Sign in to follow this  
PotNoodle

Ftse 100 Testing Downwards To 4300

FTSE.jpg

The market is sitting on significant gains since March,

but who will blink first ?

post-9120-1245230356_thumb.jpg

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Haven't the Belly of the Beast Investment Banks already got all of their short positions in?

Haven't the Belly of the Beast Investment Banks already got all of their short positions in?

Probably.

Rescuing these shysters is going to prove to be catastrophic.

Sterling down hard aswell

what reasons?

Just the end of the bear rally or the bull trap depending on what you wish to call it. Smart money has been getting out in the past few weeks, apparently the volume of shares traded has fallen by about a quarter and people are waking up to the fact that the mess is not over by a long way....

Oh, at a more complicated level, the banks have probably stopping buying and now aim to take advantage of their short positions if you believe in conspiracies...

Just the end of the bear rally or the bull trap depending on what you wish to call it. Smart money has been getting out in the past few weeks, apparently the volume of shares traded has fallen by about a quarter and people are waking up to the fact that the mess is not over by a long way....

Oh, at a more complicated level, the banks have probably stopping buying and now aim to take advantage of their short positions if you believe in conspiracies...

I figured that there may have been news that I couldn't find as it can't be the better than expected figures already released.

Did the boe minutes revaeal anything or have anything about further qe?

Something badly affecting uk, sterling down, ftse down, banks down, everything down.

WTF is this thread about? I just checked around 11.30, and the FTSE is down 43 points. I was expecting it to be down by a couple of hundred at least.

WTF is this thread about? I just checked around 11.30, and the FTSE is down 43 points. I was expecting it to be down by a couple of hundred at least.

We're just shooting the breeze at the virtual watercooler.

Chill.

The FTSE is obviously nervous but it will not panic big time until it's bigger brother across the Atlantic does.

FTSE is just a DOW tracker.

the dow has been teetering and has been down already. SPX 500 is down. But gold is flat.

can't figure why sterling is down so much unless the bad news is all ours.

+1

How does that work then?

50 or so points down after 3 months solid of rises is important news.

as is losing 2 cents on the dollar and over 1 cent on the euro, all in a short time.

50 or so points down after 3 months solid of rises is important news.

Isn't that usually just described as profit taking?

I am sitting here waiting for the "blood on the walls" type meltdown. I've even got a custard slice ready and everything. Bring it on.

How does that work then?

Well, you basically bet on a particular share falling dramatically whilst buying it in order to drive up the price.

If you convince other people to jump on the bandwagon and buy the shares because they see them rising when you stop buying the shares you pull the rug away from underneath them, the share price plummets and you make serious money from having shorted the share.

It is clever, cunning and devious.

WTF is this thread about?

That will become clear during the course of the day.

For now, it's about watching what is happening in case it gets serious.

And about thinking why it is happening.

All about STR funds, if truth be told, uptherams.