House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

President Blair - Is O K With Dave

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6515173.ece

David Cameron will give Tony Blair a free run if he tries to become the EU’s first president, The Times has learnt.

The Conservative leader has told senior colleagues that they should do nothing to oppose a Blair candidacy if the Lisbon treaty, which creates the role, is ratified later this year.

EU heads of government could choose their first president as early as December if the Irish vote “yes†in an October referendum and the other remaining countries yet to ratify then sign up. Mr Blair, now a Middle East envoy, has avoided openly promoting himself before the selection but is known to be interested in representing the EU on the world stage. article continues........

Is America planning a new war that it needs Europe to get behind?

Can't think why else anyone would want Blair to run Europe............

It looks like Dave has bottled it on Europe, perhaps that's the job he's been given.

So, we could have President Blair as soon as December :blink:

It looks like Dave has bottled it on Europe, perhaps that's the job he's been given.

I take it we don't get a vote?

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Ahmed Blairdinnerjacket......didnt he just fix an election in the middle east?

Yep.

I wonder if Brown was part of the plan or if he was just a patsy left to fill a gap once teflon tony left?

this shows why there needs to be a total wipeout of the entire political class

And some morons will vote Cameron for 'change'.

if this is shown as true rather than labour propaganda to curtain tory votes, many of us will be voting ukip, you can bet on that 100% guaranteed.

i'm disgusted if thats true

David Cameron will give Tony Blair a free run

He always did in the past.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

George Orwell, Animal Farm

Blair and Cameron are out of the same corporate cloning machine. There must have been a malfunction when Gordo was being made.

I think that ton bliar being ousted was a stick in the spokes for 'the plan', Brown is the meandering fool left to fill the gap until the plan gets back on track with cameron. It is just a happy coincidence for tptb that brown has been so useless in the interim.

Sorry, but I must be missing the bit where there are actual reasons to oppose Blair for the job, and even more so where there is any point in Cameron doing so.

Now I don't want to see an EU President - I actually don't want there to be an EU - and I have no time for Blair, but I can't see where he comes lower than any of the other corrupt bunch.

Or has my knee just not jerked properly this morning?

Sorry, but I must be missing the bit where there are actual reasons to oppose Blair for the job, and even more so where there is any point in Cameron doing so.

Now I don't want to see an EU President - I actually don't want there to be an EU - and I have no time for Blair, but I can't see where he comes lower than any of the other corrupt bunch.

What apart from the fact he's a war criminal & lied to the country to take it into an illegal war? He should be in a courtroom in The Hague not fkn President!

Blair and Cameron are out of the same corporate cloning machine. There must have been a malfunction when Gordo was being made.

And yet everyone hates Gordon They loved Blair and they love Cameron. From which we might conclude they love the corporate cloning machine? Not a pleasant thought.

Hey WAKE UP DAVE!!!

At the moment - I wont be voting for you because of your approval & support of 2 people who aren't even candidates for your party! 1 of whom is an ex leader of the opposition FFS!!!!!

Edited by sbn

Avoiding the more exciteable cries of war criminal and so on there is the fact he already has a non-job in which he's achieving sod all. Superficial, devious, ecomonical with the truth, - all qualities Blair has in abundance and all things that people object to about Europe.

Heaven forfend that we should ask for somebody of a better quality as president of Europe. The public might even come to trust the place if somebody competent were put in place. Which, of course, is why there is no point in Cameron opposing Blair for the job. ;)

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Where_...and/Europe.aspx

Europe

We believe in an open, flexible Europe in which countries work to achieve shared goals rather than the ever greater centralisation of power in Brussels.

We believe that in democracies nothing lasting can be built without the people's consent - and yet people have been denied their say on the renamed EU Constitution.

If the Lisbon Treaty is not yet in force at the time of the next general election, and a Conservative Government is elected, we would put the Treaty to a referendum of the British people, recommending a 'no' vote. If the British people rejected the Treaty, we would withdraw Britain's ratification of it.

But if the Treaty is in force we will be in a different situation. In our view, then, political integration would have gone too far, the Treaty would lack democratic legitimacy in this country and we would not let matters rest there.

A Conservative Government would also amend the 1972 European Communities Act so that any future EU Treaty that transfers powers from the United Kingdom to the European Union would be subject to a referendum of the British people. The British people must be in charge of their future in Europe.

A Conservative Government would never join the euro. Giving up our currency would mean losing a vital tool for running the British economy in the interests of the people of Britain - and that means an unacceptable loss of the independence of this country.

The EU must adapt to the times we live in - and it should act where European countries together can achieve things they cannot do alone. So our priorities for the EU are today's challenges of global competitiveness, global warming and global poverty.

The question is, what do you want Cameron to do about it now... is there anything he can do?

The best thing in my mind is for the British people to get a democratic vote on Europe, and based on the European policy of the Conservatives, that means getting them in QUICK since Herr Brown decided to renege on his promise of a referendum on the Treaty of Lisbon.

Every PMQs I have watched recently involves the call for the Fuhrer to call a general election, but he is running scared obviously. The British people need to take to the streets, and force the call for an election.

I feel physically sick at thought of it... he shouldn't be living it up in the bars of paris and brussels he should be behind bars in london for getting us all into this mess and spending the country's money without due care and attention.

If we did have Blair in europe then I'd definately want UKIP in britain, and I've found a single reason to vote for them in the past.

blair_cameron_transplant_small.jpg

:lol::lol:

So Cameron's gone from "We will have a referendum" to "I don't see why Tony shouldn't run the show" in one smooth motion. It gives credibility to the people who predicted that Tony Blair's conversion to Catholicism was a publicity stunt to endear himself to people in traditionally Catholic countries. Can't have the Church of England running Europe, can we now?

Edited by Ceinwyn