House Price Crash Forum
Killer Bunny

The U S Empire Is Bankrupt

Truthdig.com

Be under no allusion. This is the big one.

Bulls and bears - irrelevant. Think The Terminator without ghastly machines killing us all.

Protect your position.

Buy a house in this scenario? Don't make me laugh.

Those who say prices are reasonable now are comparing them to a totally unreal range. Think 1930s and ask yourself how much prices could go to.

You don't want to think about 80 years ago? OK. Think TODAY and Japan!

I haven't posted on here for months but regularly do on the Financial Markets forum.

'Take it easy out there' - Roll Call Sgt, Hill St Blues

fp

Guest มร หล&#3
Truthdig.com

Bulls and bears - irrelevant. Think The Terminator without ghastly machines killing us all.

Protect your position.

Those who say prices are reasonable now are comparing them to a totally unreal range. Think 1930s and ask yourself how much prices could go to.

I haven't posted on here for months but regularly do on the Financial Markets forum.

fp

JD,

Don't fvck off any where, even I post here again.

MP

sounds like nonsense rhetoric to me. But then i'm no expert....or a financial planner for that matter.

Point me in the direction of where it has been stated or commented that this is a 'formal' effort by the BRICs to replace the dollar as reserve currency ?

Are Russia and china going to dump their 2.4trn holding of US dollars anytime soon ? What are they going to buy instead ? gold ? :lol:

Edited by spivtastic

Truthdig.com

Protect your position.

fp

I thought you left in a hissy fit??

When did you come back?

Guest LongBlackKilt
Truthdig.com

Protect your position.

fp

Very privileged for this post, sir. It allows me to salute the flag one last time before we descend into nihilism.

In this provisional situation I am now following the instructions of Lieutenant Bubb.

sounds like nonsense rhetoric to me. But then i'm no expert....or a financial planner for that matter.

Point me in the direction of where it has been stated or commented that this is a 'formal' effort by the BRICs to replace the dollar as reserve currency ?

Are Russia and china going to dump their 2.4trn holding of US dollars anytime soon ? What are they going to buy instead ? gold ? :lol:

er.. that is exactly what they have been doing. China has bought several hundred tonnes of gold recently along with hundreds of tonnes of copper along with anything else that will be used and can be stockpiled. Obviously they don't want to crash the dollar whilst they hold so many but they are certainly spending them.

" China is frantically spending its dollar reserves to buy factories and property around the globe so it can unload its U.S. currency. This is why Aluminum Corp. of China made so many major concessions in the failed attempt to salvage its $19.5 billion alliance with the Rio Tinto mining concern in Australia. It desperately needs to shed its dollars."

edit to add quote from article.

Edited by richyc

Guest Skinty

Nice to see you back.

Why would you keep your old lottery tickets?

luckily im holding the Pound, a currency backed by an economy that is the best placed in Europe, an economy with the toughest people in the world to tough it through, our leaders gloriously following us on to more lending, our housing stock is priced second to non in the world, and rising daily.

Very privileged for this post, sir. It allows me to salute the flag one last time before we descend into nihilism.

In this provisional situation I am now following the instructions of Lieutenant Bubb.

I refuse to move into the bunker until CGNAO returns and confirms armageddon status on this thread

Edited by sbn

luckily im holding the Pound, a currency backed by an economy that is the best placed in Europe, an economy with the toughest people in the world to tough it through, our leaders gloriously following us on to more lending, our housing stock is priced second to non in the world, and rising daily.

When you really stop to think about it you have to conclude that it's scary, isn't it.

Do you think they would take a couple of boxes of old vinyl 12 inches off my hands?

You got any Duran, Duran or Human League remixes in there?

You got any Duran, Duran or Human League remixes in there?

Uplifting trance I'm afraid.

Have the Chinese bought into the UK at all?

Truthdig.com

Protect your position.

fp

The pound lost its status as the global reserve currency in the early 20th century. That in itself wasn't the end of the world.

The other problem is, if people do ditch the US Dollar, where do they put their money? The Euro is the most obvious choice, but I don't rate it much, and none of the BRIC countries have currencies I would put a lot of faith in, except for the Hong Kong Dollar, which is pegged to the US Dollar.

As for house prices, yes, the crash has barely begun yet. I'm still renting, and expect to be for the next few years.