House Price Crash Forum
CrashedOutAndBurned

Crony Capitalist Drug Lord Makes Fortune From Taxpayer...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-Americans.html

A Labour donor made a vast personal fortune on the back of a £20million handout of taxpayers' money, an inquiry has found.

Lord Drayson had threatened to pull his PowderJect company out of Britain unless it was given public cash.

In 2003 the vaccine manufacturer was offered the £20million to build a factory by a government-run regional development board.

Just two months later he sold the subsidised company to its U.S. rival Chiron, landing a profit for himself and his family estimated at £80million.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

We should all thank him for providing a painless injection system which means we are now free of having to use those old fashioned needles for drug delivery.

Hold on......

What would be outrageous is if the government department managing the hand-out did not have a condition in the contract that stipulated that the funds were handed back if the company or factory were sold. Would be a very standard clause to have, but I guess I'm assuming rather too much that the government is competent.

What would be outrageous is if the government department managing the hand-out did not have a condition in the contract that stipulated that the funds were handed back if the company or factory were sold. Would be a very standard clause to have, but I guess I'm assuming rather too much that the government is competent.

You are quite right, that is part of the outrage, and you can bet your bottm dollar, that no such clause existed.

Perhaps they believed in trust? :lol::lol:

A Labour donor made a vast personal fortune on the back of a £20million handout of taxpayers' money, an inquiry has found.

It's called money laundering.

It bypasses the restrictions in place to prevent taxpayer money being used for political campaigning

The same thing happens with Trade Unions. They get a handout of taxpayer money and donate it back to the Labour Party.

The supposed prevention of money laundering is given as the reason for most of the infringements of civil liberties introduced by this government ( eg access to bank account records, monitoring of personal email and telephone calls, HMRC power of forced entry without warrent, ID cards).

One law for them and one law for us.

Edited by dr ray

Bet the govt employees still got a bonus though and a nice fat pension - hard working families paying for failure - its the right thing to do.