd hsave to be stupid to turn it down.

What do you think?

Guest sillybear2

Best to offer £250,001 just to make sure, Darling will thank you.

Hiya Guys

Found an ideal property 4 bed detached asking is 255k went in with 244k they turned it down and then upped the offer to 250k don't want to go above a) can't really afford to B) stamp duty

The agents for once were really good they called us 'dreambuyers' FTB etc everthing in place ready to go. Waiting to hear the answer no other offers on the table they'd hsave to be stupid to turn it down.

What do you think?

Hi Rinoa,

I prefer your other avatar

Even £244K was within 5% of the asking price of £255K. The seller would have been doing well getting within £5K of asking, unless it had already been reduced right down to £255K from £300K or so! It really depends what similar houses in the same street went for. Did you look on www.houseprices.co.uk to see what they were going for in 2007?

If you look at www.zoopla.co.uk or www.mouseprice.co.uk they give you a rough estimate(*) of the what the place is worth (only a guide accurate within 10%). What figures do these websites come up with? If they are less than the price you paid then you may have offered too much.

* The estimate is based on the price the person paid if they bought in the last 9 years and assumes that there have been no major extensions/improvements done on the property since purchase. If they haven't bought within the last few years then look at the estimated prices of the neighbouring houses.

I would have offered £153k and said that over 5 years tat s probably what it'll be worth and as such its a fair offer.

You have every right to do that, but sould not quibble if they refuse. there are people out there that just want to see the back of their property, (lol, no jokes), and they will consider thatespecially if they brought (bought buyed) in 1997 or so or have died, the dead haggle much less than the living, even if they are difficult to tie down to any commitments.

I would have offered £153k and said that over 5 years tat s probably what it'll be worth and as such its a fair offer.

You have every right to do that, but sould not quibble if they refuse. there are people out there that just want to see the back of their property, (lol, no jokes), and they will consider thatespecially if they brought (bought buyed) in 1997 or so or have died, the dead haggle much less than the living, even if they are difficult to tie down to any commitments.

I guess that's why you are still looking then! ;)

Hiya Guys

What do you think?

What sort of muppet markets their house at a price just above the stamp duty threshold in this sort of market unless they expected to accept an offer of £240k-ish. What sort of seller wouldn't bite your head off with such a good offer?

You aren't dealing with sane/rational sellers. I suspect you are going to have a rough time...

Edited by D'oh

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Hiya Guys

What do you think?

That's ******ing great.

I bought a packet of Gummi Bears and a keyring today.

I guess that's why you are still looking then! ;)

absolutley, i dont understand it!!!! Im really concerned because in 5 years time 40% off asking price is going to be really silly, no ones ever going to accept that, oh, £91.5k... Still alot really, bit like Xenos paradox.

Your your house are mine!!!!

You offered...how much? :blink:

198011333_6d86224407.jpg

I think you lips should have been a bit more sealed than that :lol:

I think you should of asked where it was - Id bite your arm off for a place size that cheap.

Guest มร หล&#3
Hiya Guys

What do you think?

I thought everybody'd rumbled that selling bits of the Moon scam.

then upped the offer to 250k ...........

What do you think?

You don't want to know what I think.

No, really - you don't.

Hiya Guys

What do you think?

Liar, Liar pants on fire :rolleyes:

I think you should of asked where it was - Id bite your arm off for a place size that cheap.

New York, you say?

You don't need to bite anyones arm off, here you go. 4 bedder, 4,000sq feet of accomodation all in New York, based on 1.6 exchange rate to the dollar you can buy for a quarter of a million pounds.

New York New York....

I don't even charge for my property location services....

Fill yer boots ;)

New York, you say?

You don't need to bite anyones arm off, here you go. 4 bedder, 4,000sq feet of accomodation all in New York, based on 1.6 exchange rate to the dollar you can buy for a quarter of a million pounds.

New York New York....

I don't even charge for my property location services....

Fill yer boots ;)

Its even come down 32% since November 2007 (look at price trends tab)....bargain!

That's ******ing great.

I bought a packet of Gummi Bears and a keyring today.

was there a torch on the keyring?

they are great for finding the lock your car on a dark night.

better still, have a radio controlled lock on the car, the trouble is then, its hard to bend the torch onto the electric key to see which button to press.

course, better to have an illuminated key, then you can see the buttons.