House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smiffy1967

Should Cannabis Be Legalized?

Should Cannabis be legalized?

controlled, sold to over 21 year olds in special shops and all proceeds go to the NHS?

I am fed up being told what i can and cannot do in my own home

controlled, sold to over 21 year olds in special shops and all proceeds go to the NHS?

BF :P

Badly phrased - you can murder someone in your own home but we shouldn't make that legal.

OK, I'm going to be controversial. I think that hashish and bush (weed, normal grass) are no more harmful than alcohol and there is no good reason for them being illegal. But the high-strength hydroponically-grown genetically-modified skunk (you know the stuff I am talking about) is a bit of a different case. It's more like LSD than cannabis. But then again how could you specify a law which could distinguish the difference?

OK, I'm going to be controversial. I think that hashish and bush (weed, normal grass) are no more harmful than alcohol and there is no good reason for them being illegal. But the high-strength hydroponically-grown genetically-modified skunk (you know the stuff I am talking about) is a bit of a different case. It's more like LSD than cannabis. But then again how could you specify a law which could distinguish the difference?

Rubbish

all the stuff i have smoked in Holland is hydro grown, it is simply a myth what you are saying

smoking weed should not be allowed because it affects the tidal currents in your immediate vicinity and you might flood your neighbours property, burn holes through reality and generally mess up the shared prime material plane that we all need to exist on. You could also create a black hole that will destroy all known life and maybe summon up demaon or the characters from the magic roundabout.

Theres a good reason why you cant do it in your own house.

Morally - of course it should

Why should someone who swallows Brandy be able to moralise to someone who takes cannabis

It would save a fortune in police, court, prison and assoc services

and make a fortune to pay for all this debt we are in

I think we should all toke our way out of this recession !!

Your comments are the sort of dis-information peddled by Pravda, Sky and Jackie Spliff

The media has helped to demonize cannabis smokers, they are told too by the government

Your comments are the sort of dis-information peddled by Pravda, Sky and Jackie Spliff

I have been smoking dope, pretty much daily, for over twenty years. I do not smoke high-grade skunk for the reasons given in my post: the stuff is too potent and just does people's heads in. This is an honest opinion from a user of the drug, not dis-information from a person who's never smoked it.

Morally - of course it should

Why should someone who swallows Brandy be able to moralise to someone who takes cannabis

It would save a fortune in police, court, prison and assoc services

and make a fortune to pay for all this debt we are in

I think we should all toke our way out of this recession !!

LOL so true

everytime i see Ken Clarke on the roger melly he looks half friggin cut on scotch whisky and they are the same exact asholes that pump out the BS about the weed

I have been smoking dope, pretty much daily, for over twenty years. I do not smoke high-grade skunk for the reasons given in my post: the stuff is too potent and just does people's heads in. This is an honest opinion from a user of the drug, not dis-information from persons who've never smoked it.

fare play appologies

me too

if the skunk hits me to hard i just smoke less and less frequent

Rubbish

all the stuff i have smoked in Holland is hydro grown, it is simply a myth what you are saying

No its not - its very true. You must be immune to it :lol::lol:

Rubbish

Sorry, but you cannot tell me that my own opinion, as a dopesmoker, is a myth. If I can't get hold of hash or weed, I generally don't buy anything at all. I stay away from strong skunk because I don't like what it does to me. That is my opinion. You are free to disagree with it, but not to tell me it is a myth. I'm not recycling other people's views or just making stuff up.

smoking weed should not be allowed because it affects the tidal currents in your immediate vicinity and you might flood your neighbours property, burn holes through reality and generally mess up the shared prime material plane that we all need to exist on. You could also create a black hole that will destroy all known life and maybe summon up demaon or the characters from the magic roundabout.

Theres a good reason why you cant do it in your own house.

Gordon-Brown-404_686382c.jpg

yup

a myth

Skunk has half the thc content of Nepalese temple ball which has been around for centuries

If the govt grew the weed

and then sold the weed

they have control of its thc levels

and what is and isnt sold

cannabis is NOT for everyone just as alcohol is NOT for everyone

some people it just doesnt suit and they will have a negative reaction to the substance

The MOST important part of legalising it is

that it breaks the link to hard drugs

fare play appologies

me too

if the skunk hits me to hard i just smoke less and less frequent

I've had at least one really nasty experience with the stuff. I know at least one person who became addicted to it and whose life was quite badly affected by it: and it was skunk she was addicted to, not hash or weed.

No its not - its very true. You must be immune to it :lol::lol:

The brain has natural cannabis receptors so we must have been smoking it since man walked the earth, although Jackie spliff re-clasified it as a class B drug and ignored all the medical advise - i have no doubts the tories will be even more agresive on this subject. The only party talking sense on the issue is Lib Dems

just another good reason to vote for nick vince and the gang

yup

a myth

I repeat: you cannot tell me this is a myth because I have been smoking dope for 20 years and this is my honest opinion. I have no reason to peddle propaganda.

and then sold the weed

This is a good point. In fact, combined with my *opinion* about skunk, it would appear to strengthen the case for legalised, controlled sales.

yup

a myth

Skunk has half the thc content of Nepalese temple ball which has been around for centuries

and then sold the weed

cannabis is NOT for everyone just as alcohol is NOT for everyone

some people it just doesnt suit and they will have a negative reaction to the substance

The MOST important part of legalising it is

that it breaks the link to hard drugs

agree

100%

The brain has natural cannabis receptors so we must have been smoking it since man walked the earth...

No, that's based on a misunderstanding of the science. Just because we have receptors for certain natural chemicals, it does not follow that the receptors evolved in response to those chemicals. In the case of cannabis, the receptors are dopamine/seratonin receptors which exist in the brain for reasons which have nothing to do with cannabis. Cannabis just co-incidentally happens to trigger those receptors.

Gordon-Brown-404_686382c.jpg

:lol:

I know it's childish, but can someone draw a splif in his hand.. preferably in the next five seconds before this disappears OT

No, that's based on a misunderstanding of the science. Just because we have receptors for certain natural chemicals, it does not follow that the receptors evolved in response to those chemicals. In the case of cannabis, the receptors are dopamine/seratonin receptors which exist in the brain for reasons which have nothing to do with cannabis. Cannabis just co-incidentally happens to trigger those receptors.

Not what the guy was saying on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hh..._The_Evil_Weed/